Nvidia Job Posting Reveals 1080 Ti, Premium “Club GeForce Elite” Subscription

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A recent job posting alludes to some kind of premium subscription service offering goodies such as free games and exclusive in-game items. Would you pay $10 for this?

At the end of the job posting is the really juicy stuff—a description of a previously unannounced “Club GeForce Elite” subscription “as the [loyalty] program develops,” which sounds like it may be an expansion of the $8 per month GeForce Now. Club GeForce Elite would cost $10 per month. In exchange, subscribers would receive several benefits: A rotating bundle of four free games from the GFE app store per quarter (along the lines of Xbox Live Games with Gold freebies), exclusive in-game items and GeForce gear, and a tantalizingly mysterious “Free GeForce PC in the cloud subscription.”

Club a Geforce, get a free skin? Is it as soft and supple as a Radeon skin?

.... So we have xbox subscriptions, Playstation subscriptions, Netflix subscriptions, Microsoft Office subscriptions, and now nvidia wants a geforce subscription?

Not me, all these 5$/10$ a month subscriptions add up too quickly. I would rather pay a single price for the game / item / product instead of a smaller amount but every month.

d6223aed42e84357d29c3fd8ef0d2526e0527f70a59889e181e1604750ed5bba.jpg

all these 5$/10$ a month subscriptions add up too quickly.
That's what I was trying to convey to the youtube channels turning into "on-demand" services.
But so far not enough people have wised up about the situation.

If it didn't get me some kind of credit/coupon based on my contributed subscrption fees for a retail Nvidia product, no.

Like say after 12 months I've accumulated $120 in subs, I can get that (or even half that) as a coupon code for Newegg or something for an Nvidia product, like a video card.

.... So we have xbox subscriptions, Playstation subscriptions, Netflix subscriptions, Microsoft Office subscriptions, and now nvidia wants a geforce subscription?

Not me, all these 5$/10$ a month subscriptions add up too quickly. I would rather pay a single price for the game / item / product instead of a smaller amount but every month.

Origin has a sub also and you watch Steam will follow suit as well sooner or later, fuck all that nickle and diming bullshit i'll pass.

If they make some app store for the Shield, go ahead and charge $10 a month for some premium service on that. Don't really care. Expand it to PC and more than likely, majority of us also wouldn't care and wouldn't buy into it. I seriously do wonder how many people buy into these gaming services, like those on console or even PCs.

I might understand if you were a massive gamer and was churning through majority of games that release each month/year/etc and never bothered to replay them. Instead, moved onto the next game release. That would make sense and would be the cheaper solution. I'm simply not that kind of person. I usually only buy 3-4 games a year and play them over and over again. I wait for sales and I prefer to own my game. I already hate paying for my PS Plus account and I stopped paying for XBL Gold like 5 years ago.

The subscription services are getting overcrowded, there's only so much room that the average citizen's monthly pockey money can handle.

At $120/year for 4 games/year and a handful of skins and or in-game cash? This seems like a horrible deal and I hope you actually like those 4 games they assign you.

Back