Nvidia GPUs are awesome on x11

Mine 750ti's are doing great, except one is only doing 500ish kh/s not sure why.

That happens to one of mine a lot. Gpu 2 starts throwing errors like crazy in ccminer. I close and restart ccminer and it stops with the errors but only hashes at 500. Normally a restart fixes it.

I have no idea what causes it. My rig can run fine for weeks and it just happens out of nowhere. Always gpu 2

I'm almost starting to believe that X11 is not optimized on AMD cards at all, my 290x runs @ 65degrees at around 50% fan speed. Weird :) but I'll take it for now.

so at current rate the 750ti's are at about a 60 day break even point. X11 rates seem to be setting in at this rate and not doing those constant spikes. Really though a single coin release can pay off a 750ti so I'm really putting some serious thought into buying quite a few. I think I'll clear out things like my 290's

if anybody has some 750ti's up for trade hit me up.

That happens to one of mine a lot. Gpu 2 starts throwing errors like crazy in ccminer. I close and restart ccminer and it stops with the errors but only hashes at 500. Normally a restart fixes it.

I have no idea what causes it. My rig can run fine for weeks and it just happens out of nowhere. Always gpu 2

A restart seems to fix it, I took off all my overclock and I am just running them stock speed right now.

If the estimates at cryptoalts are correct, I am pulling in .44btc a day with x11 that seems insane compared to what I had before.

What kind of total hasrate are you at?! Either that's a huge farm or i'm doing something major wrong lol.

so at current rate the 750ti's are at about a 60 day break even point. X11 rates seem to be setting in at this rate and not doing those constant spikes. Really though a single coin release can pay off a 750ti so I'm really putting some serious thought into buying quite a few. I think I'll clear out things like my 290's

if anybody has some 750ti's up for trade hit me up.

Current rate of what? Nicehash or Darkcoin mining? dropping some numbers into a darkcoin mining calculator is giving me something like $60 profit after two months.

60 days is a long time in the crypto world lol.

What kind of pay out are you guys seeing with nicehash? Betarigs looks so close to darkcoin right now that it's not even worth setting up.

Current rate of what? Nicehash or Darkcoin mining? dropping some numbers into a darkcoin mining calculator is giving me something like $60 profit after two months.

Nvm looks to be an error in the pool.

Sorry, I wish that was real too. I wasn't aware of a DRK fork that happened last night. I'll boost payouts from own BC later to make up for it.

why do people use nicehash? it seems like it pays much less than any other renting service, and less than wafflepool even for scrypt mining.

why do people use nicehash? it seems like it pays much less than any other renting service, and less than wafflepool even for scrypt mining.

It has been more profitable than scrypt for me lately, but today it's been awful, going back to scrypt for tonight.

I hope you guys aren't mining Darkcoin as the reward system is skewed horribly and rewards only the initial miners. This can be seen here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

It was well-known that the reward would drop as more and more people mined. Unfortunately, it hasn't been profitable in general to mine it directly--better off mining something else and selling to buy your DRK. But nice QQ. :rolleyes:

I just finished putting together a system for my 780's and my results are a mixed bag.

I think I have to do some playing around because my hash rates are totally inconsistent between the two cards. It seems that the second card doesn't want to consistently run at top speed as I notice its core clock dropping down after a minute or so of runtime and never returning to normal.

Are you trying to pass the same code parameters for both? When I was mining on Nvidia, I had to use different codes for each card to get max hash on scrypt.

Maybe this has been answered, but which pools are you guys mining in for X11? I'm looking for something with automatic BTC payout.

Maybe this has been answered, but which pools are you guys mining in for X11? I'm looking for something with automatic BTC payout.

I went with NiceHash due to the BTC payout. Betarigs and similar are too big of a hassle for me, I don't have time to waste with creating miners, setting prices, and giving them silly names and descriptions. I only want to give my hash power and get BTC in return, so NiceHash it is.

I went with NiceHash due to the BTC payout. Betarigs and similar are too big of a hassle for me, I don't have time to waste with creating miners, setting prices, and giving them silly names and descriptions. I only want to give my hash power and get BTC in return, so NiceHash it is.

That is what I have been using but even just a couple days ago payout was a lot better.

That is what I have been using but even just a couple days ago payout was a lot better.

It fluctuates pretty rapidly. Few days ago it was paying 2.00 per 1GH of x11. Now it's hovering around 1.35.

I set a minimum for NiceHash. There's a lot of people who put in buy orders at super low numbers. You don't want to accidentally get in on one of those.

It fluctuates pretty rapidly. Few days ago it was paying 2.00 per 1GH of x11. Now it's hovering around 1.35.

I set a minimum for NiceHash. There's a lot of people who put in buy orders at super low numbers. You don't want to accidentally get in on one of those.

A minimum for what?

Are you trying to pass the same code parameters for both? When I was mining on Nvidia, I had to use different codes for each card to get max hash on scrypt.

With ccminer, there is nothing to pass except the hashing algorithm, the pool address, your username, and password. I use EVGA PrecisionX to set the core and memory clocks although I'm running them at factory stock right now (they are Superclocked versions). Oddly enough, that may have something to do with it.... or maybe one or both of my cards are already pooched from when I used them for Folding. I don't know.

For the record, it's not really that important for me to get them working. I was merely curious as to how well they would perform. If they did well, I would leave them running.

My real concern is I have 3x 290's that have been sitting here in their boxes, unused, for months already. Long story short, I bought them for an expansion, but when profits from scrypt tanked, I canceled my plans to have the electrician come in to install a couple extra circuits so I could actually have the power capacity to run these 290's. So, they have been sitting on the floor next to me until I could figure out what to do with them. Now, with X11, I have enough power capacity even without installing any extra circuits and I'm anxious to see what they can do.

I'll revisit my 780's later... unless they get used for a gaming build before then. Whatever.

Humm may have to look into ccminer. Haven't done nvidia mining in several months. As for the 290s, I have gotten mine up to 2.5 each with 1000 core and 1500 mem, but instead keep them at 2.3 on default clocks with an undervolt as they use about 60-80 watts less power, the extra hash right now isn't worth it for the increased power.

My 290's run 2.4-2.5 @ xI 32 and stock clocks. Lowering down to XI 32 actually made them run faster, and its smoooooth sailing for the one I use on my main rig for 3x monitor + videos.

Can you mine X11 and do other stuff? I know that if I do scrypt, it practically doesn't allow me to do anything on my computer.

My 290's run 2.4-2.5 @ xI 32 and stock clocks. Lowering down to XI 32 actually made them run faster, and its smoooooth sailing for the one I use on my main rig for 3x monitor + videos.

Lowering down to xi32 from what? Also, are you using stock TC or manual? Is this on SPH or a different miner?

SPH, everything stock just xI 32.

sgminer -k darkcoin -I 18 -w 512, then I swap regular Intensity for xI of 32 (g -> x -> 32). I'm guessing there is a way to do it on the command line as xi but don't care atm since its usually running from a config with XI set.

SPH, everything stock just xI 32.

sgminer -k darkcoin -I 18 -w 512, then I swap regular Intensity for xI of 32 (g -> x -> 32). I'm guessing there is a way to do it on the command line as xi but don't care atm since its usually running from a config with XI set.

xi 32 everything else stock on sph gets me <1900 on a R9 290x.

xi 32 everything else stock on sph gets me <1900 on a R9 290x.

Strange, dunno, I'm mining on blackcoinpool.

GPU 0: 70.0C 67% | 2.549M/2.365Mh/s | R: 0.7% HW:0 WU:0.033/m xI: 32

R9 290
Core Clock: 980
Memory: 1250

Last edited:
On a 290x try TC setting 27400 in your bat file, you should get over 2500 in sph sgminer with stock clocks, i used regular intensity 19.

The only way I get a 290x (and I have 18 of them on 3 different rigs) over 2200khash is by manually setting the core to 1040 and the intensity to 22.

Subsequently the only way I get any 290 (and I have over 100 of them) over 2000khash is by manually setting the core to 1040 and the intensity to 22.

This is running BAMT, PIMP, or Win7/8 using sgminer-sph. Cards range from reference to Sapphire Tri-X. All do the same thing.

If I default all settings I get VERY low hash rates across the board. Like 1600's for the 290's.

I'm obviously doing something incredibly wrong.

I don't have my 290s any longer but I was getting over 2.4M using stock settings.
I completly cleared out the settings in the config file except for the darkcoin setting.
Was running the latest PIMP at the time.

I don't have my 290s any longer but I was getting over 2.4M using stock settings.
I completly cleared out the settings in the config file except for the darkcoin setting.
Was running the latest PIMP at the time.

I have 6 brand new USB sticks with the latest version of the 13.22 PIMP (14xsomething) and the one I just tried running default x11 settings runs 2045ish. I have to set the core to 1040 and the intensity to 22 to get over 2400.

I'd love to know how you manage this.

I've got 4 different variants of R9 290 and one of them can get higher than 2240, and 3 different variants of 290x and none of those will go higher than 2460.

I get 2500 out of my r9 290 WF3 at 1040/1250 with -I 18 -g 4 -w 128

Getting between 2100-2200 per 750TI O/Ced mining Darkcoin

Last edited:
WOOT!

Got my 780's running awesome now!

For the record, the version of ccminer-v1.0 found on the bitcointalk forums is not compiled/optimized specifically for Windows. I found a version on a site called "Cryptomining Blog" that is compiled and optimized for Windows. Much better results with this version for those that use Windows!

Linky:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/2422-updated-ccminer-1-0-beta-with-improved-performance-for-x11-mining/

The previous ccminer (the one downloaded directly from the Bitcointalk forums) was giving me about 1700KHash per 780... sometimes less... sometimes more... then sometimes one card would be at 2000KHash, and the other would be at 1300KHash. You know... crap like that.

The new ccminer (downloaded from the Cryptomining Blog site) is now giving me between 3700KHash and 3800KHash per card at factory stock settings (for EVGA 780 Superclocked). So happy now!

I'm now having second thoughts on starting up my 290's. I'm very tempted to get a few 750Ti's and get them running instead!

WOOT!

Got my 780's running awesome now!

For the record, the version of ccminer-v1.0 found on the bitcointalk forums is not compiled/optimized specifically for Windows. I found a version on a site called "Cryptomining Blog" that is compiled and optimized for Windows. Much better results with this version for those that use Windows!

Linky:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/2422-updated-ccminer-1-0-beta-with-improved-performance-for-x11-mining/

The previous ccminer (the one downloaded directly from the Bitcointalk forums) was giving me about 1700KHash per 780... sometimes less... sometimes more... then sometimes one card would be at 2000KHash, and the other would be at 1300KHash. You know... crap like that.

The new ccminer (downloaded from the Cryptomining Blog site) is now giving me between 3700KHash and 3800KHash per card at factory stock settings (for EVGA 780 Superclocked). So happy now!

I'm now having second thoughts on starting up my 290's. I'm very tempted to get a few 750Ti's and get them running instead!
you should. 750TI's are way cheaper.

Back