nVidia or ATi?

I have been makin' my configuration lately and i have debated with friends about choosing 7600GT or 6800GT. well it was about even, and i decided for 7600GT altough it only had 8 pipelines more and speed difference was not so great(does it really matter, and what are pipelines for?) But now i'm asking you and myself, should i go to the ATi's x1600xt, since they are both on the same speed's (cc.) and 256MBs but the 7600GT has (i think) more pipelines.

What should i do? :confused: :confused:

Or should i go back on 6800gt? :confused:

Help! :(

Hardcore Student said:
I have been makin' my configuration lately and i have debated with friends about choosing 7600GT or 6800GT. well it was about even, and i decided for 7600GT altough it only had 8 pipelines more and speed difference was not so great(does it really matter, and what are pipelines for?) But now i'm asking you and myself, should i go to the ATi's x1600xt, since they are both on the same speed's (cc.) and 256MBs but the 7600GT has (i think) more pipelines.

What should i do? :confused: :confused:

Or should i go back on 6800gt? :confused:

Help! :(

You shouldn't have posted this in NVIDIA forum, but rather the generic Video Card forum.
Anyway, stay AWAY from X1600 cards. They are horrible. Go with the 7600 GT. It's an excellent card for the price. The only card from ATI that can compete with a 7600 GT in performance, is a X1650 XT, but it's more expensive.
However, if you have about $200, you could go with a 7900 GT. Read the 7900 GT round-up @ [H] to know what I'm talking about. Probably the best bang for your buck card right now.

For $200 you can pick up a X1950 Pro which is as fast or faster than the 7900GT in almost everything and has better IQ.

Back