Nvidia GT300 "Fermi" PICS!!!

wolf2009

[H]ard|Gawd
That my friends is the first image of Nvidia’s new ’Fermi’ architecture in flesh. For some reason the card doesnt’t look as big and beastly as Nvidia’s last generation and looks like a smaller in length than AMD/ATI’s latest exploits. But looks can be deceiving.

PICS

Full unveiling video is here

Last edited:
SS taken from webcast...
picture48h.png

BTW cant confirm this is a GeForce... they said no GeForce news today, developer conference..

hmm why so small did nvidia adopt atis strategy lol they can easily make dual gpu with thing

Wow, that is compact and those specs are killer. Doesn't look like ATi will be king for long... damnit. 6gb DDR5.. this mofo wont be cheap.

Wow, that is compact and those specs are killer. Doesn't look like ATi will be king for long... damnit. 6gb DDR5.. this mofo wont be cheap.
dont be silly. 3gb and 6gb will be on the already expensive workstation cards not on the regular desktop card as they will come with 1.5gb.

Depends on what you consider long. Kyle seems quite adamant you wont be able to buy it till next year.

Last edited:
6GB would be useless. Even SLI 285s can't handle most shooters at 16QXAA, look at when the 295 crashes (not enough VRAM) and 285 has like 7fps; having the RAM doesn't make a difference if the video card can't render the game at a playable FPS.

Isn't Fermi a CUDA card?

I'm pretty sure this isn't the GT300.

This looks to be the GT300 GPU, just given a code name now: "Fermi."

I think what Nvidia is doing is start in the HPC/GPGPU arena like how AMD releases their high-end Opterons before their desktop variants, and then trickle the technology down to the consumers.

Would we be seeing highest-end cards at 6 GB total with 2 GPUs on the board with 3 GB per GPU?

Then, below that, 1.5 GB card and 768 MB below that?

With all the mumbo-jumbo being spread about in this new GPU-- CUDA units, warp units, etc.-- looks like it will have the power to exceed the previous GT200 chips.

Shouldn't this be titled, Pics of Fermi Heatsink/Fan combo?

Sorry , kindof odd they aren't holding up pics with the chip exposed.

is it just me or is nvidia looking more like a CPU manufacturer rather than a GPU manufacturer. I was reading the specs and reminded me so much of what a CPU would have. lol

6GB would be useless. Even SLI 285s can't handle most shooters at 16QXAA, look at when the 295 crashes (not enough VRAM) and 285 has like 7fps; having the RAM doesn't make a difference if the video card can't render the game at a playable FPS.
for the THIRD time the workstation version of the card will be the only one with 6gb. desktop version will come with 1.5gb standard and some card makers will likely make a 3gb version.

for the THIRD time the workstation version of the card will be the only one with 6gb. desktop version will come with 1.5gb standard and some card makers will likely make a 3gb version.

I heard you the first time :) I still dont expect it to be cheap.. this is Nvidia we are talking about. Guess im glad I got my 5870 if they arent coming out for a while.

I heard you the first time :) I still dont expect it to be cheap.. this is Nvidia we are talking about. Guess im glad I got my 5870 if they arent coming out for a while.

This thing is rumored to cost $549-599. In this recession? Are they serious? Cue nothankyou.jpg

Well, I doubt the 5870x2 will be any cheaper than $599 either.

Also cue fanbois making apologies for how expensive it will be and all the useless features it has that do nothing for gaming.

Last edited:
I suspect the 3gb version will come a bit later too. Since I like nvidia products generally because of EVGA and BFG's upgrade and warranty policies I will wait it out.

Well, I doubt the 5870x2 will be any cheaper than $599 either.

Shouldn't this be titled, Pics of Fermi Heatsink/Fan combo?

Sorry , kind of odd they aren't holding up pics with the chip exposed.

Totally agree. I call BS when I don't see a bare GPU chip or a bare GPU Chip on a PCB.

And the fanboys come out of the word work....

I like the 5870, but this looks like it's going to CRUSH it.

Were you around when Nvidia did their paper launch with the Geforce 5800 to counter blow the release of the Radeon 9700? They made many promises, and fell flat except for having a great leaf blower. Without any actual hardware to display or up and running, its hard to say where Nvidia is going with this new gpu or cpu for that matter.

Sure it sounds great to be a wonderful folding card, but for games who knows until it comes out. They certainly aren't really pushing this chip for gaming with this conference. Kyle could be right that Nvidia could be leaning more towards the cpu side of chip making than a gpu to do gaming.

I'm no fanboy of any manufacture. I was a fanboy of 3Dfx before that damn green goblin gobbled them up. I've owned geforce 1 thru 3, onto Ati 9700, 9800, back to Geforce 8800GTX and now to 4870x2. Both companies have made mistakes in the past, and I see history repeating itself which this reminds me of the 5800 all over again. I hope I'm wrong, but whatever the case, I just hope they don't price gouge like they did with the GTX 280 when it first came out.

This thing is rumored to cost $549-599. In this recession? Are they serious? Cue nothankyou.jpg

Also cue fanbois making apologies for how expensive it will be and all the useless features it has that do nothing for gaming.

You're in both of the Nvidia threads trolling. Why don't you beat it, fanboy? It's obvious you are one. Just because you're all butthurt that Ati's new generation of cards isn't even the fastest card out (read: gets beat by the 295), and from the looks of the specs, the new Nvidia card is going to completely ruin the Ati cards, doesn't mean you should go to each nvidia thread to try and save face for the corporation you give money to just because you like the color red.

Were you around when Nvidia did their paper launch with the Geforce 5800 to counter blow the release of the Radeon 9700? They made many promises, and fell flat except for having a great leaf blower. Without any actual hardware to display or up and running, its hard to say where Nvidia is going with this new gpu or cpu for that matter.

Sure it sounds great to be a wonderful folding card, but for games who knows until it comes out. They certainly aren't really pushing this chip for gaming with this conference. Kyle could be right that Nvidia could be leaning more towards the cpu side of chip making than a gpu to do gaming.

I'm no fanboy of any manufacture. I was a fanboy of 3Dfx before that damn green goblin gobbled them up. I've owned geforce 1 thru 3, onto Ati 9700, 9800, back to Geforce 8800GTX and now to 4870x2. Both companies have made mistakes in the past, and I see history repeating itself which this reminds me of the 5800 all over again. I hope I'm wrong, but whatever the case, I just hope they don't price gouge like they did with the GTX 280 when it first came out.

Well, the 5870, Ati's newest release, doesn't even take the crown for the fastest card out. While I could be wrong, I think it's safe to say Nvidia's card is going to beat it at....well.....everything. Well, maybe not price, but that's no shocker.

I just want them to get it out so the battle can begin and prices can fall

may the best sub $300 card get my money

Well, the 5870, Ati's newest release, doesn't even take the crown for the fastest card out. While I could be wrong, I think it's safe to say Nvidia's card is going to beat it at....well.....everything. Well, maybe not price, but that's no shocker.

Well if you are comparing the 5870 to the 295 of course it wont be the fastest card since its a dual gpu. I just remember when Nvidia had hard launches and promised to only have such a launch, that was awesome to the see the card like an automobile prototype for the first time. Then when the 5800 came along, the paper wars started and they tripped over their own feet with all the delays and changes to what they promised.

I'll give them credit for the G80 which I still have my faithful 8800GTX (I'm not giving away my $800 card at launch) and it was impressive back then. It's the same when I had the 9700, it lasted for quite some time. It seems like some generation chips dont last long.

Now with their initial denial of faulty chips from the last generation gpu line (g84 and g86), and their rebranding of the same last generation chips like a shuffle board, Nvidia just seems to be on the path of deja vu.

You're comparing a dual GPU card to a single GPU card. Lets not play games here. The 5870 beats the 200 series equivalents flat out. (The dual GPU 5800 series card will beat the 295.) Nice try. Thanks but lets leave the boyish stuff to other threads?

Anyway on to other things.

I don't think the pic of that card is actually Fermi but a mock up. The demos were running on 200 series hardware. According to the Hardocp reports we'll have to wait a while for actual hardware with working demos. From CEO's speech it sounds about right.

It seems like NVidia has something else in store for gamers and that we'll have to wait for when its time to show us what they have. Maybe it's just me but I actually thinking when its "our time" we're going to see something based on the same tech but with different bullet points and features.

What excites me the most is it looks like we're going to get some tech demos with the next series of NVidia cards. Can't wait. :D

PS:
I so wish they would get the guy who designed the original Dawn, Nalu, and Luna back (think it was a designer from SquareEnix.) Those demos still look leagues better then Adrianne.

You're comparing a dual GPU card to a single GPU card. Lets not play games here. The 5870 beats the 200 series equivalents flat out. (The dual GPU 5800 series card will beat the 295.) Nice try. Thanks but lets leave the boyish stuff to other threads?
well then I could just say that all ATI is doing with their next gen cards is beating Nvidias last gen cards so that isnt fair either. also just like Nvidia doesnt have their next gen cards out ATI also doesnt have their 5870x2 out so really Nvidia still holds the performance crown because technically they have the fastest video card. in other words people can twist anything they want, including whether its dual gpu vs single gpu, just to make their own point. personally I dont care but I was just showing that your point is really no better than his.

Back