NVIDIA Releases GeForce 441.99 Beta Drivers with Vulkan 1.2 API Support

erek

[H]F Junkie
Not sure about installing a Beta driver myself. Prefer waiting on WHQL unless something critical.

"NVIDIA today released its first developer beta drivers that support the new Vulkan 1.2 3D graphics API. Labeled GeForce 441.99, under the R440-series, the drivers extend Vulkan 1.2 support to all NVIDIA graphics architectures going back to "Kepler." That would include GTX 600/700-series "Kepler," GTX 700/900-series "Maxwell," GTX 10-series "Pascal," and GTX 16/RTX 20-series "Turing," along with TITAN and Quadro graphics cards based on these architectures. NVIDIA states that its API support for Vulkan 1.2 is "full," including including support for timeline semaphores, descriptor indexing, buffer device address and SPIR-V 1.5 features."

DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 441.99 Vulkan 1.2 Developer Beta

https://www.techpowerup.com/262981/...1-99-beta-drivers-with-vulkan-1-2-api-support

That is actually pretty interesting and I think it is telling that they are doing this now. Effectively getting their ducks in a row to follow AMD forward with AMD's presence on the PS4 and new xbox whatever consoles.

That is actually pretty interesting and I think it is telling that they are doing this now. Effectively getting their ducks in a row to follow AMD forward with AMD's presence on the PS4 and new xbox whatever consoles.

lol they're not following AMD.. nvidia's one of the biggest supporters of Vulkan.

It's a driver release for (game) Developers, not us. It means game dev's can start tinkering with it right now in their code. AMD and Intel are probably not too far behind getting driver support added (knock on wood).

lol they're not following AMD.. nvidia's one of the biggest supporters of Vulkan.
NVIDIA is one of the founding members of the Khronos Group along with ATi.
It's a driver release for (game) Developers, not us. It means game dev's can start tinkering with it right now in their code. AMD and Intel are probably not too far behind getting driver support added (knock on wood).
Sounds good. We were experimenting with these key concepts in this version of Vulkan back in my university days 14 years ago with OpenGL. Might be the kick in the pants I needed to get back into doing some programming.

Not sure about Nintendo but Sony and MS don’t use Vulkan in their consoles. The Xbox uses a modified DX and Sony has a custom API.

Not sure about Nintendo but Sony and MS don’t use Vulkan in their consoles. The Xbox uses a modified DX and Sony has a custom API.
Indeed. The the high level part of the PS4 API, GNMX, is actually similar to DirectX in the way you program with it according to developers who have talked about it. The assumption is that the low level part is based on PSGL, but we haven't been fed anything that would suggest such. In fact, from the information that we do have GNM is a completely custom API written from the ground up created by Sony specifically for the PS4.

NVIDIA is one of the founding members of the Khronos Group along with ATi.

yeah that's what i thought i remembered seeing but since it wasn't on the wikipedia page when i glanced over it wasn't sure if they were still a part of Khronos Group or just a supporter now.

Back