Nvidia or Amd or nothing yet ...what a Dilemma

notsure

Limp Gawd
first i need to clarify this
i want a GPU that rocks 1920x1080 on monitor + TV.
ive overclocked GPU cards n the past , till i realized it shortens the lifespan seriously so
im not into that BS anymore .
Currently im running a 560ti from MSI that turned out to be a very reliable gem , but well
its has1-1/2 foot in the grave performance wise.
Long Story's conclusion : Should i go for a new card ? (max affordable are cards in the pricerange of an 670)
or should i wait ?
PS
i prefer reliability over raw power
Stable software over bonkers software

As always you inputs are welcome and appreciated
==NotSure++

What are your primary uses? Are you a gamer, HTPC (you mention TV hookup), do you run Linux? How bad has the performance of your current 560ti been getting? ATI's next gen is due end of this year I think and I've heard rumors that Nvidia's next gen won't be out 'til 2014. So, do you think you can wait that long?

If you're chomping at the bit for a new card though and with your stated price limit being a GTX 670, your best bets are either the 670 or the HD7950. You said you don't overclock but if you change your mind you can O/C the 7950 to better than the 670 and save a bit of money. If you're not gonna O/C I'd get the 670 and at Newegg with all the rebates and stuff you can a pretty good deal.

I still have my GTX 570. It's just sitting at stock speeds. There is no point in upgrading it as everything can be played maxed out at 1920x1080. You could scour for a used one of those for just over $100. It is equivalent to a 660 / 660ti if you'd prefer something new. I think anything more powerful than that would be money down the drain. A lot of people like the 7850 for the same sub $200 price. I personally don't like the stutter / min. fps issues AMD cards have.

I got an EVGA GTX 670 2GB and have been very happy with it. I game on a 1080P projector as well as a triple monitor nvsurround setup. At 1080p there's pretty much nothing out there that I can't max out. It can handle most games at 5760X1080 at high settings as well.

get a HD 7950 boost if you want best value for your money. clock for clock HD 7950 is 3 - 6% slower than HD 7970. even at stock speeds the HD 7950 boost would be close to 65 - 70% faster than GTX 560 Ti . With overclocking the HD 7950 at 1150 mhz would be more than 2x faster than your GTX 560 Ti.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7950_X2_Boost/31.html

the Sapphire HD 7950 boost for USD 300 is a good option
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-7950BST

Yeah i researched that too, but giving that theres a lot of talk bout Amd crap drivers
and bloated Hardware specs no one needs/vs overpriced Nvidia products with underwhelming performance ==in the end theres no clarity . Thanks for your input but id prefer to hear from Folks who had expirience with both of these products lines.
PS:
i stress once more id give up 10% performance for 10% more reliability

I still have my GTX 570. It's just sitting at stock speeds. There is no point in upgrading it as everything can be played maxed out at 1920x1080.

This is what's bothering me I guess. I mean, I love upgrading, and while the Titan sounds awesome, I'm just not sure it's worth purchasing (I'm not talking value here), mainly because there's just nothing out there right now which even pushes lesser cards.

What are your primary uses? Are you a gamer, HTPC (you mention TV hookup), do you run Linux? How bad has the performance of your current 560ti been getting? ATI's next gen is due end of this year I think and I've heard rumors that Nvidia's next gen won't be out 'til 2014. So, do you think you can wait that long?

If you're chomping at the bit for a new card though and with your stated price limit being a GTX 670, your best bets are either the 670 or the HD7950. You said you don't overclock but if you change your mind you can O/C the 7950 to better than the 670 and save a bit of money. If you're not gonna O/C I'd get the 670 and at Newegg with all the rebates and stuff you can a pretty good deal.

ima gamer 1st , but i also love HTPC aspect.I run Win7. The performance isnt all bad , its just with certain games the FPS is pretty much average or below with todays games .
Sometimes the fans get a bit noisy ...and i hate noise from my pc .
I got elephant hearing once something isnt dead silent within rig i get annoyed

OC goes hand in hand with more heat and precessing . More heat means more stress to material , ergo makes it deteriorate faster.
Before you ask i got no charts to prove it ...i just speak from my own expirience

OC goes hand in hand with more heat and precessing . More heat means more stress to material , ergo makes it deteriorate faster.
Before you ask i got no charts to prove it ...i just speak from my own expirience

While true this probably doesn't mean much for most people on these forums. Does it really matter if you're board rated for 10 years of life only lasts for 5?

Back