NVIDIA Releases GeForce 531.29 Game Ready Drivers

erek

[H]F Junkie
Always exciting for new drivers, an appreciated ritual of updating

“NVIDIA today released the latest version of its GeForce Game Ready drivers. We are awaiting an update from NVIDIA on the game-optimizations, since the changelog accessed by us isn't clear on that. The drivers do address a handful issues. Firstly, a bug that caused abnormally high CPU utilization for the NVIDIA Container internal process of the driver, has been fixed. Stability issues on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs has been fixed. Certain Adobe CC application stability issues with the previous 531.18 drivers has been fixed.”

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/305915/nvidia-releases-geforce-531-29-game-ready-drivers

it'd be nice if they'd hurry up and release their 4060/ti/4070 series cards. Look I get it they're holding back because they want to remove old stock of 30 series but I'm pretty sure they've hit a holding pattern of people waiting not wanting to pay day 1 prices on 3 year old cards and also unwilling to jump into the thousand dollar video card market.

if the price does not move too much, could they end up doing like they did with make Turing for so long (1660 and so on) and never making 2030-2050 cards, maybe we will make new Ampere product for the lower end for a long time. I am not sure they are looking to not have turing-ampere stock in the lower price points:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/gaming-...r-gpu-specs-performance-expected-release-date

Or at least I am not sure how they price a 4060 for the 4060 price not to be ridiculous (i.e sold way over a 3070 msrp without performing much better) or making the 4070ti-4080 price look really bad.

Solid brand 3070 goes for $550 on newegg at the moment, Asus at $570, would an above $500 has much of a point ? Would a lower make the 4070ti price look too bad ?

Depends how much cheaper to make the 4060 would be obviously and versus how many less A6000 type card they would sold using TSMC 4NM on them

Back