NVIDIA Releases GeForce 461.09 WHQL Drivers

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Among the fixes with GeForce 461.09 WHQL are a bug that caused an FPS counter to appear on Windows Mail and Calendar apps; a BSOD noticed on GeForce GTX 750 Ti; system freezing to solid color and screen-flickering noticed on the GTX 1080 Ti, improper HDR implementation when connected to certain LG OLED TV models; and a BSOD known to occur when waking up machines from sleep that have three 4K UHD monitors plugged in. Grab the drivers from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 461.09 WHQL"

https://www.techpowerup.com/276890/nvidia-releases-geforce-461-09-whql-drivers

Hmm, I wonder what the issues are with HDR implementation? I'm using a CX as my primary display with HDR always on and didn't notice anything.

Hmm, I wonder what the issues are with HDR implementation? I'm using a CX as my primary display with HDR always on and didn't notice anything.
After checking through the NVidia forums it looks like some LG displays when connected and HDR was turned on would just go black and never come back until HDR was turned off for them. Something to do with signaling I suppose as they would just dump to "looking for input"

After checking through the NVidia forums it looks like some LG displays when connected and HDR was turned on would just go black and never come back until HDR was turned off for them. Something to do with signaling I suppose as they would just dump to "looking for input"

Oh I've had this problem occasionally when I first turn on my TV resulting in a 'No Input' message even though the computer is on. Usually turning the TV off and back on fixes it. Excited if this is a permanent fix!

This last driver doesn't allow anything above 4:2:0 chroma at 8 bits on my 65"E6 LG OLED. No selection, all greyed out. Going to grab this one now.

Good grief there are some issues that have been in there for months and still not fixed.

Just installed them seem ok but I'm on a new Asus MB which always had better luck with.
I had desktop flicker on startup no idea if it was a driver issues I suppose I can check it out.
Update: seems to be gone....

The HDR implementation (black levels specifically) on a few games has not looked quite right to me on my 65" C8. Going to grab this and see if I notice an improvement.

Still waiting on Nvidia to fix my multi-monitor issues. I have a 32" 1440p 144hz monitor, and a 32" 1080p 60hz secondary. When the secondary is plugged in the GPU maxes out clocks on Core and MEM. If I reduce the 144hz monitor to 60hz everything idles normally. If I unplug the secondary monitor and keep the other at default res and 144hz then it's fine. So there is something about plugging a secondary monitor and/or having one of them at 144hz that is messed up.

Still waiting on Nvidia to fix my multi-monitor issues. I have a 32" 1440p 144hz monitor, and a 32" 1080p 60hz secondary. When the secondary is plugged in the GPU maxes out clocks on Core and MEM. If I reduce the 144hz monitor to 60hz everything idles normally. If I unplug the secondary monitor and keep the other at default res and 144hz then it's fine. So there is something about plugging a secondary monitor and/or having one of them at 144hz that is messed up.
Hmmm, I have a 3440x1440 @ 60hz, 2x 2560x1440 @ 60hz and a 1x 1080p @ 240hz and don't have that issue. Using a gtx1070 if that has anything to do with it.

I do however have another pc with an LG 3440x1440 @ 144hz that occasionally gets "no signal" from my GTX 1080 ti, wonder if what was mentioned above would resolve that at all. It's not common and has happened for the 2yrs I've owned the combo, all I do is reboot or pull the DP cable and plug it back in and I'm good to go.

I updated to the december drivers in an effort to fix cyberpunk graphic issues but it just caused other games to have random flickering. Updated to these drivers and still getting some random flickering of textures in World of Warcraft

My 1080ti "idles" at 1493mhz and 60 watts when I have all 3 of my monitors attached and active. Dual 4k60hz and one 1440p165hz

I just accept it as a requirement of pushing all those pixels at this point... (Load, for me, is around 270 watts and 1950+mhz)

These drivers seem to be working very well for everything else though!

I have the same monitor set up, to get round this I run the secondary monitor off the motherboard....

If I remember correctly the issue is that having one monitor not be a multiple of the other's refresh rate is what causes that. It made my 2070 spin up and down all the time. Setting your faaster monitor to be 120Hz instead of 144 should make the problem go away. Apparently it's been there for a few years.

Installed yesterday, encountered terrible frame rates in games. Installed on secondary computer as an experiment and had same problem, so not limited to one GPU generation. Switched IRQ to message signal interrupt, no difference. Browsed geforce forums(a pox on nvidia for that dog shit forum layout) one person said uninstall geforce experience.........I never installed GFX to start with. Found people complaining about the same issue with last few drivers. Decided to uninstall and revert. I tried these drivers due to the security advisory post recently, hopefully the cause of the abysmal FPS is discovered.

Installed yesterday, encountered terrible frame rates in games. Installed on secondary computer as an experiment and had same problem, so not limited to one GPU generation. Switched IRQ to message signal interrupt, no difference. Browsed geforce forums(a pox on nvidia for that dog shit forum layout) one person said uninstall geforce experience.........I never installed GFX to start with. Found people complaining about the same issue with last few drivers. Decided to uninstall and revert. I tried these drivers due to the security advisory post recently, hopefully the cause of the abysmal FPS is discovered.

Maybe the changes simply causes it? A bit like Intel tried to take shortcuts to performance improvements with the whole Meltdown debacle (truth is I still prefer my performance over the security fixes in case of Intel :p)

Maybe the changes simply causes it? A bit like Intel tried to take shortcuts to performance improvements with the whole Meltdown debacle (truth is I still prefer my performance over the security fixes in case of Intel :p)
In the back of my mind I had thought about that, mitigations causing performance losses yet those fixes supposedly came with this driver release and there are people on nvidia forums with the same FPS issues going back a few releases. I'm fine with reverting to a much earlier driver and keeping an eye on the forums, those nasty formatted geforce forums that make me want to barf.

Hopefully that root cause of frame drops when fixed applies to all forms of gaming since it also happened on my GTX 980Ti (not an RTX obviously) and I have no VR headset for my RTX 2080 (pity on me for having poor eyesight).

Back