NVIDIA LHR Cards Full Unlocked Mining Performance

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
Fully Unlocked by one of the biggest miners T-Rex miner, you just have to dual mine on the same card that has 8GB of memory or higher.

You can now DUAL mine ETH (~30%) and other coins (~70%) simultaneously with LHR cards using their full potential.

Available combinations along with memory requirements: ETH+ERGO (8GB+), ETH+RVN (8GB+ on linux, 10GB+ on win), ETH+CFX (10GB+)

WIKI - https://github.com/trexminer/T-Rex/wiki/LHR

Tips:

See "LHR-unlock" bat/sh files for configuration examples.

--lhr-tune is set to 30 by default, but can be set higher or lower depending on your needs / overclock settings.

For all dual mining combinations high memory overclock is recommended to reduce the chance of LHR lock.

Additionally for ERGO, since it's known to be LHR limited, find overclock settings that don't trigger LHR locks in single mode, and then use them for ETH+ERGO dual mode.

* (ethash) "standard" LHR unlock changes and improvements:

Automatically detect LHR cards even if --lhr-tune is not specified (except 3060 rev.1, for them you still need to manually set --lhr-tune)

New parameter --lhr-low-power reduces power consumption in LHR mode at a cost of a slightly lower hashrate (start from --lhr-tune 68)

Change scale of --lhr-tune from [1-8] to percentage of the GPU's full hashrate the miner tries to achieve. The old values in the [1-8] will be automatically converted to percentage, no change required.

Recommended starting LHR tune values: 71 in normal mode, 68 in low power consumption mode.

* (ethash) Allow dual ETH+ZIL mining without having to rely on proxying your ETH traffic through a ZIL-pool (see "ETH+ZIL-ezil" bat/sh file on how to start it)

Download

Linux: https://trex-miner.com/download/t-rex-0.24.0-linux.tar.gz

Windows: https://trex-miner.com/download/t-rex-0.24.0-win.zip

Github: https://github.com/trexminer/T-Rex/releases

Last edited:
Awesome, so now Nvidia will try to gimp more features out of our cards for future releases so their garbage mining-specific cards can have a purpose.

So it’s just mining Eth at the LHR rate then filling in the spare time with other newer coins that weren’t included in the hash blocking algorithm.
Pretty much, a lot of people are seeing 30% ETH and the rest ~70% on other coins.

Awesome, so now Nvidia will try to gimp more features out of our cards for future releases so their garbage mining-specific cards can have a purpose.
I would blame Nvidia for this and not the miners. On a side note, the GTX 1060 is still averaging 9% on Steam's Hardware Survey, followed by 1050 Ti, 1650, 2060, 1050, 1660 Ti, and etc. You'd be hard pressed to find a RTX 3000 series card being used by gamers on the survey. I'd be more worried that AMD and Nvidia have essentially priced themselves out of the mainstream market and people are still using 5 year old hardware in order to play games. It's nice to complain that Nvidia is preventing people from buying these cards to mine on them, when the overwhelming majority of gamers couldn't care what people do with $600+ graphic cards when they're still waiting for new mainstream $250 cards to come out. So either a lot of people are indeed buying these cards to mine or AMD and Nvidia are lying about how many cards they're producing.

I would blame Nvidia for this and not the miners. On a side note, the GTX 1060 is still averaging 9% on Steam's Hardware Survey, followed by 1050 Ti, 1650, 2060, 1050, 1660 Ti, and etc. You'd be hard pressed to find a RTX 3000 series card being used by gamers on the survey. I'd be more worried that AMD and Nvidia have essentially priced themselves out of the mainstream market and people are still using 5 year old hardware in order to play games. It's nice to complain that Nvidia is preventing people from buying these cards to mine on them, when the overwhelming majority of gamers couldn't care what people do with $600+ graphic cards when they're still waiting for new mainstream $250 cards to come out. So either a lot of people are indeed buying these cards to mine or AMD and Nvidia are lying about how many cards they're producing.
They cant lie to investors like that and not get sued into oblivion so they aren’t lying about how many produced. But they have no statistics on where they go after they deliver the chips to their AIB’s so…

Yeah I don't fault the miners. I never did it in any serious capacity, but I played around with mining years ago.

This is on Nvidia for artificially limiting the functionality of their cards. It's anti-consumer and does not sit well with me. I won't spend big money on their flagship cards again if they ever decide to bring the gimping to those models (3090, possible 3090ti, 4xxx series flagship card, etc...). I accept that they limit some of quadro-specific functionality, but the arbitrary limits on compute power outside of that are just BS.

So it’s just mining Eth at the LHR rate then filling in the spare time with other newer coins that weren’t included in the hash blocking algorithm.

The LHR rate is about half of what would be expected of an unlocked card. Currently, miners like NBMiner unlock about 70% of the rate instead of 50% that Nvidia tells you is acceptable. Mining at 30% is somewhat less than the LHR rate.

Honestly, this is only appealing when the ETH rate is high otherwise mining a full alt-algo is probably more profitable with a locked card. If you are only mining ETH with a LHR card, you probably will do better with this. And this only applies to locked 3080 and above (e.g. 3080s and 3080Tis). LOTS of locked cards this won't work with.

I'll probably watch the video and check it out.

. So either a lot of people are indeed buying these cards to mine or AMD and Nvidia are lying about how many cards they're producing.
Are AMD and Nvidia say how many cards are produced ? But obviously a lot of people are indeed buying cards to mine, that is not even in question. We would not have to play guessing game and extrapolating from division revenue that are bigger than just video card sales and sales estimate and looking at steam surveys if that was the case.

You'd be hard pressed to find a RTX 3000 series card being used by gamers on the survey
The very large amount of (3050 to 3090 with the TI non TI, etc...) edition hide the amount a little bit.

If I am not mistaken, 7.94% are RTX 3xxxx on the latest Steam hardware survey, steam last spring had 120 million actives users, if 70% of world gamers use steam (and if it is up now to 125m account) you need 14 millions card sold to gamers to reach that level (steam hardware survey seem to have a clear lag going has well).

Sales estimate look like this:

SgBDcLJqrxFHtunfGikHxf-970-80.png

Since ampere launch a full year ago you have what 35 millions DGPU, if 65% of them were ampere and 65% of the ampere sales were to gamers that would be 14.8 millions ampere card sold to gamers.

I think both how vast the CUE are for Amd-Nvidia in term of different model and how giant the steam users base became in the 2010s menially make us underestimate how much video cards are being sold (say relatively to PS5) a third one which I have no idea would be how giant the Asian market probably became and how less systematically on steam I can imagine people could be.

Last edited:
Did a test run on 3080ti and 3070ti; 3080ti still runs best mining only eth. 3070ti is doing its best doing ETH + ERGO.

Miners just keep getting greedier and greedier :(

I think it's funny that people think that Nvidia is still making LHR cards. People stuck with what was produced should still have workarounds, though.

At this rate I'll never have a GPU to play The Witcher 3 on. :(
I don't blame the miners either. They are literally printing money with their GPU's, so I can't fault them for that. I can blame Nvidia for not producing enough GPU's, and artificially limiting their ability to mine. I can also blame retailers who are taking advantage of the market like NewEgg and MicroCenter, when they increase the price even before scalpers get to them.

If AMD and Nvidia made a lot of GPU's then retailers wouldn't gouge consumers with high prices and scalping would be unprofitable. It's not in their best interest to over produce because it's clear they want to move away from $100-$300 GPU's and go straight to the moon in prices. They don't want miners to buy these cards because they now have special cards to mine on. When Bitcoin was booming back in 2014 and then busted I got a Radeon 7850 for $100. When it did it again in 2016, I was able to buy a Vega 56 for $200. That's why 9% of Steam users have GTX 1060's because Nvidia over produced just before Bitcoin came down, and a lot of used GTX cards went on sale as a result. Same for AMD with the RX 500 series as you're seeing growth still today for the RX 580 on Steam. It's now 2% which most AMD cards never even show up on Steam. You don't even see AMD's RX 6000 cards on there.

We just need more competition for the GPU market, which even with Intel I don't think it'll be enough. We need someone else to enter the market who is determined to compete, and Apple doesn't count.

I don't blame the miners either. They are literally printing money with their GPU's, so I can't fault them for that. I can blame Nvidia for not producing enough GPU's, and artificially limiting their ability to mine. I can also blame retailers who are taking advantage of the market like NewEgg and MicroCenter, when they increase the price even before scalpers get to them.

If AMD and Nvidia made a lot of GPU's then retailers wouldn't gouge consumers with high prices and scalping would be unprofitable. It's not in their best interest to over produce because it's clear they want to move away from $100-$300 GPU's and go straight to the moon in prices. They don't want miners to buy these cards because they now have special cards to mine on. When Bitcoin was booming back in 2014 and then busted I got a Radeon 7850 for $100. When it did it again in 2016, I was able to buy a Vega 56 for $200. That's why 9% of Steam users have GTX 1060's because Nvidia over produced just before Bitcoin came down, and a lot of used GTX cards went on sale as a result. Same for AMD with the RX 500 series as you're seeing growth still today for the RX 580 on Steam. It's now 2% which most AMD cards never even show up on Steam. You don't even see AMD's RX 6000 cards on there.

We just need more competition for the GPU market, which even with Intel I don't think it'll be enough. We need someone else to enter the market who is determined to compete, and Apple doesn't count.

Don't forget about the distributors within the chain. It's not necessarily the retailers who are doing the gauging. They are paying inflated prices as well at the distributor level. The whole chain is busted right now.

I think your only possible competitor that will join the market anytime soon will come from an unexpected source: Etherium is moving to Proof Stake in December!

This crazy change-up means for the first time, Multi-tasking Miners will be forced to choose between selling the GPUs to buy more ETH , or else letting it ride on far less profitable coin combos? We could see selloffs as massive as the Etherium crash in 2018!

I like how some folks are trying to stoke fear of an impending crash, news flash: this will be a slow and steady ebb and tide, no crash this time, guaranteed. Crypto is too big of a business to fail like previous cycles, and this includes shitcoin mining, forget BTC and ETH, the richest person in the world promotes effing DOGE and SHIB daily.#keephashing!

I think your only possible competitor that will join the market anytime soon will come from an unexpected source: Etherium is moving to Proof Stake in December!

This crazy change-up means for the first time, Multi-tasking Miners will be forced to choose between selling the GPUs to buy more ETH , or else letting it ride on far less profitable coin combos? We could see selloffs as massive as the Etherium crash in 2018!

Wasn't this supposed to happen a year ago?

I can also blame retailers who are taking advantage of the market like NewEgg and MicroCenter, when they increase the price even before scalpers get to them.
It's called the "invisible hand." If prices were lower, product would be even harder to get. Time = money. You have to balance scarce resources somehow. Anything else is Marxism.

Newegg has a Newegg shuffle. It's like a lottery to buy cards at ~MSRP or slightly above. Have been entering for awhile. Haven't gotten the chance to purchase anything, but it's cool that they even offer that. Probably people using bots with multiple emails getting the opportunities to buy. They are willing to devote more of their time than I am.

Costs are high, but you do have the opportunity to mine and recoup those costs. Personally bought a "cheap" card, which will A. start making me money in about 6 months B. help keep me warm during the winter and offset heating bill.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Wasn't this supposed to happen a year ago?

No, they started previewing it a year ago.

Announcement:

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cr...-with-ample-proof-of-stake-and-a-lot-to-prove

Deadline defined for end of the year back in April

https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurr...se-support-to-fast-track-upgrade-202104060401

You know , when you're not Microsoft, and suddenly release a broken husk of an OS to the world with only 3 months of betas, you tend to take the time required to get it right?

Oh honey. I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Edit: yes I'm just being an ass but I follow the Twitter accounts of some of the core devs, and a few days ago they were quoting Q2/Q3 of next year. And based on past patterns I wouldn't even put stock into it happening that soon.

Last edited:
Even with ETH moving to proof of stake, a lot of other coins have the potential to "step up" to be the next eth. You just need the crypto user base to move onto to something and latch on. The transition to alternatives will be even faster than bitcoin to eth for mining because a new amount of hashing power will transition and make it just as easy to use. There's already a handful of coins mining within 80% of eth now.

Edit: yes I'm just being an ass but I follow the Twitter accounts of some of the core devs, and a few days ago they were quoting Q2/Q3 of next year. And based on past patterns I wouldn't even put stock into it happening that soon.
Won't migrate, because the house of cards would collapse. Better coins with higher TPS than ETH is projected to do with POS.

At this rate I'll never have a GPU to play The Witcher 3 on. :(

You can go on Newegg and buy several cards right now that aren't extremely overpriced.

Back