Nvidia Releases Game Ready Driver For Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Got the latest Resident Evil game? Good. Got the new GeForce 378.49 drivers? Even better. Indeed, Nvidia has released a game ready driver that provides the “optimal gaming experience” for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, as well as Conan Exiles early access and the For Honor closed beta. Per release notes, other notables include SLI profile additions or updates to titles such as Battlefield 1, as well as support for the notebook versions of the GTX 1050.

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1. Game Ready Provides the optimal gaming experience for Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Conan Exiles early access, and the For Honor closed beta.

There were some reports on Guru that this driver offers big performance increases with RE7. Looking forward to giving it a go later.

Nice. Got my Kabylake setup built this last weekend. Resident Evil 7 is downloading while Im at work and Fedex is dropping off my GTX1080 any moment now.

Todays-gonna-Be.jpg

*patiently waits for everything to go wrong.*

So since japan calls resident evil games biohazard. is this Biohazard 7: Biohazard?

I can't update anymore. It will break Fallout 3 and NV :(

Been waiting for this fix for a long time.
[Folding @ Home] Work unit errors occur. [200262613/1831430]

I haven't updated to these drivers yet. Are any of you guys having the types of issues we are reporting on today?

This is FAKE NEWS.....everyone knows that Nvidia make the best drivers ever and never have ANY issues whatsoever.......:shifty:

Not sure if it's related to this driver, but I've had 2 instances where I fired up games (Street Fighter V and Resident Evil 7) only to get super high pitched shriek rather than audio. Never had that happen before 2-3 weeks ago. Since I'm using Nvidia audio and nothing else has changed, I tend to think it falls on the driver.

LOL i'm still using drivers provided by ASUS for my Strix GTX 960 >version 359.06

ASUS posts that driver only for Maxwell cards and just keeps changing the driver date , had nothing but problems with Nvidia's reference drivers since Jan 2016
so i stick with the ones from ASUS

and i always only just install the driver and control panel and only HDMI audio (so i can use my HDTV as a monitor for watching movies )

NO GEFORCE EXP >>NO 3 D VISION ..since i dont own the glasses or or nvidia kit and supported 3d screen ..and have no need for geforce EXP to set up my games

and can some one PLEASE tell me why after driver ver 367 Nvidia drivers try to install OPTIMUS on my desktop system ? ..my CPU does not have an Intel IGPU ??

i always thought that was only for use only in laptops that had both an Nvidia GPU and onboard video .. my mother board has ZERO onboard video , its an old ASUS P5 B with an Intel Q 9650 CPU

But...this is impossible, only AMD has buggy drivers.

/sarcasm

Touche'

AMD buggy driver.. only 99 times out 100.

AMD no release day driver.. only 99 times out of 100.

So, yes, once in a millennia AMD gets it right. But then a broken clock is also right twice a day..

No issues to report post driver on any of my games that were working before. I tried loading up Dishonored 2 and that was a clusterfuck of crash issues, but that could easily my install or the game being a POS>

Touche'

So, yes, once in a millennia AMD gets it right. But then a broken clock is also right twice a day..

I don't ...

This is just so ...

Wow!

No, just no, you are so wrong it's not even funny.

driver seems fine playing the For Honor beta...I've skipped the last 3-4 driver releases so I'm happy this seems to be a good one

I just don't get these quick-fire driver releases by Nvidia. Who are they racing against? AMD? Gawd, why? One would think that their market position would allow them the luxury of taking some time with their software (y'know, like they used to). But instead, their position seems to have made them cocky and careless, and here we are with one WHQL certified PoS after another. STOP DICKING AROUND NVIDIA! :mad:

But...this is impossible, only AMD has buggy drivers.

/sarcasm

Nah, they just didn't play it the way it's meant to be played. Nvidia is faultless here, they write the drivers for NASA to run the internet. It's actually AMDs fault this time, they made so much global warming people are experiencing data corruption. Only workaround is people just need to sign up for the windows 10 nvidia game ready online login only drivers.

Touche'

That's total bullshit in recent years, shows how long ago you last used AMD. But nvidias win 10 drivers were perfect eh? and the rest.they have dropped the ball more in the last year than ever before. But no, amd is shit 'cus of 5-7 years ago eh? I mean let's not fuck up a new os driver. Even amd got that right..

Reactions: Creig
like this
That's total bullshit in recent years, shows how long ago you last used AMD. But nvidias win 10 drivers were perfect eh? and the rest.they have dropped the ball more in the last year than ever before. But no, amd is shit 'cus of 5-7 years ago eh? I mean let's not fuck up a new os driver. Even amd got that right..

Personally, prior to Nvidia's 37x.xx drivers, I had never had a GPU driver in 26 years of doing this that was buggy.

SLI/Crossfire? Sure. When I crossfired dual Radeon HD 6970's in 2011, Crossfire was a total nightmare, and even SLI more recently with my dual 980ti's was not a smooth experience on anything outside of the biggest AAA titles.

What's been going on with Nvidia's post 369.xx releases - however - has been a pretty bad, and I struggle to explain it. Has the WDDM 2.1 Windows 10 transition really been that hard? Did they fire their entire driver team and outsource it to India? WTF is going on?

EVERY SINGLE RELEASE after 369.xx has just been one problem after another.

Touche'

Which has exactly nothing to do with Nvidia's latest string of driver issues. But thanks for the off-topic and irrelevant misdirection attempt!

Last edited:
This driver fixed the Folding@Home issue which every Win 10 user has.
I dont home stream steam so i wont miss it.

Win10 wasn't the only users who had issues with F@H. Win7 and Linux (What I run) had issues with newer drives also.

Back