Nvidia GT300 "Fermi" PICS!!!

It's not a final-revision card, that's for damn sure. Does that mean there's no Fermi/GF100 under that HSF? No. That's impossible to say either way.

It's not a final-revision card, that's for damn sure. Does that mean there's no Fermi/GF100 under that HSF? No. That's impossible to say either way.

final revision? that card totally is bogus. not even the prelim-version. see the power connectors? end of story

Yeah it is possible to say, the entire thing was BS. Go look at the pictures and you will see it's obviously a bad mock-up, NOT some kind of prototype.

The question is: is there a GF100 under that heatsink? Is there not? I fail to see how blurry photos of power connectors or the presence of screws on the backplate are enough to be able to claim that the card isn't what is essentially Fermi. It sure as hell isn't final, and it's not even a functional, working card, but that doesn't mean the components on the PCB aren't what is effectively the Tesla card Jen claimed it is.

Show me a photo of the card without a heatsink and then come out and say "end of story", because that will be the end of the story. Once we know what that card is and what that card isn't.

The only funny part about this is that people are getting all worked up about nothing. It could be real, it could be fake. Honestly if you can't grow up and not act like a bunch of kids then maybe posting in this thread is a bad idea. End of story, this thread and many of the people posting in it are way out of line. Keep in mind what happened the last time the "you're a fanboy" plague hit.

The question is: is there a GF100 under that heatsink? Is there not? I fail to see how blurry photos of power connectors or the presence of screws on the backplate are enough to be able to claim that the card isn't what is essentially Fermi. It sure as hell isn't final, and it's not even a functional, working card, but that doesn't mean the components on the PCB aren't what is effectively the Tesla card Jen claimed it is.

Show me a photo of the card without a heatsink and then come out and say "end of story", because that will be the end of the story. Once we know what that card is and what that card isn't.

what everybody who looked at those pictures are saying is, it doesnt matter if fermi is inside or heck it could be RV870 who knows, but that board is dummy. He never took the hsf out to show whats inside... he only showed the card

I hope Nvidia releases something so powerful that it completely blows ATI's current offerings out of the water. Then ATI can scramble to produce something on par, or better than the Nvidia offerings while prices on everything plummet. That would be a dreamy scenario where the consumer is left with massively powerful GPUs from both companies with prices that are forced down in price due to competition.

A guy can dream :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was a mock-up, and now Nvidia finally admits it. But who knows! Maybe they stuck a GT300 chip under there with some duct tape! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY!

i dont get it though. then why show that crap? it was intentional to fool people, they probably thought they would get away with it. if nobody looked at those pictures, we would be here thinking that its FERMI

Yeah, it was a mock-up, and now Nvidia finally admits it. But who knows! Maybe they stuck a GT300 chip under there with some duct tape! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY!
You're cute. If I were a bit younger, I might be inclined to believe that everything on the internet is factual and that there is no potential equivocation about anything on the internet too.

I don't know how to feel about the "Fuad/Charlie says it so it MUST be true" mentality, to be quite honest. On the one hand, it's hilarious. On the other, it's infinitely depressing to think that blind ignorance and sensationalism can overwhelm all rational judgment.

i dont get it though. then why show that crap? it was intentional to fool people, they probably thought they would get away with it. if nobody looked at those pictures, we would be here thinking that its FERMI

Yeah I agree. It was obviously to get people excited and make us think the card is further along than it really is.

Huang said "this puppy is Fermi" when he showed it off to the crowd. Nvidia allegedly confirmed later that it was a real Fermi board. Only later, when it was shown to be a really bad mock-up, did Nvidia admit it.

You're cute. If I were a bit younger, I might be inclined to believe that everything on the internet is factual and that there is no potential equivocation about anything on the internet too.

I don't know how to feel about the "Fuad/Charlie says it so it MUST be true" mentality, to be quite honest. On the one hand, it's hilarious. On the other, it's infinitely depressing to think that blind ignorance and sensationalism can overwhelm all rational judgment.

Anyone that wasn't blinded were calling this out right after the event. This was way before Charlie and Fudo. Your only defense is to question facts on the internet when 1 only needs to looks at the close up non blurry pics. Your refusal to look at the sheer amount of evidence is just ignorance.

Where did I ever say that "see, they wrote it, so it must be true!" I ALWAYS take what I read on SA/Fudzilla/TheInquirer with a massive grain of salt.

In this particular case, though, there was undeniable photographic evidence that this "Fermi" was an obvious mock-up. You basically just put your fingers in your ears and said "lalalala I can't hear you!" You apparently refused to even look at the pictures.

Now, when Nvidia finally comes out and confirms the obvious, you go and insult me. You could've been mature enough to admit that you were wrong, but instead you resorted to personal insults.

It's ironic that you're calling me naive and ignorant, when YOU were the one who refused to bother looking at any evidence.

Fanboys in denial: a pathetic sight.

Where did I ever say that "see, they wrote it, so it must be true!" I ALWAYS take what I read on SA/Fudzilla/TheInquirer with a massive grain of salt.

In this particular case, though, there was undeniable photographic evidence that this "Fermi" was an obvious mock-up. You basically just put your fingers in your ears and said "lalalala I can't hear you!" You apparently refused to even look at the pictures.

Now, when Nvidia finally comes out and confirms the obvious, you go and insult me. You could've been mature enough to admit that you were wrong, but instead you resorted to personal insults.

It's ironic that you're calling me naive and ignorant, when YOU were the one who refused to bother looking at any evidence.

Fanboys in denial: a pathetic sight.

I actually thought he was hitting on you with the cute statement. :D

Only later, when it was shown to be a really bad mock-up, did Nvidia admit it.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Fuad Abazovic doesn't work for NVIDIA.

Your only defense is to question facts on the internet when 1 only needs to looks at the close up non blurry pics is just ignorance.
And what is my defense, exactly? There seems to be a great deal of confusion regarding what my opinion is on this matter, for reasons I can only guess at.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Fuad Abazovic doesn't work for NVIDIA.

You're still holding out hope that this might be a real prototype card and not just a mock-up? Wow, and you're the one implying that I'M naive.

Likely if it is released in 2010 as it is supposed to be, then there will be something special that Nvidia has up their sleeves, besides the stuff we already know.

Likely if it is released in 2010 as it is supposed to be, then there will be something special that Nvidia has up their sleeves, besides the stuff we already know.

I wouldn't hold your breath just yet, it's been stated and it is very logical that if they could have had their architecture out by now they would have preferred to (and it seems to be a fact that they intended to from the start).

They got too much technical production related delays to focus on something to "surprise" us. Their answer to Eyefinity or at least a feature to steal it's thunder will most likely not come out until after the G300 launch unless they had planned far in advance for Eyefinity.

Call me skeptical but I never play the "there is more than they are showing us" card for any company, even one like Nvidia that has seen more of my green than ATi has.

Here is some food for thought, if they had something in the works to knock our socks off with the launch of their next series I would have expected to see it mentioned at this convention (why?) because they need all they can to steal ATi's thunder considering they have nothing physical to compete with it to do just that right at the moment.

haha, haha :D

funniest thing i have read whole day. I was thinking on the same lines, he looks really fit. looks like he doesn't spend all day in office
He really looks like he could sell that item rather than just talk about specs. He gives off a presence that make me want to listen to what he has to say. I don't see many asians fit like that, and well not small or should I say thin. I am not saying he looks like superman, but well I guess I am just really youst to see kinda big people. Yet not that body type on an asian man. Good for him.:)

Last edited:
For whatever it's worth, I never said the word "prototype".

You said that it might be a very early board that has a real GT300 chip underneath. Obviously that would be a prototype. Don't start playing word games.

Apparently there was no GF100 on the card Jen-Hsun held up at the conference, according to Xbit. Now we know the full story.

“[The Fermi chip was] not on the prototype that was held up [at the keynote and press conference]. Modifications may be made in this before the product is released. There was a working Fermi chip used in the Fermi demo,” explained Luciano Alibrandi, a spokesman for Nvidia.

/facepalm Anyone with a pair of eyes and half a brain can see the obvious without Xbit having to write and tell the sheeple what's real.

The holding up of a bunk card (yes! bunk card) and stating that it's Fermi really pissed me off. There's no way to deny it, watch the video and listen to what he states. "This ladies and gentlemen, this puppy here, is Fermi"

One problem with that, it's a mock up and not fermi.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJOv3VlkEjQ

There's no doubt in my mind that Nvidia is currently under a lot of pressure. By all means it looks like they're gonna miss having a consumer product out in time for DX11 and Windows 7 and not just miss it, but miss it by months. They also face the hard fact that they lack the license to produce a x86 CPU while Intel and AMD (both GPU manufactures) have the ability to do so. Which I think is they're main reason to stress emphasis on GPGPU technologies. Regardless of the reasoning behind the mess I feel they got themselves into with the display of a bunk GPU, For me it leaves me a little salty over the situation. I'm for Fermi, Hell! I hope it's a fantastic product, but damn!

Last edited:
Here is some food for thought, if they had something in the works to knock our socks off with the launch of their next series I would have expected to see it mentioned at this convention (why?) because they need all they can to steal ATi's thunder considering they have nothing physical to compete with it to do just that right at the moment.

Wonderful statement :)

Let us not forget Larrabee, It's electronic genes are x86, Nvidia may be bragging up GPGPU all they want, but Intel has one HUGE advantage to that.

http://www.intel.com/technology/visual/microarch.htm

Last edited:
/facepalm Anyone with a pair of eyes and half a brain can see the obvious without Xbit having to write and tell the sheeple what's real.
Your "pair of eyes" saw the lack of a Fermi GPU that I didn't? Curious. I'd love to see the pics you saw. Got 'em on you?

No? Oh. Hmm.

Your "pair of eyes" saw the lack of a Fermi GPU that I didn't? Curious. I'd love to see the pics you saw. Got 'em on you?

No? Oh. Hmm.

You're still arguing this? It was obvious that the board itself was non-functional and a quick hack-job. It was crudely sawed off right through a critical component (a 6-pin or 8-pin power connector).

You were wrong. Get over it.

No? Oh. Hmm.

Pg 5 :p There's a nice link to XS analyzed pics and a much better discussion way b4 your precious link.Never seen anyone try so hard to not admit they were wrong on an internet forum. Have a nice life.

Heh. What was I wrong about, exactly? I never once claimed the card had a Fermi chip on it. I merely acknowledged the possibility that the card Jen-Hsun held up at the conference may have had one, and that I thought it was more likely that it did (given the circumstances), before it was confirmed otherwise.

Heh. What was I wrong about, exactly? I never once claimed the card had a Fermi chip on it. I merely acknowledged the possibility that the card Jen-Hsun held up at the conference may have had one, and that I thought it was more likely that it did (given the circumstances), before it was confirmed otherwise.

You were wrong because, what the hell would be the point of sticking a GT300 chip on an obviously non-functional board that was crudely sawed in half?

Did you just say "you were wrong because" then ask me a question? And I thought I had seen it all.

So, allow me to retort: You were wrong because, do you like ice cream?

Answer the question and you will understand why you were wrong. Or not, since you are apparently unable to ever admit that.

Back