NVIDIA GTX 1170 Faster Than 1080 Ti

erek

[H]F Junkie
https://wccftech.com/rumor-nvidia-turing-gtx-1170-benchmark-leaked-faster-than-1080-ti/

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1170-3DMark-Firestrike-leaked-benchmark.png

as expected, similar jump in performance was achieved with maxwell and pascal..

Reactions: erek
like this
They, themselves say that the benchmark is likely fake.... I'm not saying the performance couldn't be 1080ti class, but I'll wait till something more substantial comes out.

I just need 1080Ti performance under $400. Whether it's the original card after the used price drop or the 1170, whichever is the fastest of the two.

like this
hm still dont need more power then 1080ti for 1440p but hopefully get a 1180ti anyway :)

Kind of hoping for a bigger jump than that. We need something that can drive 4k @ 120hz+.

like this
That could be great, as the generation after that somewhere in 2020 could make 4k high-refresh gaming more affordable. For now I have no incentive to upgrade, but by 2020 it could be a nice time with new cpu architectures from amd and intel and new gpus as well. Maybe Intel will release some gpu by that time as well. Smells fake though.

like this
Definitely fake, Titan V only has at most a 30% lead on the 1080ti. No way a 1170 is faster.

like this
Definitely fake, Titan V only has at most a 30% lead on the 1080ti. No way a 1170 is faster.

Titan V have a helluva of features that AREN'T NEEDED for gaming and gamers, as tensor cores in example.. remove a shit ton of that IA, Compute, scientific oriented features and you get a card that you can improve on what matter gaming optimizations to make every shader more efficient in gaming and increase clock speed. then yes, you can have a 1170 that can perform at 1080ti levels.

Remember that Titan V is not a gaming card, is a compute oriented card with the ability to game, it doesn't even have proper gaming drivers, you add drivers and gaming optimizations to the Titan V and that 30% - 40% versus 1080Ti will be way higher... also remember that Nvidia want us to upgrade our GPUS, they need to keep the market flowing and moving, and to achieve that they need yes or yes offer us a reason to upgrade in every price and performance bracket... what would be a point to launch a 1180 that will perform as current Titan xP/1080Ti?. buuuh no reason to upgrade, offer 20% - 30% jump and a lot of us will be spending happily a lot of money.

Of course, if the leaks are to be believed the 1170 will cost as much or more than a currently available 1080Ti.

Titan V have a helluva of features that AREN'T NEEDED for gaming and gamers, as tensor cores in example.. remove a shit ton of that IA, Compute, scientific oriented features and you get a card that you can improve on what matter gaming optimizations to make every shader more efficient in gaming and increase clock speed. then yes, you can have a 1170 that can perform at 1080ti levels.

Remember that Titan V is not a gaming card, is a compute oriented card with the ability to game, it doesn't even have proper gaming drivers, you add drivers and gaming optimizations to the Titan V and that 30% - 40% versus 1080Ti will be way higher... also remember that Nvidia want us to upgrade our GPUS, they need to keep the market flowing and moving, and to achieve that they need yes or yes offer us a reason to upgrade in every price and performance bracket... what would be a point to launch a 1180 that will perform as current Titan xP/1080Ti?. buuuh no reason to upgrade, offer 20% - 30% jump and a lot of us will be spending happily a lot of money.

The addition of tensor cores does not affect how much FPS Titan V puts out. However i do agree that Titan V launched with mediocre gaming drivers and that its purpose was for deep learning. But if the next gen graphics card are derived from GV100 then the architecture of these next gen Geforce GPUs will be the same as Titan V therefore mimicking its performance... I dare say that the next 1180 Ti or whatever its gonna be called will have the same amount of cuda cores as GV100. If i were a betting man the next gen 1180 will perform just as fast as a 1080ti therefore replacing this gen's 1080. However we will have to wait for 1180 Ti to replace our 1080 Ti's...

Im gonna call it that 1180 will be just as fast or at most 10% faster than a 1080 Ti.

Definitely gonna wait till the next Ti flagship will get released before making a purchase.

So is this the new high end consumer gaming card? This is a good way to get rid of the current glut or stock of cards. Just bump it up enough so you won't ditch current gen.

Last edited:
It seems that for the past several generations Nvidia has been following this formula:

780 ti = 970
980 ti = 1070

soooooo

1080 ti = 1170 ??

The common thought is that this is a fake.

No new cards incoming until 2019.

Nvidia will sell through the glut of chips through Christmas / New Years and probably announce something Q3 2019.

x70 cards have usually matched or slightly beat the top end of the previous gen so... this is pretty much in line with what is expected.

The addition of tensor cores does not affect how much FPS Titan V puts out. However i do agree that Titan V launched with mediocre gaming drivers and that its purpose was for deep learning. But if the next gen graphics card are derived from GV100 then the architecture of these next gen Geforce GPUs will be the same as Titan V therefore mimicking its performance... I dare say that the next 1180 Ti or whatever its gonna be called will have the same amount of cuda cores as GV100. If i were a betting man the next gen 1180 will perform just as fast as a 1080ti therefore replacing this gen's 1080. However we will have to wait for 1180 Ti to replace our 1080 Ti's...

Im gonna call it that 1180 will be just as fast or at most 10% faster than a 1080 Ti.

Definitely gonna wait till the next Ti flagship will get released before making a purchase.
Try to PM me.

I might get the Ti of the new flagship version, unless I can get a smoking deal on a 1080 Ti. I want 4K 60FPS minimum on maxed out settings in all games.

I just need 1080Ti performance under $400. Whether it's the original card after the used price drop or the 1170, whichever is the fastest of the two.
Keep a close eye on craigslist. Once the new 1170s drop, you will most likely be able to pick up a used 1080Ti for under $400.

Back