NVIDIA launches TITAN Xp with 3840 CUDA cores

These GPUs are absolute monsters! Easily ~20 - 25% better than the 2016 Titan X Pascal.

Stop spouting delusional BS. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of reviews and the Titan Xp is about 7-8% faster than a Titan X or reference 1080 Ti FE.

tom clancy's ghost recon wildlands benchmarks Titan Xp SLI VS Titan X Pascal SLI

20170413073308_1-jpg.21788
20170331200647_1-jpg.21789

Doesn't seem worth the cost for a couple extra frames.

Of course something looks off in that test w/ CPU usage.

It's about the ballpark I expected from Xp from the specs. A little on the low side perhaps, but nothing unexpected.

For someone to already have a pair of Titan Xp's is pretty wicked. lol. Welp it was nice having a king of a GPU (1080 ti) for a week! lol

For someone to already have a pair of Titan Xp's is pretty wicked. lol. Welp it was nice having a king of a GPU (1080 ti) for a week! lol
Oced Titan Xp to oced AIB 1080 Ti would be around 5% performance difference as the AIB 1080 Ti can maintain slightly higher boosts. The AIB 1080 Ti will also do that while running cool and quiet.

Oced Titan Xp to oced AIB 1080 Ti would be around 5% performance difference as the AIB 1080 Ti can maintain slightly higher boosts. The AIB 1080 Ti will also do that while running cool and quiet.
Yes I am 100% loving my msi 1080 ti! Woooooo I am not too worried about the new card, I just wish I could claim to have the king of cards for more than a week! Damn technology! lol

Your statement is in the ballpark when stock cooling is considered, but not so much when aftermarket cooling is brought into the mix. Most folks in the high-end game are also on water. When browsing through the high scores within the 3DMark database, the Titan X (both Pascal variants) seem to consistently overclock better and pull in higher scores than the 1080Ti. I imagine a large percentage of the top end scores listed for just about every card there is not using a stock cooling solution either, regardless of card. The Titan X's all seem to have more headroom and hold higher OC's than the 1080Ti. Given that there are a fuck-ton more 1080Ti's out there than Titan X's, one would expect a small subset of "golden chip" 1080Ti's to have closed that gap, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The Titan XP holds a solid ~5% lead over the 1080Ti and as more Titan Xp scores begin trickling in and building up, I'd expect that lead to increase again given how the Titan Xp brings with it an extra set of CUDA cores. Are the Titan X's a "value"? Fuck no. But they do deliver more performance (5-10%) and the extra gig of VRAM... But to keep it all in perspective, all these cards perform within roughly 10% of each other, even when being pushed.

As to performance (from high to low):

Stock with no OC: Titan Xp > 1080Ti > Titan XP

Stock cooling with OC: Titan Xp > Titan XP | 1080Ti (With the latter two pretty much even)

Aftermarket cooling and OC'ed, it's more like Titan Xp (+10% over the 1080Ti), Titan XP (+5% over the 1080Ti), 1080Ti

When browsing through the high scores within the 3DMark database, the Titan X (both Pascal variants) seem to consistently overclock better and pull in higher scores than the 1080Ti.

Titan X and 1080 Ti are exactly the same core, so that makes no sense. There's no reason to bin 1080 Ti cores since Titan X is EOL'd. And personal experience, all of the early Titan X's that were put on water on youtube, as well as my own, couldn't even hold 2000MHz, whereas plenty of launch 1080 Ti's are doing 2100MHz+. 3DMark database is just a random sample that doesn't tell you anymore than any other random sample (like the aforementioned Youtube reviews). Without actual factory asic/binning data it's completely pointless speculation.

Stop spouting delusional BS. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of reviews and the Titan Xp is about 7-8% faster than a Titan X or reference 1080 Ti FE.

Really? Link to any of them? I haven't come across one yet that's anymore than a 3dMark run, which I have 0 interest in. Maybe my Google-Fu isn't what it used to be.

Really? Link to any of them? I haven't come across one yet that's anymore than a 3dMark run, which I have 0 interest in. Maybe my Google-Fu isn't what it used to be.
I haven't seen any proper reviews, yet. All of them are quick and dirty benchmark runs that don't mean anything.

Back