NVIDIA Giving Away $50,000 Worth of Obduction Codes

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA is giving away more free game codes to GeForce Experience users. This time around the company is giving away $50K worth of Obduction game codes. As always, all you have to do is download the new GeForce Experience 3.0 and log-in to be eligible.

Obduction is a labor of love that started as a Kickstater campaign from Cyan Worlds, creators of the legendary Myst franchise. The adventure game is hailed as a spiritual successor to Cyan's previous hits, Myst and Riven. In it the player finds their character transported to strange alien worlds but with human elements within the settings and must explore and solve puzzles to figure out how to return home.

Names like this are why people can't spell anymore. Is it Obfuscation? Is it Abduction? No... it's Obduction.

edit: Damn. The previous giveaways that I missed out on were a GTX 1080, and MSI VR Ready Notebooks and HTC Vive Systems...

I keep forgetting to log into my GeForce account on my rebuild on my pc to enter into these give aways they are doing.

Names like this are why people can't spell anymore. Is it Obfuscation? Is it Abduction? No... it's Obduction.

edit: Damn. The previous giveaways that I missed out on were a GTX 1080, and MSI VR Ready Notebooks and HTC Vive Systems...

By the way it is an ACTUAL word in the dictionary and might even have significance given its meaning....

i just keep thinking they must be really hurting for logins.

I think that part of the login deal is that they've rolled all of these things like GameStream into one and now need people to agree to legal things.

It's stupid I agree. I like the old version better and think that this version came out too soon.

In any case, I bought this game on launch, it's very good, nice modern Myst-like game since we haven't had many of those lately.

In any case, I bought this game on launch, it's very good, nice modern Myst-like game since we haven't had many of those lately.

Is that like the point to an object, click, and appear in front of it?

Is that like the point to an object, click, and appear in front of it?

It's user-selectable - you can do the classic Myst-style controls, or you can free-roam in first person.

Personally I prefer the free-roam, but one helpful thing about the set camera positions is that it makes it easier to tell what items are important/able to be interacted with.

Who knows, maybe I will win something?
I am signed up on GFE (which I never use) so I could win.

Maybe it is just me, but for some reason every time I look at that image for the game there I instantly have No Man's Sky pop into my head. Think it is a mix of the white text and the mountains.

I don't know what nvidia did or what i did, but this new computer I built, it worked when I first installed GFE. After an update, it completetly stopped functioning. I can install/uninstall it, but is just won't run at all.

Back