NVIDIA GK104 Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popped up on google search yesterday.

Last 24 hours.

2012-03-15_135626-1.jpg

These things are out and about in key players hands.

Who says this?

Popped up on google search yesterday.

Last 24 hours.

2012-03-15_135626-1.jpg

These things are out and about in key players hands.

In his next post he says the "not" do surround was a auto correction error. Single cards do surround.

look what i have been playing with for the last 5 weeks

2012-03-15_135626-1.jpg

5 WEEKS ???? Come on nVidia, release the dammed cards already. What are you waiting for? Your customers to get bored and go elsewhere? BASTARDS !!!!!

My thought is that nVidia and AMD have a deal to give each other a certain amount of time for sales before the other company releases their competing product.

I'd be more excited if the card actually was connected to the power supply. Those little details help sell it.

Wow if these leaks are true, it doesn't come close to dominating like nv had lead us to believe. Not bad, but if nv expected more from AMD, how in the world would they have anything to compete?? Hopefully they price it at around the $350 mark like the propaganda claimed. That would be a good price for it and make it worth buying, otherwise there's no reason for anyone to upgrade over their last generation.

Wow if these leaks are true, it doesn't come close to dominating like nv had lead us to believe. Not bad, but if nv expected more from AMD, how in the world would they have anything to compete?? Hopefully they price it at around the $350 mark like the propaganda claimed. That would be a good price for it and make it worth buying, otherwise there's no reason for anyone to upgrade over their last generation.

For consistency's sake I hope that you feel the same way about AMD's 7xxx series.

I think NVidia are just trying to compete with ATI and not overtake them. If they can charge you more for a lesser performing part then that's what they're going to do. They already have a higher end coming out later this year, but it was too late to the game, and they probably figured since they had a mid range card that could compete with ATI's high end then they'll just release that. It makes sense on the business front, but the consumer gets screwed in the end. That's why I'm thinking of waiting till next gen when they release the same card as a GTX760 for $300 or less. :)

What?? I suggest you read flippin_waffles post that you quoted again.

You mean this?

Hopefully they price it at around the $350 mark like the propaganda claimed. That would be a good price for it and make it worth buying, otherwise there's no reason for anyone to upgrade over their last generation.

Like I said for consistency's sake I hope that you feel the same way about AMD. Check the recent 7870 reviews for example. The same performance that you could have had a year and a half ago for the same price.

If Nvidia clearly beats a 7970 with a 2x6 pin card I'd call it astounding success compared to what was Fermi. They can easily ask the same price as for 7970 and people will still buy it. Or at least those who can afford 500$ GPUs. :D

If Nvidia clearly beats a 7970 with a 2x6 pin card I'd call it astounding success compared to what was Fermi. They can easily ask the same price as for 7970 and people will still buy it. Or at least those who can afford 500$ GPUs. :D

GK104 is no doubt an incredible success. It's beating the 7970 while using less power and a smaller chip, smaller memory bus, and less memory.

Nvidia hasn't been ahead of the curve against ATI on efficiency since RV670 HD3870 until now - with Kepler.

Kepler is an incredible leap forward in performance. The performance level here is equal to 9700Pro and 8800GTX from a technical standpoint. The only drawback is they aren't planning to release the "big brother" to GK104 (for the time being)

I can't wait to see how high gk104 can clock

Yeah if it offers same level or better perf at a similar price point ill probably be picking one up. Bitchin about price likely won't get me anywhere so ill just grab the best available gpu

GK104 is no doubt an incredible success. It's beating the 7970 while using less power and a smaller chip, smaller memory bus, and less memory.

Nvidia hasn't been ahead of the curve against ATI on efficiency since RV670 HD3870 until now - with Kepler.

Kepler is an incredible leap forward in performance. The performance level here is equal to 9700Pro and 8800GTX from a technical standpoint. The only drawback is they aren't planning to release the "big brother" to GK104 (for the time being)

I can't wait to see how high gk104 can clock

Wow...way to be so sure of yourself without ANY legitimate benchmarks or power comparisons yet. You win the f@nboy award of the day!

Hkepc review.... tons of people with card leaking info. We are quite sure. Sorry the facts aren't as you wished. :D

Ummm, sorry GT you don't count as your just as biased. if not more so. I hope it is great as well but supposedly leaked reviews and or forum benchies don't count for shit. Man I hope they release it soon so we can get rid of this f@nboy spamming....

As said, just because the facts aren't what you want doesn't invalidate them.

Wow...that's a weak one...Prove those benchies as facts. Just because you want to desperately believe doesn't make them real as well. Like I said I hope their real but don't believe all the hype. Wait for the NDA to lift.

Wow...that's a weak one...Prove those benchies as facts. Just because you want to desperately believe doesn't make them real as well. Like I said I hope their real but don't believe all the hype. Wait for the NDA to lift.

They're real, not sure where you are finding anyone saying they aren't or that they are faked? Only thing is some have older drivers so worse than release results, meaning gk104 is even better.

They are real. Guy knows what hes talking about, been following gpus for a long time, and always has a top end setup. He knows what he's saying

@Goldentiger, what do you think for clock-for-clock comparison of the 680 versus 7970. Both at ~1000/1500, would you say %5 to the 680?

Wow...you two guys should meet...;)

I think everyone just got sick of arguing with you two...same here, I'm out and will wait for real reviews.

They are real. Guy knows what hes talking about, been following gpus for a long time, and always has a top end setup. He knows what he's saying

He also claimed he knows all about process and development because he's been "reading online articles and forums" for a couple years too, but we all know he really doesn't know jack about it. :rolleyes:

This thread has run its course. If you want to beat on each other, do it in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back