Nvidia GTX 970 lawsuit claim deadline is tomorrow

polonyc2

Fully [H]
If you live in the United States, purchased an Nvidia GTX 970, and are interested in getting the $30 class action refund, the deadline for claims is tomorrow (Nov 30th). In order to submit a claim, you should head to the page linked at the bottom of this post and follow the outlined steps

Have proof of purchase or some other identifying factor. In terms of what’s acceptable, the site says: “you may submit a Product Identification Number, which is the serial number, device identification number, part number, or other letters and/or digits embedded on the box, back, or bottom of each GPU that comprises its unique identification number, or that can be located by checking the settings for the GPU via software.”

The lawsuit settlement means US owners of Nvidia GTX 970 cards can claim a $30 refund per card. This applies to all 970 cards bought between September 1st 2014 and August 24th 2016, from all third-party manufacturers...

https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Landing.aspx

Just made a claim, for 32 of the 970s that I bought over the past 2 years, a couple days ago. Took me like 2 hours to do it because had to scan 32 receipts that I kept over the past 2 years. Hopefully this gets approved. Could use $960 :D

Everyone get on it!

I emailed my info several months ago and haven't heard anything back....
should I have heard back from them by now ?>??

I got an email with a claim number in it, I just filled out the form with that number - it knew my name and all that already.

Thanks for the reminder - I thought the time had passed and I forgot. Submitted my 2 for the claim.

i filed my claim a long time ago. The settlement has been approved by the court on dec 7th. I would guess we would see the checks in mid-January but it could be sooner or later depending on how fast or slow the claims admin is.

Copied from the claims website

The Settlement, including payment of any Cash Payment, is subject to final Court approval. If the Court approves the Settlement, KCC, the Court-appointed Settlement Administrator will then advise NVIDIA of the amount of cash needed to satisfy all valid and timely claims. NVIDIA will then deposit such amounts with KCC within 14 days of the notification from KCC of the amounts to be paid. KCC will then pay out all valid and timely claims within 30 days of receiving such amounts from NVIDIA, subject to the Settlement becoming Effective, as fully defined in the Settlement Agreement.

So it is a maximum of 44 days from the time the claims admin tells nvidia the amount needed till the checks are mailed out. I would imagine Nvidia was told the amount needed to settle the claims at dec. 7th settlement approval hearing (but since I didn't read the final approval documents online i can't be totally sure). Hope it helps

Maybe this suit had some influence on the $100 "founders edition tax" and pricing?

I think they settled this case well after the 1080 gtx was unveiled. So I'd say no.

Just made a claim, for 32 of the 970s that I bought over the past 2 years, a couple days ago. Took me like 2 hours to do it because had to scan 32 receipts that I kept over the past 2 years. Hopefully this gets approved. Could use $960 :D

Everyone get on it!
holy crap! lol, good luck.

Back