Nvidia Previewed Unreleased Graphics Card At "Secret" Meeting

Let me explain to you how graphs work. See the one bellow my post? Also to be fair there's a graph from Tech Report which shows the 980 Ti beating the crap out of Fury X, but the Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti that they used for testing is Aftermarket factory overclocked that's 9% faster than reference clock.

So it's safe to say that the 980 Ti and Fury X are trading blows, but not like it matters cause who the hell buys a $650 graphics card anyway? Crazy people, that's who. And the Asus Strix GTX 980 is $870 at Amazon which means those buying it are crazier. Also just look at how AMD's cards are dominating the low and mid range.

AMD-Perf1.png

fable-fps.gif

Same reason why some 750 Ti's are sold with 4GB of VRAM, cause there's a lot of idiots out there that think memory is that important. Truth is no game today needs more than 4GB of VRAM. Most games are fine with 2GB, hell most are fine with 1GB. The only time you go beyond 4GB of VRAM is 4k+FXAA in Shadow of Mordor and 4k with AA is pointless. A 970 at that point should perform Seppuku.

The 390's with 8GB is AMD's way of saying they don't like the price trend of the 290's so they threw a useless 4GB more memory to keep the price high. Personally I would buy a 290 based on reference design and flash the BIOS to a 290X and crank up the overclocks. Better deal than a 390. If I want to I can flash a 390X bios on a 290, but it doesn't make a difference. A 290 can be had for $250, and that's not even looking on Ebay.

People use GPUs for things other than videogames. Using 3D apps like Blender, the more vram you have the more complex the scene you can render using Cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Want Pascal, but Dual-GPU card seems to be winning.

That's an interesting proposition though, I want to upgrade, but not until something comes out that can give me fairly reliable 4k/60. Current stuff kind of scrapes that with a good following wind, sometimes, but a good Dual GPU card might persuade me to stop waiting.

Want Pascal, but Dual-GPU card seems to be winning.

That's an interesting proposition though, I want to upgrade, but not until something comes out that can give me fairly reliable 4k/60. Current stuff kind of scrapes that with a good following wind, sometimes, but a good Dual GPU card might persuade me to stop waiting.

Its also winning in electricity usage and TDP

Dual GPU Maxwell is the most likely even without "leaks". But, saying that, Pascal could be coming soon, TSMC is apparently ramping up 16nm production.

TSMC and Xilinx have been working on 16nm FinFETs for over two years. The most recent updates suggest that Xilinx will start shipping chips made from this process in the first half of 2016. I'd guess that an NVidia chip with this technology wouldn't come until mid-2016 at the earliest.

I'm thinking the 960ti ... they have a price gap between the 960 and 970 so I'm thinking it's that, plus AMD is coming out in October with the 380XT so Nvidia gotta compete with it.

What would that be exactly? I just bought a 4GB GTX 960, the ASUS STRIX model. So far I am damn happy with it and it hasn't given me any reason to feel like I am undergunned in the video card area. I'm gaming at 1080P and not planing on larger monitors any time soon and when I do make that switch, I expect it will be much cheaper to do then it has been for the last year or so.

380X is a full Tonga, should probably perform close to a stock 290.
It better be good we've been waiting a year for it!

What would that be exactly? I just bought a 4GB GTX 960, the ASUS STRIX model. So far I am damn happy with it and it hasn't given me any reason to feel like I am undergunned in the video card area. I'm gaming at 1080P and not planing on larger monitors any time soon and when I do make that switch, I expect it will be much cheaper to do then it has been for the last year or so.

380X is a full Tonga, should probably perform close to a stock 290.
It better be good we've been waiting a year for it!

I have seen a GTX 970 go as low as 257.00 shipped no tax...
Dont think a 960 4gb is a good future proof card unless you plan on staying at 1080p for pc gaming the next 2-3 years. 2560x1440 is where its at right now because 1080p is just so 2007-2013:D

I have seen a GTX 970 go as low as 257.00 shipped no tax...
Dont think a 960 4gb is a good future proof card unless you plan on staying at 1080p for pc gaming the next 2-3 years. 2560x1440 is where its at right now because 1080p is just so 2007-2013:D

Which is funny, because I've been gaming at 2304x1440 since at least 2002. LCD sucks. :( XD

Nobody buying enthusiast graphics cards, let alone more than one, care one inkling about 1080p. Most at this level are concerned about 1440p at >120fps, or are concerned about 4k.

The 960 is a turd of a card. There is a large gap in performance between it and the 970. A 960ti, selling for $250-260, and coming in about 10-15% under in performance to the 970 just makes sense.

The majority of end users do not overclock. That gap is hurting their sales.

Why is anyone still speculating about pointless 960Ti's when everyone and their mother knows its a Dual Maxwell card.

The problem with Anandtech's and TechReport's reviews are they used 980 Ti's with a stock overclock from the card maker. So if you bought a regular 980 Ti then those benchmarks don't represent you.

Vanilla 980 Ti's will hit those clocks with GPU Boost, anyway. Factory overclocks don't really mean shit these days.

Back