NVIDIA Looks to Gag Journalists with Multi-Year Blanket NDAs

JFC, I am now reminded again (sadly) why I don't like to post over there, just got asked if I was an idiot over all this (not by the site admins/owners BTW). All I said was that I was saddened/disappointed that the site signed the NDA. The fact they promptly did that meant there was little/no deep thinking on whether or not it was fishy, I would guess. Never called the site idiots or anything LOL. Guess they don't take kindly to people disagreeing with their (Borg) collective thinking or something. :meh:
Nope, just like guru3d. They had an error in their 3.5gb 970 coverage that I pointed out and banned my 2002 account in record time, never correcting anything.

Is replying with a modified, signed NDA with the multi-year gag clause removed/modified an option?

Seems like Intel wanted a piece of that hot gagging action but chickened out.

Integrity or income?

Unfortunately, it's never that easy because it costs money to keep the lights on. The crap Intel has pulled now with sneaking in a no benchmark clause in what is effectively a security patch for something they screwed up in the first place also added to my frustration with these big corporations. I am following Kyle's advice, so I am voting with my valet. There will be no RTX 2080 Ti upgrade for me. I will hold on to what I have for another year or two and hopefully next time I can buy AMD. If AMD has a decent mid-tier solution, then that's good enough for me. I don't play any demanding games, so I'm good.

I don't think that Kyle and [H] should bear this burden alone. We as a community have to come together and show NVIDIA that they can't pull this crap. And the only way to do it is by not buying their product. I'm also looking at you enthusiasts who blindly pre-ordered a product that you don't know anything about. Cancel your pre-orders, no worriers, NVIDIA is not going to run out of them. Show this company that you care enough about their bad behavior by not buying their product, at least until they show some good will and take a few steps to change: lower the pricing to a reasonable level and reword that toxic NDA, just two things to start with. They are pushing it by abusing their fan base and loyal customers. More importantly, they are abusing their customer's trust. I'm not knocking down their new product, as I'm sure that it's a decent but power hungry performer that produces a lot of heat. That's not something that I want in my system no matter how good it is. But that's just me. So, vote with your wallet, even write to NVIDIA if you want to, do whatever you can and don't "Insist on NVIDIA" until we see some kind of change from this company.

And before you say that they can ask whatever they want for their GPUs, I will say this: as a company, you can't expect your customers to foot the R&D bill and make high-profit margins at the same time just because you decided to double your budget lately. The data is out there, you can google it. I know that as a customer I choose how to spend my money, and I like to make decent and objective financial decisions, so I won't spend it on NVIDIA products anymore. That's my choice.

U
And before you say that they can ask whatever they want for their GPUs, I will say this: as a company, you can't expect your customers to foot the R&D bill and make high-profit margins at the same time just because you decided to double your budget lately. The data is out there, you can google it. I know that as a customer I choose how to spend my money, and I like to make decent and objective financial decisions, so I won't spend it on NVIDIA products anymore. That's my choice.

I wonder how Apple managed to get people to part $ to buy the iPhone X, or MacBook. Just like a BMW, or Ferrari, or Hermes, if you can't/won't afford, then it is not for you.
Dont feel sore about how company price it. There will be people who appreciate or want it, or the business will just close down if there's no demand.

Back