NVIDIA lauches the real Titan Xp

I always hated the XP moniker the community used. There are GTX Titan X, Titan X, and now Titan Xp. I find it hilariously sad that EVGA used "GTX Titan X" for their new hybrid cooler.

I feel bad for people who got pascal titans when they came out. I mean... this is basically their card nvidia just held it back.

But I mean how much faster is this really than the $1200 card I already own? It's annoying, though. Nvidia, you guys are cruel :(

Reactions: Savoy
like this
But I mean how much faster is this really than the $1200 card I already own? It's annoying, though. Nvidia, you guys are cruel :(
My guess is between 10-20% faster. I'm really tempted to get one and find out myself... :cautious:

Wow this is pretty low. The original titan pascal should have been this card. Pretty shitty to release a gimped titan only to upstage it with the same chip and same card being rereleased months later.
It's the 2nd time this has happened (Titan/Titan Black), I'm used to it :cry:

My guess is between 10-20% faster. I'm really tempted to get one and find out myself... :cautious:

If it's on the lower side of that estimate, no thanks. On the higher side, they might convince me to put my foot in my mouth YET AGAIN FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME

If it's on the lower side of that estimate, no thanks. On the higher side, they might convince me to put my foot in my mouth YET AGAIN FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME

If it's 20% faster, I'm definitely in for one. Though I'm not jumping the gun yet til I see the performance.

Yeah, going to wait for reviews on this one. Though my eyes and legs are already twitching...

Jen-Hsun: He, let's completely confuse the Titan market. Everyone already calls the current Titan X the Titan XP to differentiate it from the old Titan X...or the Titan XM. So we'll release the *actual* Titan Xp and fuck everything up!

well the old titan x should be phased out, if not already don't even think you can buy out as they have been out of stock for quite some time....

But seriously, branding and all is good but this is just bonkers, just confuses the sh*t out of consumers.

Why does Nvidia have to launch these sneak attacks on me?

At least give me some lead time with previews.

I feel like if you buy anything with the Titan branding, you should probably just expect this stuff at this point. Every single Titan has been upstaged within a few months by a cheaper card. In this case the new Titan X has now been upstaged twice in a month. Unfortunately, this latest card is what it should have been in the first place.

My 1080ti comes in today, shame I didn't get to claim I have the fastest card on the market for even one day lol. Granted, this "real" Titan XP looks to only be ~10% better than a 1080ti, so there's no way I'd spend double the money for it. I'm definitely not into the halo product thing, though.

I got burnt with 1080 and a massive depreciation of it last month, but now it seems nvidia decided to take care of Titan X owners. Definitely the higher you climb the performance ladder - the more you get burned.

I got burnt with 1080 and a massive depreciation of it last month, but now it seems nvidia decided to take care of Titan X owners. Definitely the higher you climb the performance ladder - the more you get burned.

The Ti line tends to be more immune to that stuff. It's part of the reason I started waiting for Ti products to drop before upgrading anything.

They can keep it. Its gonna run hot as a mofo with that reference cooler. Its either water or bust. What a waste of resources, they must have had some extra good chips to make this "Filler" sku much like the Titan black.

Glad I bought the 1080ti. I like to spend money, but this is just wasting money IMO.

So umm, we can expect used Titan X price drops? To what? 800ish?

The Ti line tends to be more immune to that stuff. It's part of the reason I started waiting for Ti products to drop before upgrading anything.
That's what I decided myself. Stop either at x70 card or wait for X80Ti from now on. Though I like the performance of my 1080 at 1440p, i surely would've not mind to have more performance for the same price i paid. I didn't own 700 series and went for 970 during Maxell era, so I didn't learn from the painful experience of 780 and 980 users then :D

Glad I picked up my 2nd Titan XP (is that what we call it now?) at $700 after the TI release..

Was about to be irritated, since I *just* bought the 1080 Ti two weeks ago... and then I realized there was no way in Hell I'd pay $1200 for a GPU anyway. So moot point for me.

Wow talking about slapping Titan X owners in the face...

Won't matter though. Those same owners will just buy the new one.

But this card....Wow I would love to see some benchmarks!

This...and the 1080Ti are why I stopped buying Titan cards. They are not worth it and Nvidia just craps on the buyers later on. I got burned on the first generation Titan...never again.

I for one am a proud owner of 2x First Edition TitanXP's.. I picked up the 2nd one after the 1080TI came out and people were selling them off, to pick up the TI's. I either could've of followed suit, or take the same amount as a TI and pick up a 2nd TitanXP. I may believe nvidia took a crap on us by not giving us the "full" card upon initial release, but I'm not regretting anything. Not going to sell these off and the two new ones. Sure it may be a 10% performance, or even more, but cmon really? I'd assume most people who have the TitanXP's now, or 2x of them, probably won't be upgrading to the new ones. But I could be wrong... I don't expect that MUCH of a difference to justify the price of making the change from the current edition to the new.

NVIDIA -- thinking so little of the competition that they aren't even bothering to come up with original names, like Titan Gold edition, Titan Platinum, etc. :D

Seriously, seems like this release is a way to tempt/preempt would-be buyers of AMD's Vega (should Vega actually end up being not only competitive, but even better than the GTX 1080 Ti).

And (of course) to get all the previous buyers of Titan XP to this "new" edition.

Is this titan another nVidia exclusive "cut out the middleman" edition?

Man, I'm so salty... I talked my self into accepting the 1080Ti it was pretty much inevitable that was going to happen. Before even buying the Titan XP I was like this probably is the 1080Ti, Nvidia has no reason to release anything better, but i still bought because I was feeling that VR and got a nice monitor with gsync. Then releasing a new Titan Xp I just feel so ripped off lol. Sold us the 1080Ti's because well they could and holding out on the Xp is just twisting the knife after the backstab with the 1080Ti.

Personally I am less salty about it being so expensive, more about it being an nVidia exclusive so I can't buy it without risking oversea shipping damage or a huge mark up from any third parties.

I couldn't buy any of the first Titan X without paying at least $1600 overall. I actually have less of a reason to buy this Xp than I did back then, I don't expect the Xp to have such a huge difference between it and 1080ti to warrant the price, at least the gap between Titan X and 1080 was much larger.

Glad that Nvidia is pushing the envelope instead of resting on their laurels.

I'm just curious to see how much faster it is compared to the previous Titan X and the 1080 Ti. But judging by the specs it probably will be around 5% faster, if that is, it would be very disappointing.

Man, I'm so salty... I talked my self into accepting the 1080Ti it was pretty much inevitable that was going to happen. Before even buying the Titan XP I was like this probably is the 1080Ti, Nvidia has no reason to release anything better, but i still bought because I was feeling that VR and got a nice monitor with gsync. Then releasing a new Titan Xp I just feel so ripped off lol. Sold us the 1080Ti's because well they could and holding out on the Xp is just twisting the knife after the backstab with the 1080Ti.

You know the speed difference is negligible and it costs twice as much? No one in their right mind would buy the Titan XP over a 1080ti.

You can't tell the difference between 62 and 65 Hz...

You know the speed difference is negligible and it costs twice as much? No one in their right mind would buy the Titan XP over a 1080ti.

You can't tell the difference between 62 and 65 Hz...

Unless your a Titan collector and want to sell the entire collection when you retire ;)

Back