NVIDIA Help Hombres Hit Homerun with HardOCP

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We have have done an awful lot of reporting about NVIDIA and its dying RTX cards lately, but there will be no complaining about this. We reached out to NVIDIA online chat support yesterday afternoon, and let them know that our RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition card had bit the dust. Support explained to me that the RMA department would follow up in 24 hours. Here we are less than 24 hours later and we just got a message from NVIDIA RMA.

NVIDIA has shipped a replacement card that will be here via FedEx in the morning before 10:30am. We also got verification of the shipment through FedEx as well. NVIDIA RMA also supplied a return label for our failed card, and we have 15 days to return it. Now that is what we call support for a $1200 video card. Did your RMA go as well?

Isn't 15 days a bit quick (Could be the norm in the US I don't know) ? I guess they don't want you to have the defective card in your hands for too long...

Thats nice, but i only say that as most companies do really bad in the RMA & customer care aspects.
It should not really be applauded, cuz doing the right thing should be the norm.

I really hate in traffic when i do what i am supposed to do, and people then light up and get all happy about it and applaud / thumbs up, those people should ignore me and viciously attack all the other people in traffic that don't do the right thing and so endanger a lot of people.
I also some times stick my head out the window and tell that to people.

Well, you have to give it to them for trying to get out in front of this situation. I bet someone up high is looking for a job now...

That's nice, but those of us who went with AIB cards aren't getting this treatment. I spent $43 shipping my ZOTAC back to their RMA dept; nVidia customer support told me I was SOL. Now I get to hope my replacement isn't also a faulty piece of shit.

It will be interesting to see how the replacement differs. Have you been able to get detailed shots of the failed board, maybe even of its GPU?

Please let us know if you get the refurbished treatment, also valid for others, I want to know if the refurb kool-aid for a brand new card is already the norm...

Hey, someone who has no problems is great, but someone who owns up to their problems and gives their best to fix them is worth more.

For those who might be interested, I just posted an update to the other thread. Seems the bottom fell out of their stock after hours today:

NVIDIA on the Cause of RTX 2080 Series Card Failures

Would love to be the fly on the turkey at that Thanksgiving dinner table listening to AMD's CEO Lisa Su and her uncle Jensen Huang of NVDA discussing the state of things.

Last edited:
Would love to be the fly on the turkey at that Thanksgiving dinner table listening to AMD's CEO Lisa Su and her uncle Jensen Huang of NVDA discussing the state of things.

What?! They're related?

Isn't 15 days a bit quick (Could be the norm in the US I don't know) ? I guess they don't want you to have the defective card in your hands for too long...

Two weeks should be more than enough to place it in the same packaging they sent and slap that return label on it.

I had to fight for my Nivida Shield Tablet back in the day, after about a month it quit charging. They didn't believe me...anyway they finally caved about about 2 weeks later. My 4 year old tablet is still working and charging just fine.

I have never purchased a video card from NVIDIA directly until now. This is good to see. It gives me some comfort in knowing that they are taking care of the issue with out hassle and more importantly with speed.

On a side note and not to be dismissed is the fact that [H]ardocp is representing us the consumer by purchasing their own cards and reporting the experience like the rest of the consumer market would. It sucks that 1 of the cards shit the bed early, but in all honesty I am glad it did just so we can actually see how it was handled from a Trusted Source!

Good Work Kyle and Good Work NVIDIA

My guess is that not everyone receives this level of service...if you happen to own and run one of the most popular tech sites, however...

At least we now know why they've been charging sky high prices for the cards. They needed the extra money to pay for shipping on all the RMAs, especially the overnight shipping charges.

2mozm6.jpg

I'm glad to see this, but I'm also guessing random average customers probably can't expect this kind of treatment. :p

We need an undercover sting :p

I'm glad to see this, but I'm also guessing random average customers probably can't expect this kind of treatment. :p

We need an undercover sting :p
I bought my card on a personal email, nothing HardOCP related, but certainly we are going to want to know the experience that others had...in detail. Funny what you are saying though. I have been treated a lot worse than most NVIDIA customers. Has NVIDIA put a hit out on you this year?

Back