NVIDIA Q217 Financial Results NVDA

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
What is the answer to "Who's got the beaucoup dolares today?" That would be NVIDIA! The 10 series GPUs are still selling very well for NVIDIA as well as some of its other products, but despite its huge R&D efforts to diversify its products, the GPUs are still bringing in the big bucks.

NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) today reported revenue for the first quarter ended April 30, 2017, of $1.94 billion, up 48 percent from $1.30 billion a year earlier, and down 11 percent from $2.17 billion in the previous quarter.

"The AI revolution is moving fast and continuing to accelerate," said Jensen Huang, founder and chief executive officer of NVIDIA. "NVIDIA's GPU deep learning platform is the instrument of choice for researchers, internet giants and startups as they invent the future.

"Our Datacenter GPU computing business nearly tripled from last year, as more of the world's computer scientists engage deep learning. One industry after another is awakening to the power of GPU deep learning and AI, the most important technology force of our time," he said.

Last edited:
I hope the R&D they re-invest is still significantly put into the consumer video card department. Yes, NVIDIA is doing well in AI and datacenter, but too many companies (*cough*Intel*cough*) are lured by the potential revenue and profits of new, emerging, or alternate sectors, and allow the consumer market that made the company what it is today languish and stagnate.

Jensen is a true visionary, and people like him shape the world and make it better. I am glad the few dollars NVIDIA made out of my 1070 are being invested in such transformative tech.

Jensen is a true visionary, and people like him shape the world and make it better. I am glad the few dollars NVIDIA made out of my 1070 are being invested in such transformative tech.

In what way is he a true visionary?

nvidia better use the money wisely, it's not every year that their competitor allow them a free grab on 300$+ segments.

Looks like Charlie Demerjian's annual Nvidia demise prediction will have to continue waiting.
I'm starting to miss the articles where Charlie explained how nvidia tweaked its numbers to make itself look good to investors but that it was all just smoke and mirrors and it would ultimately fall.

A quick look in semiaccurate shows no nvidia related news/articles since november 2016.

Back