Nvidia kills GTX285, GTX275, GTX260, abandons the mid and high end market

wow...

i read the last setences... YOU, YOU, YOU ... wow...are you guys husband and wife?

Check out my sig funnnnniest shiet ever most delusional blind devotion to a company haha. Its his mum we are talking here I tell ya.

Right, I reported the non-GAAP number and how does that have anything to do with the date?

Look...the only points that I was trying to make was that AMD does have cash (which they do at 2.5B) and that AMD's debt at 5.7B is misleading because of the spinning off of their foundry and the creation of Global Foundries. YOU were the one who brought up the ridiculous scenario of Nvidia's debt. YOU were the one who brought up the date. YOU were the one who brought up how breaking off of Global Foundries makes AMD stronger or not...

And I responded to each of those topics accordingly...
So you weren't posting anything to do with the conversation at hand and felt like having a discussion on a topic completely unrelated. Nice. Remind me never to both with your posts again.

Check out my sig funnnnniest shiet ever most delusional blind devotion to a company haha. Its his mum we are talking here I tell ya.

/sigh the funny part is the joke is on you as all anyone will read is nvidia doesn't have debt and AMD does.

wow...

i read the last setences... YOU, YOU, YOU ... wow...are you guys husband and wife?

LOL...

Nah, just pointing out all the "topic hopping" he was doing that he accused me of doing...
Is that how you argue with your significant other? :D

So you weren't posting anything to do with the conversation at hand and felt like having a discussion on a topic completely unrelated.

No, of course I was. But I was also responding to the other parts of your posts...
You brought up those topics and to some degree they are related (if they weren't then why would you bring them up in the first place?) ...
Looks like you're confused...

Nice. Remind me never to both with your posts again.

Fair enough.

Last edited:
soon well see the mighty $500 gtx295 for $80... just like what happened to the 8800... what else is new......

It's not do or die. Nvidia isn't going to die. They could operate at a loss for at least 4 years with ease. They have shit tons of cash and not debt. AMD is the one with shit tons of debt and no cash.

Nvidia is going to loose a lot of market share if they bring an uncompeteitive product to market is all.

So this is how this whole mess got started.

Four years? Maybe...but Nvidia can definitely survive the next year if Fermi turns into another g2xx vs rv870 battle thus forcing Nvidia to lose money because of huge die size.

Not only did Nvidia make a profit this past quarter (Q3 09), their profit was quite a bit above analyst expectations, which caused the stock to rise a bit. Additionally, their guidance for next quarter is an increase in profit over this quarter (2% rise IIRC). Their market cap is twice AMDs, and growing because they're actually earning money instead of losing it (AMD posted their 10th consecutive quarterly loss).

Just goes to show, the quality of the desktop cards being produced (no one can deny that both 48xx and 58xx were big successes) is no longer the end all and be all of how a 'graphics' company is doing at present.

Not only did Nvidia make a profit this past quarter (Q3 09), their profit was quite a bit above analyst expectations, which caused the stock to rise a bit. Additionally, their guidance for next quarter is an increase in profit over this quarter (2% rise IIRC). Their market cap is twice AMDs, and growing because they're actually earning money instead of losing it (AMD posted their 10th consecutive quarterly loss).

Just goes to show, the quality of the desktop cards being produced (no one can deny that both 48xx and 58xx were big successes) is no longer the end all and be all of how a 'graphics' company is doing at present.

Cuz AMD only makes GPUs right?

Also, what the heck does this have to do with the original thread enough to bump it from the dead.

Back