Nvidia is Publishing a Book on Raytracing

In my mind, anyone that pays for a $1300+ GPU shouldn't have to settle for any "low" setting.

Again, just my personal opinion.

Let me part with some wisdom that once an old man laid on me:

"Just because you paid $1300 for your $699 GPU, doesn't mean that it was worth that much."

and...

"Stupid is not who asks for an unreasonable price, stupid is who pays it!"

and...

"Value is between the eye of the beholder, the item he covets, his credit card, and his squeeze..."

In my mind, anyone that pays for a $1300+ GPU shouldn't have to settle for any "low" setting.

Again, just my personal opinion.

“Low” is just a word. They should have named the settings with “high” and went up from there.

At the end of the day it looks vastly better, it’s just implemented in the wrong genre.

I am not saying factor RT into your purchasing decision. I didn’t. But the power is there... just the adoption into proper games isn’t yet.

Last edited:
Unless Nvidia realizes that their current pricing is out of touch with reality and the mass market they can start adopting the idea of becoming "book publishers" in order to increase their income...

Get off your high horse nVidia - you never were and never will be a Lifestyle Luxury goods producer - your clients are "geeks"....period!

NV should of made an agnostic addin card that would just work with all vendors gpu's do this for a year + and on top of that have their integrated solution this would helped adoption and really nv is a chip vendor it would be another chip sold. however they decided all or nothing and have been left out in the cold dark ray-less abyss

How about publishing some games that use Raytracing before releasing the congratulatory book? Would love to stretch my 2080ti's legs but there is no way I'm touching the dumpster fire that is Battle Field.

the book is to help people make games... you don't expect graphics geeks to design games do you?

Early reviewers will get a copy of the book after joining the Nvidia Book Club! You may not publish negative reviews of the book, because that wouldn't be nice.

Does this strike anyone else as being a wee bit self-indulgent?

Perhaps even, dare I say, masturbatory?

Well there's a subject I'm an expert at. I might not be able to write a book about Ray Tracing, but I could definitely do volumes on this topic, at hand :cool:

Well there's a subject I'm an expert at. I might not be able to write a book about Ray Tracing, but I could definitely do volumes on this topic, at hand :cool:

I know, I know. The sad thing is that I will probably read this book and watch as the rays of hardware processed light go clean over my head.

Not reading the book. Waiting for the movie video game edition with spectacularly shiny words rendered at an eye-watering 5 wpm.

Back