NVIDIA launches TITAN Xp with 3840 CUDA cores

Yet another reason to wait on Vega. I would be supremely pissed off if I had bought a Titan XP only to find out today that they have come out with a new Titan XP.

Yet another reason to wait on Vega. I would be supremely pissed off if I had bought a Titan XP only to find out today that they have come out with a new Titan XP.
People buying Titan XP more than 2 months after the first one came out had it coming, be it in form of 1080 Ti or Titan XP refresh (that everyone knew would happen after 1080 Ti that would happen too, come on).

I wonder if the die is the same size as the 1080ti. I imagine yes?

I've been enjoying my card for several months and now they release a card that might be 10% faster.........so what.

It would be different if it offered new features, but its the exact same card, only clocked higher and with more CUDA cores.

Many months later. So what?

I know how marketing works & I realize that they are in the business to make money. Its just kind of shady to me that they could have released this "new" card as the original Titan XP which they could have done but, do to the 1080ti plans, didn't. Now that Vega is releasing soon, Nvidia decides to release the "new" Titan Xp, which is the iteration of the card they should have released first.

Or at least set the silverware.....C'mon Give us something to gnaw on AMD......Nobody cares about the RX 5xx

Nope that's not true at all. Also, the going narrative is for AMD to not 'hype' their products, and any setting of silverware would be considered just that.

Ordered two. Will go nicely with the upcoming 4K @ 144 Hz displays!

There's a beautiful irony with this post :ROFLMAO:

This happened before with the Titan Black, so I am not that surprised. I guess they managed to improve manufacturing, and now have too many full cores that they have to dump some into the consumer market.

I think this will end up overclocking better than the previous one, though. I suspect the upgraded PCB from the 1080Ti will translate over, which will be very nice for overclocking, especially on water.

Good news though, if you bought a waterblock for the original, it's likely it'll still fit :p. That's real savings right there :LOL:

Last edited:
I could go on and on about it but it was far more than that, c'mon you know that.

I know it's not true at all. What they did was the complete opposite of hype, and yet here we are claiming that AMD hyped Ryzen. That just proves my point that no matter what AMD says about Vega, it will be considered as hype. I hope they just keep the lid completely sealed. Some people will buy a Titan X or Titan X or Titan Xp or the next Titan Xp, but many will buy Vega too.

I know it's not true at all. What they did was the complete opposite of hype, and yet here we are claiming that AMD hyped Ryzen. That just proves my point that no matter what AMD says about Vega, it will be considered as hype. I hope they just keep the lid completely sealed. Some people will buy a Titan X or Titan X or Titan Xp or the next Titan Xp, but many will buy Vega too.

Shit or get off the pot. That's where AMD is at the high end now. If they a great part then please, how about NOW?

nvidia is savage on prices that's for sure. really need to up the competition from amd to have more sane prices.

I beg to differ. Two way SLI with my 1080TI's has been kicking ass in every game I play for the most part so far. I couldn't be happier. Hardly dying tech.

The trend is clearly towards big single GPUs rather than multiple GPUs, not that SLI was ever a fully baked technology in the first place. 3-way and 4-way SLI has already died off. 2-way SLI will become even more niche as developers opt not to support driver-level SLI in DX12/Vulkan.

SLI or Crossfire will slowly fade off I think. I don't know what would be the point of getting two of these unless ofcourse you are only playing games that support sli. I am exited about Navi, it might actually be similar to moduled design as ryzen and taking advantage of infinity fabric and HBM2 and HBCC. It actually might be the first card that is bring scalability like MCM design for chips and whatever they mean by next gen memory.

I beg to differ. Two way SLI with my 1080TI's has been kicking ass in every game I play for the most part so far. I couldn't be happier. Hardly dying tech.
Oh so you managed to miss out on around 1/3 of triple AAA games that have zero support for multi gpu. Then you managed to skip most Indie games too as those rarely have good multi gpu support if at all. Then of the games that do support multi gpu, you somehow managed to miss out on all the flickering and other other issues that can occur. And that is not even getting into the games that launch with no support or it gets broken on random drivers or poor scaling. Yep things must be great in "every game you play" since you clearly are not playing many games...

I figured out what we can call this card to get rid of confusion..

There was Titan X, then Titan XP, and now Titan XP SP2.

Solved. :cool:

People wanted the 1080ti for about two years......
Now they release this card which wouldn't be bad but it has a reference cooler put it in a Phanteks Evolv case and you have a furnace.

This was Nvidia's plan since August 2016. They knew exactly what to do. They released a cut down Titan X because they were planning to release 1080Ti anyway, and after that a better version of Titan X. It's just a clever sales trick to earn them ever more money.

I still own the Maxwell Titan X since release, which is about 2 years ago, so I would say that you get the performance of the upcoming GTX 2080 with the Titan Xp, maybe the GTX 2080 will be 10% faster, so I think that $1200 is not too much for it. But the 1080ti is not much slower and with $500 less I will go with the 1080ti.
I can't blame nVidia, as long as AMD can't deliver, they will play the same game again and again with us.

I still own the Maxwell Titan X since release, which is about 2 years ago, so I would say that you get the performance of the upcoming GTX 2080 with the Titan Xp, maybe the GTX 2080 will be 10% faster, so I think that $1200 is not too much for it. But the 1080ti is not much slower and with $500 less I will go with the 1080ti.
I can't blame nVidia, as long as AMD can't deliver, they will play the same game again and again with us.

Yeah I'm thinking of just a 1080Ti myself and if I want 4k 60+fps get 2 x 1080Ti over the XP model. Its a cheaper way to go and performance will be almost as good as 2 x 1080Xp for a lot less. I just don't think there is a single GPU worth $1200 on the market today. That's just me though.

Given the variance in Pascal overclocking (1900-2200), you could foreseeably get a Titan Xp that only overclocks to around ~1925MHz, and a 1080 Ti that overclocks to ~2150MHz and end up running faster than the Titan Xp.

These GPUs are absolute monsters! Easily ~20 - 25% better than the 2016 Titan X Pascal.

And to those who say scaling beyond 2-Way is "not good"... see below:

Sniper Elite 4 @ 8K maxed out:

SoEN778.jpg

Crysis 3 @ 8K maxed out w/ Maldo "On the Fly Edition" (Extreme Preset):

93Uzhoq.jpg

Back