NVIDIA Gives the Bird to All RTX Early Adopters

Who gives a shit about ray tracing? I'm getting well over 144 fps in pretty much every game I play with max settings at 1080. I'm pretty happy about that.

Fuck spending $600 for a used, wore out card from some random dude on ebay.

Yeah, it's just you.
OK, obviously logic does not apply here.

Anyway, my 1080ti that I got from my friend whom had hardly used it, said to say hi to your little 2070. And yeah, I couldn't care less about RTX in its current form. So we can agree on that. But anyway, enjoy your card.

You know what "sunk cost" is?

You paid 1200 bucks for your video card, thats the bottom line.

Nope, because I’ll sell it for $500-600 later.

When I calculate the cost per mile of a car I factor in the trade in.

I want my free game!! Go with the $1200 even more reason. ;)

Read the OP. If your post is not on the topic of the OP, do not post it. Plenty of other threads for your discussion.

Keep Calm 2.png

Not a truer word ever said.

Is it worth jumping into bf again? After bf2 I lost interest. Also I read its even buggier than bf4. What's your experience?
I played BF4 at launch and BFV for about 20 hours so far. It's not "perfect" but it's by far in better shape than BF4 was at launch. I never played BF2, but I've played every title for about the last 10 years and I think this is a good entry.

Meh, if you want a deal you should probably wait for a deal to pop up. Next thing you know you'll be complaining when they offer 3 games for free with the card. Get a grip on reality.

No, actually I was kind of expecting this. But even so it's still mildly surprising that Nvidia was willing to make a dick move of this magnitude.

This is def a huge FU to those of us who paid the early adopter tax. I'm assuming that this will get retroactive here real soon. The optics of this move are going to be even worse than offering no game at all.

The most hilarious part of all this is that Nvidia probably knows how bad this looks, but they had this deal all inked with EA to bundle it with the cards... before all the benchmarks, OS update delays and card failures.

What a clustercluck.

Last edited:
I clicked on the thread title hoping nVidia came to their senses and re-named the RTX 2080 Ti a Titan and cut prices across the board. Just a free game. Too bad.

They are the best when it comes to speed right now. I jump back and forth between AMD and NVIDIA. :/ Shitty business practices (like Intel), but the superior product. I'll bitch about it, but I'll still buy it. Yes, I'm part of the problem.
LOL, who you tellin brother? I'm in the same boat with you. I'm looking at 1070 cards everyday fighting the urge to upgrade hoping the prices go down. I have zero interest in what AMD is offering atm. 100% with you.

Vega56 and Vega64 came with two Triple A games at launch just to move product. :p

View attachment 121733
And after averice minded miners found out how well it mined, they sold out . No games bundle needed after that.

There doesn't seem to be any silver lining in sight for nvidia.
In fact, stocks in Nvidia are currently looking like the cryptocurrency nose dive happening as we speak.

This is actually a genius move by nVidia.

Early adopters were going to buy the game anyways, money already made.

Now they'll bait people who are on the fence with BFV; when they enable RTX and see their framerate drop 50-70%, they'll be forced to buy another to SLI them.

How is this different than any hardware bundle that has ever happened? AMD did it a few times in the last few years with the red shit. This bias is getting out of control and to the point of silly. Used to be hard but now... ...

Don’t be butt hurt just because they have lowered the price or included other incentives some weeks after the introduction

You got the benefit of use for that whole time, and you willingly forked over the cash to do so.

Those that have been burned by an RMA I feel for though.

I still won't touch it. They would have to price it at $750-800 for me to consider it. But since they sell every single one they make, the prices won't go down much. Too bad AMD is garbage, maybe Intel will step up in 2020.

As much as I'm not a fan of Nvidia's business practices, I don't really see the problem. Early adopters were fine with buying it at that price without any free games, Nvidia doesn't owe them that, even if it is only a month later.

Probably costs them very little to offer the code for past RTX orders though, so this goes to show how stingy Nvidia is. If you don't like that then gotta vote with your dollar, that's the only way these companies listen.

i remember when amd did their battlefield giveaways you had a code in the box
Actually I got a card that I bought used off a guy which was still in warranty, I asked my local friendly shop (who I buy everything else through) if it was subject to a much, much later BF4? giveaway and they said try it on the page with your serial number. Sure enough, it worked with an older card. I still have that serial somewhere lol, never played it because I can't do online.
I'm going to try it on a Sapphire V64 which was purchased just before the current newegg sale with 3 games. Serial should still be same stock and likely counted ;)

I bet my whole paycheck when Jen-Hsun, Ajay Puri, and Colette Kress sat in the board room the day after their stock went from 202 to 149 (as of today) they literally thought this was literally all they had to do to ameliorate the press and their consumers. I'm laughing at this whole ordeal because they're treating you guys like children by throwing not even bread crumbs, but ketchup packets with absolutely no nutritional value.

Well, the early adopters got a whole month worth of bragging right, that's got to be worth something right? :p

I can 2nd this, i ordered a gtx980 back in 2014 on oct 24'th then 2 weeks later they did that same deal and i contacted newegg about it and i was given same code voucher. I have it listed in my newegg history as well.
Same story here.

nVidia needed to line up some other new titles to show off RTX, not a fast-paced shooter where most people don't notice visual details... like an RPG or something. Ray-tracing still isn't ready for prime time. With 7nm GPUs, they NEED to DOUBLE OR TRIPLE the amount of RTX cores to make it work better.

I don't see the problem as this stuff happens....

I bought an RX470 that didn't have a software bundle; a couple weeks later AMD was offering one.
I bought a 1080 from EVGA WHEN they were offering Destiny 2; my receipt was accepted but when I went to claim my key they denied me because "your name isn't on the receipt".
I bought a 7700k when Intel was offering Assassin's Creed: Origins and Total War: Warhammer 2. They gave me the keys on their online portal but when I lost access their support basically told me to fuck off.

Companies are bitches; you had best realize that if you want to survive.

I contacted Nvidia to see if they'd make an exception for earlier purchases and they aren't budging this time.

Tin foil hat time.

It’s likely that Nvidia made sure to hold off on availability of actual Ray Tracing demo or game content at launch to ensure initial sales. Just under a month later the Ray tracing patches/content come out and the performance is dismal and the effects are minimally noticeable (from what I’ve read). If those demos, games had been available at launch and for the early product reviews - I suspect there would have been fewer initial purchases.

Well all of the people going through RMA should get a two pack of Space Invaders and Battlefield V. The real Space Invaders of course; not the "test escapes" version.
I was thinking in the same line.
... but who would want the original Space Invaders with the code simply "translated" to a modern OS?
The original game got it's slow initial speed and gradual speed-up as a result of the slow CPU used. Today's CPUs are about 1,000 times faster, so the mass of aliens will overrun the defender about one second after the game starts.

Not trying to shield Nvidia, ... But this smells more like EA desperately trying to get people to play the doa BFV to me.
I think the deal between Nvidia and EA is older than that.
* Nvidia has been using this game to promote RTX all the way.
* EA and Nvidia has worked together to implement DXR in the game.
* I can't say if Nvidia has also provided money to make DXR part of the game, bu it's possible.
Therefore it's no surprise that Nvidia has a bunch of licenses for the game to use for promotion.

I do think it's wrong to value a game license at the $60 retail price though. Is there anybody that has already purchased an RTX 2080Ti and wants BFV that hasn't also bought the game as well?
If you haven't bought the game yet it's most probably because you don't think it's worth $60, at least not yet.
Those that will get a license for free with a new graphics card either already have a license or didn't plan to buy one at full price anyway.

I clicked on the thread title hoping nVidia came to their senses and re-named the RTX 2080 Ti a Titan and cut prices across the board. ...
More likely re-name it Titan to reflect what it is and justify the high price. Then in a month or two the "real" 2080Ti is released, providing essentially the same performance at half the price...

those games were not free, amd put them in special packs that added to the cost of the card. Idea was miners would not buy them LOL.
Seeing that the vast majority COULD NOT buy the Vega cards without one of the “gamer bundles” that’s a crock full of you know what....

Any rate both sides do this stuff, not just green team.

Back