Nvidia Purposely Reducing Hash Rate for RTX 3060 GPUs, Creates Cryptocurrency Mining Processors (CMP)

I don't want to contribute to someone else on my dime. I want to contribute to me.

The amount of time I spend gaming is less than the amount of time I can leave the computer on, consequence-free, earning money, which I can then use to improve my gaming library, upgrade, or waste on beer.

While gaming is really my main concern when buying hardware, sometimes even work hardware, mining's going to be a factor. I don't want either company neutering what is otherwise multi-purpose hardware.

What if AMD or Nvidia said they were going to limit the video rendering capabilities of their video cards to prevent professional users from buying up their inventory? People would be furious. Even peoople who don't make and edit video. There's a double standard here.

If mining is so profitable that miners mining can afford new hardware seemingly regardless of cost, mine while you sleep. It will at least take the edge off the cost of gaming.
Then you should have said that straight up instead of the lame heat excuse. What you really want is to make money mining, and you don’t really care about the heat - if heat were the primary motivation then folding at home or gimped hash rate wouldn’t matter.

why hack any driver? just use an older one that doesnt limit the hash rate. duh!

From what I have seen there isn't a publicly available driver out that supports the 3060. Someone on Reddit had a 3060 that was sold early and couldn't get it running to test the hash rate.

Anything at the driver level can and will be easily worked around unfortunately, the limitation needs to be in the firmware/bios as well for it to stick and even then it's an easy workaround with a new bios flash ... I doubt this will dent the demand for the 3060 once it comes, I fully expect it to hit 2x MSRP before launch day is over..want to get a card for gaming? Put a severe leash on crypto...

Then you should have said that straight up instead of the lame heat excuse.
What excuse? Why should I pay for heat and get nothing when I can pay for heat and get more money back than I spent?

The only excuse I'm seeing is mining is bad, mining is a problem ... well it's not for me. I'm using my hardware to kill two birds with one stone.

What excuse? Why should I pay for heat and get nothing when I can pay for heat and get more money back than I spent?

The only excuse I'm seeing is mining is bad, mining is a problem ... well it's not for me. I'm using my hardware to kill two birds with one stone.
What you really want is to make money mining, and you don’t really care about the heat - if heat were the primary motivation then folding at home or gimped hash rate wouldn’t matter.

heat were the primary motivation then folding at home or gimped hash rate wouldn’t matter
Sure it would. I'd be upset that the compute performance I was donating my energy to was being artificially constrained there, too. What matters is that there's an artificial bottleneck in the first place. It shouldn't be there, this is a PR stunt at best, and hobby level mining is just fine.

Why don't the big companies like nVidia just mine the crypto themselves?

The fact that they don't, tells me it's clearly not worth the effort.
they prob are and that's what's causing the shortage. prob jensens cousins and nephews have mining startups and sending "the big guy" his cut tax free in bitcoin!?

Is this only going to be for 3060 itself, not the other RTX 3000 line? In any case, its foolish. Its basically only harming the "casual" miner, the gamer who turns on NiceHash to slightly defer the cost of their stupidly overpriced and hard to find GPU if they get lucky . As others have pointed out, anyone with a dedicated box will use dedicated drivers and this won't matter a damn bit. Plus, its not like NV has a bunch of "extra" manufacturing capacity they can divert to mining specific cards - they're basically maxed out fabbing. Sure, NV will be able to use some GPUs that don't qualify or whatnot but that's a relatively small percentage overall I imagine and, unless they make these mining specific chips/cards either A) way, way performant beyond other GPUs or B) way, way cheaper its likely that the big professional grade mining farms in China and the like will just buy up all these cards first and then still desire to buy gaming cards as they both still have desire for more hardware and unlike the mining only stuff the gaming stuff can be resold en masse .

This just seems like yet another waste that hurts the gamer/casual user most of all, but I've never known Nvidia to avoid a chance to push something proprietary or limit something if they think they can get away with it.

That said, the bit about AMD RDNA2 cards that Kyle mentioned I'd be curious for more info. I'm more frustrated if AMD went in such a direction because again, it only means less sales for them. Intentionally (hardware or software) limiting your card's performance for fear of a certain userbase is never a good look ; even less so on AMD who tends to favor more open, user friendly policies vs Nvidia. The RDNA2 cards are all around pretty solid and compete at every level going right up to the 3080/3090 tiers this time, but there are special cases where at least for the moment they lag behind, like raytracing performance (I look forward to seeing the gap close a bit with optimization for this particular implementation ) and the lack of an open platform agnostic DLSS alternative (not to mention an NVEnc style codec) - which of course Nvidia has predictably been on a PR blitz regarding their strength in these areas. Due to shortages , AMD cards are generally sold out , prices are high, and it seems like they have problems with AIBs both in terms of sky-high pricing and stupid restrictions on performance; not a good look for them to not be as desirable for mining either. This is especially noteworthy when a gaming user is doing the overall calculus of price, performance, features and figures that mining may be at least a part time interest . There was a time when AMD cards were leaps and bounds ahead in crypto mining, but are we at a place now where the latest generation are less desirable vs comparable NV cards? That's yet another check in the "oh well, guess I'd better buy Nvidia" - especially if there's a hardware limitation with RDNA2 but only a stupid yet able-to-be-mitigated software/driver issues with Ampere. I really want to see AMD thrive along with their open ethos, so it will be disappointing if it seems yet one more issue has arisen that makes NV look favorable , especially when this kind of occurrence could have been a slam dunk for AMD in a "We believe that its your hardware to do as you choose, where Team Green prefers to hobble your hardware and make it harder to use as you wish." ; all counteracted if AMD did the same thing to RDNA2 but on a hardware level.

As a gamer myself, not a miner, and more specfically, a gamer who was prepared to upgrade as soon as the 3080 was launched, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but objectively, what do you expect Nvidia to do? We're not entitled to anything, we're just another customer class. If I'm Jensen Huang and a mining operation calls me up trying to fill a 747 Jumbo Jet full of GPUs (as happened in 2017) to mine fake internet money, what do you think he's going to say? "Sorry bro, I only work for gamers"? Is that what you would say if you were the CEO of Nvidia with a duty to shareholders to maximize sales and profits? If I'm a shareholder of Nvidia and I find out they're walking away from millions of dollars in sales and letting AMD have it, I would be absolutely livid.

That said, this driver thing won't do anything. Miners are typically technical people, they'll modify it as seen fit and resume as normal. They'll buy up the mining cards, and then buy up GPUs when those mining cards are out of stock and modify the drivers. Rinse, repeat. The only things that will help here are an increase in supply, or a crash in the crypto market. That's basically it. This announcement from Nvidia is obviously marketing to gamers to make them think they have their back or whatever, but it's not going to do anything to address the issue as far as I can see.
what dude, who do you think built that company to what it is today? who was it that kept them going when mining died down and bought their overpriced 1st gen rt cards? GAMERS. yeah i'd say they owe us a little something. besides it's not like they wouldn't sell them regardless if mining was now hot again or not. and eventually it will die down again too just like bitcoin to where the only people making anything worthwhile are people with warehouses full of miners. then what who's gonna want them then? especially when someone figures out how to build a new asic that can beat a gpu, like before.

I know... this isn't a super popular opinion around these parts.

However;
if AMD really did on purpose cripple their RDNA2... they are retarded and deserve to loose money.
if Nvidia is going to firmware cripple 3060s so they can sell "mining" cards.... WTF is the point. If they don't cripple 3070s, and try and charge 3070 prices for 3060 chipped mining cards why would the miners not just buy 3070s and undervolt them or whatever tricks they employee. And if they are pulling the chips from the same pool WTF is the difference if there not trying to charge more for the mining cards. Which means the only point of this move is to make more MONEY for Nvidia.

If they do something like this is seems like PR for the gamerz and nothing more. This will not fix stock this will not ensure stock this will not effect how much money Nvidia makes. (cause try as they may miners will not pay more for the same card) Its PR, nothing more. And if as some have suggested AMD crippled RDNA2 in general... there fucking stupid only a company run by morons would turn down money.

I understand for long term sales security you want to keep gamers happy cause we will be around after the crypto hunters move on to ASICs or whatever. However the ASIC stuff seems to never be able to keep up with the rapid advancements in GPUs.... or the pricing of volume GPUs offer over custom ASICs that have zero resell when the hash leaves them behind. (not counting the massive mining companies making their own chips) There is a very good chance... that GPUs being used to mine is a thing that is NEVER going to end. Big companies are buying crypto currency in Billion dollar transactions. Crypto is not going away... and GPUs are going to be on the leading edge of mining them likely forever. Unless GPUs ever get to the fast enough for ever point.

Anyway Nice PR stunt Nvidia.... but I hope most people see it for exactly what it is, and don't fall for the Nvidia loves us its the evil crypto hunters line. Nvidia loves money and will sell to whoever pays cash.

EDIT... and thinking about AMD crippling RDNA2.... IF they had tons and tons of stock it would perhaps have been a stroke of genius. It would have ensured they sold more cards then Nvidia to gamers and perhaps start really eroding Nvidias mind share wins. I don't think they are playing 4D chess here though. Its very likely their cards are just not as good at crunching mining stuff cause that is the way it is.
i think basically they are letting everyone know they are splitting the stock between gamers and miners. so that way ALL the cards don't go to miners and hopefully we won't see the price doubling we did the last mining boom for gaming cards. hell they're already doubled as it is.

I don't want to contribute to someone else on my dime. I want to contribute to me.

The amount of time I spend gaming is less than the amount of time I can leave the computer on, consequence-free, earning money, which I can then use to improve my gaming library, upgrade, or waste on beer.

While gaming is really my main concern when buying hardware, sometimes even work hardware, mining's going to be a factor. I don't want either company neutering what is otherwise multi-purpose hardware.

What if AMD or Nvidia said they were going to limit the video rendering capabilities of their video cards to prevent professional users from buying up their inventory? People would be furious. Even peoople who don't make and edit video. There's a double standard here.

If mining is so profitable that miners mining can afford new hardware seemingly regardless of cost, mine while you sleep. It will at least take the edge off the cost of gaming.
i don't know, as a gamer, in this day and age and the way things are going, not sure i'd want to risk burning my shiny new price doubled gpu up mining and not be able to replace it and be stuck with a gtx 1030 or some sh**... guess depends on your priorites?

But not the 3080?

Fuck you Nvidia.
That would be too risky. Opens Nvidia up to lawsuits about intentional product performance reduction in order to promote the purchase of another product. They can likely get away with it for the 3060 because that GPU isn’t officially released yet and they have made a statement about the reduced performance before it is in anyone’s hands.

Currently ETH mining is the most profitable by a large margin. ETH was specifically designed so that ASICs could not be used like they are with bitcoin. The mining algorithm is 100% random, and needs a large pool of memory that increases with time. It recently past 4GB (Which is why the 4GB cards are cheaper on ebay right now). Currently mining is more memory bandwidth bound, than compute bound on most graphics cards. This is why the 5700 and 5700xt has the same hash rates.
The RDNA2 cards use a large cache system with a smaller memory bus to achive similar gaming performance as a wide memory bus. I’m assuming this was done mainly for cost savings. The cache does very little to speed up the hash rate of ETH because of the inherent design of the software to combat small cache sizes for mining. This in turn makes it hash around 60mh/s only slightly faster than the 5700’s 50mh/s. Even though the gaming performace is 2x as fast, ETH hash rates are memory limited.

Whether AMD did this on purpose to nerf mining is anyone guess. I’ll go with cost savings, with nerfed mining performance as a side effect. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Currently ETH mining is the most profitable by a large margin. ETH was specifically designed so that ASICs could not be used like they are with bitcoin. The mining algorithm is 100% random, and needs a large pool of memory that increases with time. It recently past 4GB (Which is why the 4GB cards are cheaper on ebay right now). Currently mining is more memory bound, than compute bound on most graphics cards. This is why the 5700 and 5700xt has the same hash rates.
The RDNA2 cards use a large cache system to utilize a slower memory bus to achive similar gaming performance with a smaller bus. I’m assuming this was done mainly for cost savings. The cache does very little to speed up the hash rate of ETH. This in turn makes it hash around 60mh/s only slightly faster than the 5700’s 50mh/s, even though the gaming performace is 2x as fast.

Whether AMD did this on purpose to nerf mining is anyone guess. I’ll go with cost savings, with nerfed mining performance as a side effect. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly. AMD wasn't being benevolent by any stretch. They hash the same at the same Wattage as pretty much any other GDDR6 based card with the same memory bandwidth which is to be expected. All AMD did was include the cache to compensate for higher bandwidth memory (be it HBM2 or GDDR6X). Realistically, this was probably a cost saving measure that has the benefit of being less attractive to miners.

The 3060 will have a hacked "mining" driver that hashes where it would fall with the available memory bandwidth. There's just too much money out there not to right now.

The RDNA2 cards use a large cache system to utilize a slower memory bus to achive similar gaming performance with a smaller bus. I’m assuming this was done mainly for cost savings. The cache does very little to speed up the hash rate of ETH.
If that's the reason why then I have zero problems with it. It's baked into the architecture to make the cards do cool stuff from a gaming perspective, and cost less (hah!). It's not nerfed, it's not artificial, it just is.

This is just PR, mining farms hire ex-Nvidia engineers to make them custom bios and drivers. Once the HW is in your hands, no lock out works, especially when you have the same engineers who made the lock-out on payroll to un-lock it.

Same deal with AMD cards, all their stuff is just PR, they're just worse at mining, unintentionally - by design - no matter what other PR 'limitations' they put on their GPUS. If their cards were soooooooooooooooo good at mining, and just artificially locked out, the mining firms would just hire AMD engineers to unlock AMD cards and tune them more for mining (which they also do currently). But, the AMD cards are worse than NVidia cards at mining, when you remove all the limitations of each - so the miners focus more (not only, just more) on obtaining and using and unlocking Nvidia GPUS. Again, they do it with AMD as well - but like I said, Nvidia is better at it ATM so more of the focus is on them by the mining firms ATM.

what dude, who do you think built that company to what it is today? who was it that kept them going when mining died down and bought their overpriced 1st gen rt cards? GAMERS. yeah i'd say they owe us a little something. besides it's not like they wouldn't sell them regardless if mining was now hot again or not. and eventually it will die down again too just like bitcoin to where the only people making anything worthwhile are people with warehouses full of miners. then what who's gonna want them then? especially when someone figures out how to build a new asic that can beat a gpu, like before.

So go buy an Intel Xe. Nvidia is a corporation. Corporations exist to make money, that's it. As you said, it's not like they wouldn't sell them regardless if mining was hot or not. Don't like it, don't buy an Nvidia card. Just remember that miners are buying AMD cards as well, so you can't buy that either. Also, when Intel's Xe hits the market, they'll probaly buy that too.

Also, datacentre has passed gaming as Nvidia's biggest business section now as of last year. Should they cut that off as well because dedicating silicon to datacentre solutions takes up fab space that could be otherwise used to make more gaming GPUs? There is demand from multiple sectors. Nvidia can't stop someone from buying a gaming card and then mining with it. You're going to have to accept that this is simply the new reality, and there's nothing you, or I, or Nvidia, can really do about it.

Then you should have said that straight up instead of the lame heat excuse. What you really want is to make money mining, and you don’t really care about the heat - if heat were the primary motivation then folding at home or gimped hash rate wouldn’t matter.

Who cares if he wants to make money mining? There's nothing stopping you from mining either.

Currently ETH mining is the most profitable by a large margin. ETH was specifically designed so that ASICs could not be used like they are with bitcoin. The mining algorithm is 100% random, and needs a large pool of memory that increases with time. It recently past 4GB (Which is why the 4GB cards are cheaper on ebay right now). Currently mining is more memory bandwidth bound, than compute bound on most graphics cards. This is why the 5700 and 5700xt has the same hash rates.
The RDNA2 cards use a large cache system with a smaller memory bus to achive similar gaming performance as a wide memory bus. I’m assuming this was done mainly for cost savings. The cache does very little to speed up the hash rate of ETH because of the inherent design of the software to combat small cache sizes for mining. This in turn makes it hash around 60mh/s only slightly faster than the 5700’s 50mh/s. Even though the gaming performace is 2x as fast, ETH hash rates are memory limited.

I have no doubt cost savings was exactly the reason they did that. I'm quite sure that there have been zero board meetings at AMD where executives are like "OMG you guys, we're selling way too many cards to miners, we really need to do something to protect our 20% or so gaming market share!". Gimped mining performance was a consequence of that decision, but I'm sure AMD's marketing team will be happy to tell you they did that to do gamers a solid, 80% of whom are Nvidia customers and are totally pissed off at them for selling cards to miners.

Interesting.

GPU production is constrained by the availability of high end substrates.

Making a Mining ASIC instead of a GPU makes it look like you're doing product segmentation to "save" the gaming GPU market, but it's obfuscating the fact that you're still diverting your very limited production capacity to fulfill the mining market.

I have no doubt cost savings was exactly the reason they did that. I'm quite sure that there have been zero board meetings at AMD where executives are like "OMG you guys, we're selling way too many cards to miners, we really need to do something to protect our 20% or so gaming market share!". Gimped mining performance was a consequence of that decision, but I'm sure AMD's marketing team will be happy to tell you they did that to do gamers a solid, 80% of whom are Nvidia customers and are totally pissed off at them for selling cards to miners.
That would be indeed strange, but if Sony/Microsoft was forking R&D, fear that console would be used to mine could have existed (I am going with a giant if here), unlike video card console bought for mining would matter I could imagine has all the money come from people using the product normally and not from the sales.

Honestly, as someone who thinks bitcoin is fucking stupid and wishes it would go away, this deeply pisses me off. Computer vendors should never make value judgements about the commands that users give to hardware. It crosses a really disturbing line.

I like PCs because it's MY hardware that I can do anything I want with. Stop trying to turn computers into a Nintendo 64. I don't want some locked down piece of shit where some vendor arbitrarily restricted what I can do with the chunk of crap I PAID FOR.

Personal computer. Personal. Mine. Not Nvidia's.

What really terrifies me is that this pathetic generation of lightweights--the same ones that bought fucking Oblivion horse armor and normalized turning video games into a casino industry--will tolerate bullshit like this until it becomes normalized and even expected.

They're slowly chipping away at my hobby. Don't piss me off.

Nvidia is 'not limiting the performance of GPUs already sold' when it cuts RTX 3060 hash rate

Nvidia may be limiting the cryptocurrency mining performance of the new RTX 3060, but it has confirmed to us that it is "not limiting the performance of GPUs already sold."...so, if you're the proud owner of a Vietnamese internet café, who has just invested in a bunch of Nvidia RTX 3080 cards, don't despair, you'll still be able to update your drivers and earn a whole lot of cash from mining...

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-not-limiting-gpus-already-sold/

This seems more likely than it being done by design. Also, this is specific to ETH and its current hash algo. I wonder if there are other things worth mining that either favor or are a lot closer to parity with AMD's RDNA2 cards; I'll have to look into Monero for instance, which is noteworthy for being able to be mined on one algo for GPU and another for CPU .

i think basically they are letting everyone know they are splitting the stock between gamers and miners. so that way ALL the cards don't go to miners and hopefully we won't see the price doubling we did the last mining boom for gaming cards. hell they're already doubled as it is.
Miners aren't stupid... that tends to be why they don't buy mining cards.

That is the problem. Nvidia will make a token number of these.... and miners will continue to buy cards they can resell. (even the people buying them in lots of 100)

This is a PR stunt. Don't be taken by it. Its intended to make gamers think Nvidia hates those dastardly miners.... who BUY cards in lots of 100. lol Its also intended to make skittish investors who see Nvidias ARM thing perhaps dying that Nvidia is all over the making of cash... and Crypto is where its at. I mean their money people are telling them to park in the Crypto pool.... good thing Nvidia is on that too. lol

The entire idea of "mining" GPUs is silly.... the real big mining companies are using ASICs, the medium size guys are buying cards in stupid large lots and selling them out of the Farm after they do their 6 months is built into the costs of acquisition. (no one that currently has a 100 card farm where they turn the cards over every 6 months for a new pool is going to go for cards that they can't resell) The hobbyists are even less likely to buy a mining card... as they are often just mining to pay for their stupid gaming card. Mining cards are a product with zero need. PR STUNT.

Interesting.

GPU production is constrained by the availability of high end substrates.

Making a Mining ASIC instead of a GPU makes it look like you're doing product segmentation to "save" the gaming GPU market, but it's obfuscating the fact that you're still diverting your very limited production capacity to fulfill the mining market.

Yeah, but guess who will pay more. Nvidia is a company, not a gamer's advocacy charity. I'm not saying any of this meaning I like it or am cool with it or whatever. Just think practically here people. A company wants to make money and will when offered to them. That's not wrong, its what the company is supposed to do. Does anyone here really think AMD would turn away money being offered to them for their products? If you think they would, then maybe that explains why AMD is where it is and Nvidia is where it is in terms of company health and profitability and size and spread.

Miners aren't stupid... that tends to be why they don't buy mining cards.

That is the problem. Nvidia will make a token number of these.... and miners will continue to buy cards they can resell. (even the people buying them in lots of 100)

This is a PR stunt. Don't be taken by it. Its intended to make gamers think Nvidia hates those dastardly miners.... who BUY cards in lots of 100. lol Its also intended to make skittish investors who see Nvidias ARM thing perhaps dying that Nvidia is all over the making of cash... and Crypto is where its at. I mean their money people are telling them to park in the Crypto pool.... good thing Nvidia is on that too. lol

The entire idea of "mining" GPUs is silly.... the real big mining companies are using ASICs, the medium size guys are buying cards in stupid large lots and selling them out of the Farm after they do their 6 months is built into the costs of acquisition. (no one that currently has a 100 card farm where they turn the cards over every 6 months for a new pool is going to go for cards that they can't resell) The hobbyists are even less likely to buy a mining card... as they are often just mining to pay for their stupid gaming card. Mining cards are a product with zero need. PR STUNT.
Something else that should be a factor here. ETH 2.0 is here, and staking will eventually take over mining. Lots of people are speculating when that will happen, but I’m sure nobody will want to be stuck with a bunch of useless mining cards when that happens. GPUs can be sold if mining stops being profitable, mining cards cannot.
ETH is more profitable than anything else by a LOT. Once it moves to staking the GPU market should cool down quite a bit.

That would be too risky. Opens Nvidia up to lawsuits about intentional product performance reduction in order to promote the purchase of another product.
That's ridiculous!

Its a piece of hardware designed specifically for 3D Acceleration NOT Cryptocurrency mining. Anything done on it such as Cryptocurrency mining is secondary and not intended for its original purpose & promotion.

That would be my defense and I would win.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous!

Its a graphics card designed for 3D Acceleration NOT Bitcoin mining.
Doesn’t matter. If they didn’t release the CMPs at the same time as halving the hash rate performance then it would be easier for Nvidia to defend.

But trying to defend an intentional, significant performance decrease for a product already on the market to steer those customers towards another product where they have to spend more money to get something they already had is going to be hard.

Doesn’t matter. If they didn’t release the CMPs at the same time as halving the hash rate performance then it would be easier for Nvidia to defend.

But trying to defend an intentional, significant performance decrease for a product already on the market to steer those customers towards another product where they have to spend more money to get something they already had is going to be hard.
Of course it matters, its not intended for cryptocurrency mining. Period. They can do whatever they want with the drivers, they own it.

Of course it matters, its not intended for cryptocurrency mining. Period. They can do whatever they want with the drivers, they own it.
Where does it say it’s not intended for cryptocurrency mining? It may not be its primary purpose but no where did the product description say it’s not supposed to be used for mining.

EDIT: Again, if they didn’t release the CMP at the same time then your defense would be easier to argue. But it looks very bad to intentionally nerf a product in people’s hands and then steer them to spend more money on a different product, to essentially get something they already had.

Where does it say it’s not intended for cryptocurrency mining? It may not be its primary purpose but no where did the product description say it’s not supposed to be used for mining.
Have you ever seen a 3D Accelerator offically marketed for cryptocurrency mining? I haven't.

That's ridiculous!

Its a piece of hardware designed for 3D Acceleration NOT Bitcoin mining. Anything done on it such as bitcoin mining is secondary and not intended for its original purpose & promotion.

That would be my defense and I would win.
It's not ridiculous at all.

The entire existence of CUDA would like to disagree with you about the sole purpose of GPUs being 3D acceleration. Nvidia has gone to great lengths to make that not true.

Like Eslink said crippling existing cards would be a legal nightmare. (I would use an analogy here but someone would just find a reason to nitpick it and ignore the main point.) Not to mention entirely infeasible given old drives and bios already exist in the wild.

And for Christ sake people no one is mining Bitcoin with GPUs. Some of you sound like old people complaining about the kids and their dang Facespace, Mybook, and Twater ruining the world.

Have you ever seen a 3D Accelerator offically marketed for cryptocurrency mining? I haven't.
I also haven’t seen it marketed as it could only be used as a 3D Accelerator either.

Cmon now...don't play games. You know that's all they are advertised for.
Just because they’re advertised for one thing doesn’t mean they don’t have uses for other things. Many people use them for machine learning as well.

Back