nVidia GT 73x/74x - Lemonade from Lemons?

PGHammer

2[H]4U
Absent any real non-partable GTX8xx parts, some nVidia AIBs have taken to creating GT73x/74x products from (apparently GTX750/750Ti GPUs that failed QC somewhere).

It's not every AIB (EVGA is noticeable by being missing - same with PNY) - however, why does such a critter exist?

I'm looking for either hard reason OR theory - I have noticed that nV itself has said exactly nit.

(apparently GTX750/750Ti GPUs that failed QC somewhere).

It's not every AIB (EVGA is noticeable by being missing - same with PNY) - however, why does such a critter exist?

I'm looking for either hard reason OR theory - I have noticed that nV itself has said exactly nit.

Where's that information coming from? Those cards are for people who want to run multiple monitors without having to pay a high price for an "actual gaming" card.

The GT 740 DDR3 looks like it could also just be a rebrand of the GT 640, and the GDDR5 version a rebrand of the 650. Clocks, max TDP and other specs are exactly the same.

So these could be sucky parts, or else quite good parts. These need a review!

Last edited:
Why does GTX630 exist? Why does GTX530 exist? Why does GTX430 exist?

The GTX cards are actual nVidia GPUs (complete with nV announcements and specific-named support in ForceWare); that isn't the case with the GT7xx. Are these indeed salvaged Maxwell parts that failed QC? Kepler (or even Fermi) rebadges? These oddballs are being sold - therefore, they WILL be showing up when it comes to maintenance of the computers they go into - which means that those of us that maintain these computers need more gist on them, even if we won't be using them ourselves.

That is an interesting question. It would be something to be able to possibly unlock them to a 750 or something along those lines.

Does google not work for you? Its a 384-core GK107 Kepler part, both of them are. EVGA is most certainly selling them, so is PNY. Whats not to get?

The GTX cards are actual nVidia GPUs

Also, this is really funny.

Back