NVIDIA-Powered Cars Unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show

HardOCP News

[H] News
Celebrities, palm trees and beaches help make Los Angeles an iconic city. But what really makes it special is its love for cars. Every year, tens of thousands attend the Los Angeles Auto Show to get a glimpse of what they’ll be ogling on Sunset Boulevard in the coming year. Today, the show opens to the public (and runs through Nov. 27), but we managed to get a sneak preview to see the cars — and the technology trends — that are powered by NVIDIA.

In between the main halls of the Los Angeles Convention Center, you’ll find the Tesla Motors exhibit. Tesla’s Model S and Model X are on display, with the latter towing a polished Airstream trailer. A month ago, Tesla Motors announced that all its vehicles — Model S, Model X and the upcoming Model 3 — will be equipped with an on-board supercomputer and sensors that are capable of fully autonomous operation. This next-generation autopilot system is powered by the NVIDIA DRIVE PX 2 AI computing platform and will get smarter and more capable over time via software updates.

I went down on Saturday only to get pissed at the traffic and not enough time left to enjoy myself, so I didn't go in...

1.5hrs to drive 10 miles!!!

I went down on Saturday only to get pissed at the traffic and not enough time left to enjoy myself, so I didn't go in...

1.5hrs to drive 10 miles!!!

Sounds like downtown LA on any particular day :D

Also DRIVE PX 2 was rushed out the door in order for Nvidia to beat their competitor's chip to market, the EyeQ4 (sampling now, volume production 2018). It looks like it's massively better performance has already won-over Tesla.

I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to get the software right. But they're still behind on that front.

Based on NVIDIA's continuing growth into other markets, I think they're our realities Cyberdyne (just recently watched Terminator Genisys). Prepare for our NVIDIAN robotic overlords AKA SkyNet.

Back