NVIDIA Looking HOT to nVestors

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While many have questioned NVIDIA business moves over the last few years outside of it main consumer GPU realm, it seems as though some folks are making some big bets on NVIDIA in the coming months. Dorsey Wright & Associates purchased over $3.5M worth of NVIDIA stock in Q4. However they are not alone, as ClariVest Asset Management LLC purhased over $20.5M worth of stock.

A number of other institutional investors have also recently bought and sold shares of the company. ClariVest Asset Management LLC purchased a new position in NVIDIA during the fourth quarter worth approximately $20,651,000. Acadian Asset Management increased its position in shares of NVIDIA by 3,321.5% in the fourth quarter. Acadian Asset Management now owns 330,960 shares of the computer hardware maker’s stock worth $10,908,000 after buying an additional 321,287 shares during the last quarter.

The Motley Fool in particular is very much pimping nVidia as a hot buy, with the reasoning being that they thing their hardware will be used for the upcoming self-driving car revolution.

The Motley Fool in particular is very much pimping nVidia as a hot buy, with the reasoning being that they thing their hardware will be used for the upcoming self-driving car revolution.

Thanks for the insight, I was wondering what the current push was. Does NV have any current design wins in the bigger auto industry?

Current metrics I've read indicate at a low to mid 3 digit savings compared to other systems out there.

That is CRAZINESS. I had no idea that NVIDIA might enjoy a value proposition for once. Its solutions are hardly ever on the inexpensive end of the spectrum that I recall offhand.

Not just the upcoming self-driving but NV has been expanding their foothold in regular cars over the last few years with the help of several large manufacturers. BMW, Audi and Tesla now use NV chips for their nav/infotainment systems. Audi also offers a tablet for rear seat entertainment that is powered by Tegra.

At CES NV stated there were already 8M+ cars with NV chips and 25M more are expected to be built in the next year. Infotainment and Drive dev's kits are already in the hands of Toyota (Preferred Networks), Bentley, Aston Martin, Ford, Volvo, Honda, and Rolls-Royce further adding to the possibility to expand that number.

Then add in the self-driving cars from Audi, Mercedes, Tesla, and BMW that are expected in 2-4 years and the number could skyrocket.

Got to give credit to NV, they seized an opportunity to move Tegra into another market since mobile wasn't going so well. I am interested to see how Intel and Qualcomm handle NV's move into autos. Especially with NV taking a huge chunk of BMW from Intel.

Yeah, I'm bleeping kicking myself. I sold them off several months or a year ago after it was sitting around not doing much for a while....since then, stock is up ~35%. :(

Yeah, I'm bleeping kicking myself. I sold them off several months or a year ago after it was sitting around not doing much for a while....since then, stock is up ~35%. :(

All the way back to the pre-Fermi days Charlie D has been warning us that the company is going to implode and massive quarterly losses are just around the corner!

Bought Nvidia almost a year ago when I first heard they were getting heavy into self driving cars. Wished I had more!!

Back