Nvidia record quarterly revenue ($7.1B) in Q3 2021 calendar year

pututu

[H]ard DC'er of the Year 2021
Not a video card news but don't know where to post.

The more you buy the more you save seems to work for Nvidia revenue and profit (sarcasm). Summary financial result here.

Note: Nvidia fiscal year is one year ahead of calendar year.

1637194506628.png

Gaming

Well there certainly does not seem to be a shortage of money floating around

Great....Where's my fucking video card?!

:cautious: Here probably, note this is not mine. This was that time zotac posted this for zotac gaming (I do not have a mining rig)

ng-GeForce-RTX-3070-White-Edition-GPU-mining-cards.jpg

Last edited:
Not a video card news but don't know where to post.

The more you buy the more you save seems to work for Nvidia revenue and profit (sarcasm). Summary financial result here.

Note: Nvidia fiscal year is one year ahead of calendar year.

View attachment 413606

Gaming

Damn good margins for a hardware company.

Just for grins, I looked up Lenovo's gross margins. What a difference.

1637212271216.png

Yep. In this current situation it is more like "the more you buy, the more gross margin I make and the more you pay"

And thus you see, we don't have a "chip shortage" we have a "Demand Surplus". More chips are being manufactured and sold today than ever before.

There is no shortage. There is simply more demand than there ever has been.
From a limited understanding, there is a shortage (a state or situation in which something needed cannot be obtained in sufficient amounts), just one that is due to augmentation in demand, not by a lower than before supply. Shortage and demand being higher than the supply are a bit of synonym.

In economics, a shortage or excess demand is a situation in which the demand for a product or service exceeds its supply in a market. It is the opposite of an excess supply (surplus).

From a limited understanding, there is a shortage (a state or situation in which something needed cannot be obtained in sufficient amounts), just one that is due to augmentation in demand, not by a lower than before supply. Shortage and demand being higher than the supply are a bit of synonym.

In economics, a shortage or excess demand is a situation in which the demand for a product or service exceeds its supply in a market. It is the opposite of an excess supply (surplus).
You are correct, I just hate how people think this is some sort of epidemic about manufacturing and supply not working like it used to, and we're waiting for things to 'return to normal'.

This is the new normal. Manufacturing is more efficient and effective today than it has ever been.

Crypto is being very good to NV. IF crypto starts to die off then NV will be in the same situation AMD was several years back. There will be tons of used Ampere cards hitting the market at fire sale prices. NV and AMD for that matter need to be very wary of where they price next gen cards.

However, to stay on topic I have to say that NV is a juggernaut of a company. Jensen just knows how to print money.

I believe NV and AMD should be upping their margins a bit more as long as the crypto boom continues.

And thus you see, we don't have a "chip shortage" we have a "Demand Surplus". More chips are being manufactured and sold today than ever before.

There is no shortage. There is simply more demand than there ever has been.

It's true, but we still have spotty shipping causing delivery delays all along the chain (going to be another year before cargo ships get the jab., and maybe a pay increase?)

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ext-shipping-crisis-a-maritime-labor-shortage

Crypto is being very good to NV. IF crypto starts to die off then NV will be in the same situation AMD was several years back. There will be tons of used Ampere cards hitting the market at fire sale prices. NV and AMD for that matter need to be very wary of where they price next gen cards.

However, to stay on topic I have to say that NV is a juggernaut of a company. Jensen just knows how to print money.

I believe NV and AMD should be upping their margins a bit more as long as the crypto boom continues.

No they don't. They're going to set the price to wherever they want, and they're going to sell out, especially when people see how much better next year's cards will be for gaming, particularly with features like ray tracing, etc. Best case scenario, they'll match 2020 pricing formulas for each tier, but more likely they're even higher than 2020 due to inflation. That's my prediction. In any case, the Nvidia shares I own will no doubt pay for my next card.

No they don't. They're going to set the price to wherever they want, and they're going to sell out, especially when people see how much better next year's cards will be for gaming, particularly with features like ray tracing, etc. Best case scenario, they'll match 2020 pricing formulas for each tier, but more likely they're even higher than 2020 due to inflation. That's my prediction. In any case, the Nvidia shares I own will no doubt pay for my next card.
I think he means they can't sell them too cheap lol. so as not to cause a crypto crash

They sold to near 2017 early 2018 volume Q3 2021 apparently:
tMARednSjQTA9Vj3LX2hSM-970-80.png

If the graph is accurate it show that without amped demand elsewhere and issues maybe there would be 5 millions more video cards out there from Nvidia and more than twice as much AMDs (say if they would have been able to ramp up to peark 2017 level).

Back