NVIDIA GTC Taiwan Keynote - 2018

well looks like if the cards come they will come late in the year.

Well for those who want new cards. May be computex? I hope they announce them then.

Well last time they announce Pascal was during Dreamhack in Austin. There is a Dreamhack event coming up in June 1-3, one can hope there will be an announcement there.

I think Navi will put AMD on the right path. There is no point in releasing a card that will get knocked on out of the gate. Notice how RTG has gone quiet since Lisa took over? Seems like all work no talk, get the product done and then open your mouth type of deal. If Raja was still incharge I am sure he would still by hyping things. For once I like the silence from RTG. Looks like lisa got em working lol.
RTG is quiet because they have nothing for desktop until H2 2019 or even 2020, their focus is pro segment and that's something to be expected from lisa, even though she says the contrary, I always felt that she hated desktop market.

If AMD can produce a power house GPU card, nvidia would see sales drop very quickly. NVIDIA having no competition has corrupted them. Its a sad situation for the gaming community. Its sad most of us use Nvidia cards because we want good performance

RTG is quiet because they have nothing for desktop until H2 2019 or even 2020, their focus is pro segment and that's something to be expected from lisa, even though she says the contrary, I always felt that she hated desktop market.

Dude culture has changed. Your statement is all smoke. When you start saying things like Lisa hates desktop market. Non sense lol. Rtg used to be loud mouth regardless of what the had or not. It’s a fact.

keep-calm-and-get-back-on-topic.png

Harrrrrggghhh.... this is coming from a team Green fan.

So, if you are a non-gamer, then the Intel-integrated graphics are good enough for you for most applications, including video playback. No comment on the Intel chips with AMD graphics, although I do see the point of those. It would be interesting to see those chips in the next generation of XBox.

The biggest problem that I have is with the adaptive sync technology. Having owned a G-Sync monitor for the past year, I absolutely love it. Turn off the V-Sync, turn buffering to a minimum, enjoy rock-steady graphics. I love it. The problem is the implementation. As far as I know, the big difference in implementation is that nVidia's proprietary G-Sync solution has an add-on board in the monitor to handle adaptive sync, while AMD's Freesync is a open standard with the adaptive sync technology is part of the graphics card, and monitor manufacturers can add it easily. You can see the end result by just going to Newegg. There are over 900 Freesync monitors listed, but only about 290 G-Sync monitors. Even when you strip out the duplicates (e.g. refurbished versions of the same monitor), that's still an impressive lead. And, the choice of monitor locks you in to a particular brand of graphics card.

I see nVidia adopting Freesync about as likely as Kyle Bennett receiving a party thrown in his honor by nVidia's top management.

Say what you want about nvidia, but they have the most advanced technology that AMD just can't match. I don't think intel will be able to make a dent on nvidia's AI, Supercomputing, self driving markets, etc.

Its not just the hardware, but all the middleware. The software stack. AMD has NONE of that. Even if AMD manages to build faster hardware, they just can't compete on the software side.

IMO, Intel has a better chance on the software side of things and may compete better even if it doesn't have as much GPU power.

Well AMD needs to significantly update their arch. It's decent, it's just not as good. Business practices and GPP aside, I think nvidia's product direction has been right on.

So I missed the presentation. Was any part of it that because AMD is offering no competition to Nvidia in higher end GPU space the price of all 70 series and higher gpus for each generation going forward is now double what it otherwise would have been? Alternatively, will people now need to pay Nvidia a monthly subscription fee for the bios on the card or the drivers not to lock out half cores and throttle the gpu's speed?

I didn't watch the whole thing when it kept dragging on.. No new GPU announcement I take it?

Can’t wait (gonna watch it tomorrow) to see wannabe Captain Kirk living dangerously and being all edgy, risky and unpredictable on stage

Meanwhile, nVidia have got new cards out soon, so now they can stop faking the “miners” buying all the GPUs bullshit, and return prices to normal so they can clear inventory of all those stockpiles of GPUs.

Expect the “new” cards to be priced higher than the last, then be instantly unavailable because “miners”, and prices to go back through the roof... Yawn.

I hear no new cards yet. Well don’t worry, nVidia have only lowered the prices and got more inventory out there only a short time ago. Give it another month or so...

Last edited:
Seen this song and dance right before Pascal came out. Only difference then was I hadn't heard of GPP yet. Will they, won't they, what will they?!?

I do remember getting really excited about 1080's and with a little luck I was able to order a pair back in Sept. 2016. I seem to remember getting my 1080TI either around the holidays or early spring 2017. In either case I'm expecting similar release schedules and if the mythical 1180 shows, probably late winter/early spring 2019 for the AIB's. If NV doesn't piss me off totally I'll likely order a OC Strix. Serious it's been the best card I've ever had.

Seen this song and dance right before Pascal came out. Only difference then was I hadn't heard of GPP yet. Will they, won't they, what will they?!?

I do remember getting really excited about 1080's and with a little luck I was able to order a pair back in Sept. 2016. I seem to remember getting my 1080TI either around the holidays or early spring 2017. In either case I'm expecting similar release schedules and if the mythical 1180 shows, probably late winter/early spring 2019 for the AIB's. If NV doesn't piss me off totally I'll likely order a OC Strix. Serious it's been the best card I've ever had.

As much as I also have been disliking Nvidia's corporate behavior they are the only game in town for higher end cards. So when I finally decide to upgrade its probably going to be to an 1180ti under water and we'll all see just how many frames it can push in Shovel Knight.

Jensun comes across as a slightly balding, bespectacled, ever so slightly out of shape Asian version of the Fonz, but without the cool factor. He really needs to toss that jacket.

Not the worst tech presentation I've ever seen, but still plenty of cringe worthy moments. They should have just handed him an "Applaud Now" sign to hold up. Bummer about not really covering any new Nvidia tech in the consumer GPU space.

I hope so, because I feel that nVidia have much to answer for. It’s good that GPP was stopped, but I’m left with the feeling that NV kind of got away with it, and are thinking up ways to bring it back again, or something close to it.

I used to love NV, but now they are just plain nasty, anti-consumer, anti-everything they don’t like. Quite simply, their arrogance is breathtaking these days.
https://hardforum.com/threads/more-...ting-consumer-choice.1959307/#post-1043598849

"One thing that we have not said publicly is that we believe that Kaby Lake-G was specifically targeted by another GPP-ish "program" before NVIDIA rolled out GPP, called "100% NVIDIA." We have not discussed this, simply because we could not verify that with multiple sources, so I have sort of left 100% NVIDIA in the rumor bin. However, if what Allen is saying over at Notebook Check is true, then it would make me think that it is possible that a "100% NVIDIA" program actually exists. Guys talk, you hear things. Except for NVIDIA, they are still not saying a word about GPP, except when they try to disparage others talking about GPP. "

I have to agree. Much too quiet about it. Seem to be using the usual tactic of just giving it time so the masses forget about it. Works in politics and in business. This close to a new release schedule it seems very unlikely that some things are not already in motion.
Actually that has nothing to do with it. They are quiet for other reasons.

Do you have proof of this, for either?

Of course not! Posts like that are mostly made by family pets after their owners have gone to bed...

OnTheInternetNoOneKnowsYoureADog.gif

Nvidia is a big ass tech corporation that's currently on top. It appears that they are going to do whatever the hell they want. Once on top, many feel that they write all the rules and all must bow before them. They got caught red handed with crap like GPP and act as if nothing happened. Lost a lot of street cred with hardware enthusiast by being so damn arrogant and obtuse rather than coming clean on some really whacked and underhanded marketing/business strategies by just apologizing and moving forward. They have no excuse for such behavior - its embarrassing. Just another example of really piss poor leadership in the tech sector, but then again there are surprisingly few respectful, honest large corporations out there.

Last edited:
Do you have proof of this, for either?

Sure... This Forbes article is the latest, and quotes Huang himself. These stories have been circulating on and off in the press for nearly a year now. And no, he is not saying that he deliberately does not make enough, you just have to search and read some more to get the overall flavour... There has been stories of AIBs simply not getting the normal volume of GPUs they are used to from nVidia.

Of course not! Posts like that are mostly made by family pets after their owners have gone to bed...

View attachment 77886

Ok Son...

Back