NVIDIA Gives the Bird to All RTX Early Adopters

Well, I guess it depends on how many RTX cards they sell between now and the end of the year, figuring that almost all places are out of stock for who knows what duration.

I can 2nd this, i ordered a gtx980 back in 2014 on oct 24'th then 2 weeks later they did that same deal and i contacted newegg about it and i was given same code voucher. I have it listed in my newegg history as well.

I remember getting an AC game with my 980 purchase also.

was Shadow of the Tomb Raider not deemed a good showcase for ray-tracing so they decided to bundle Battlefield?

Wow. That’s just great. We need AMD to get their thumbs out of their asses.

I don't know that an early adopter cares. If you have $1200+ to spend on a video card, or even $900+, do you care that much about a free game?

I think what those folks would want to see is a step-up program for when the 3xxx 7nm cards come out. Because that will be an angry mob scene if you've ever seen one.

Don't worry, there's no stock to claim the copy of BF anyway.

Wow. That’s just great. We need AMD to get their thumbs out of their asses.

In what way? Release high-end cards or bundle games? Cause AMD is giving out Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and the Division 2 if you buy a RX 590/Vega, or choose 2 when you buy a 580/570. Not gonna lie, I would take the Division 2 over BFV any fucking day.

Similar to news of Fallout 76 going to $40 for black Friday. All the pre-order and release day folks for games and hardware get the shaft when sales numbers don't meet expectations - especially with a rocky product launch.

I was an early buyer and this is my viewpoint as well. I guess I must be one of the few that knew what was possible when you purchase early. Am I pissed about not getting a free game while others just purchasing do....hardly. Am I disapointed, sure. However I know it's part of business and it sucks for early adopters. As others have pointed out. When sales numbers are down there are deals to be had.

I don't know that an early adopter cares. If you have $1200+ to spend on a video card, or even $900+, do you care that much about a free game?

I think what those folks would want to see is a step-up program for when the 3xxx 7nm cards come out. Because that will be an angry mob scene if you've ever seen one.

*raises hand* yes, I think this was a douchebag move.

And the video card was $1200 - $600 (1080ti sold) = $600 for over 2+ years of use. <= $300 a year isn’t bad.

I suspect this is not going to be a big deal to a lot of people just because of what you get lol. I didn't bat an eyelash at this news. Battlefield 5 ....... what? ... Black Ops 4 destroys this game in any way imaginable.

Don't they offer these holiday bundle offers every single year?

I don't know how anyone can buy a GPU, or anything really, in October and be surprised that some kind of deal, discount, or extra offer doesn't pop up a month or two later. If you're in the US at least the entire retail market is almost entirely structured around sales during this period.

You can buy a shitty used car, that might just last longer, for the price of one of these video cards. The issue isn't that the 40 buck game code isn't being extended to early adopters. It's that the early adopters got screwed on terrible QC, and no one knows how many cards will actually fail due to this (possibly all of them over time). So, on top of selling your soul to Nvidia to get one of these top of the line video cards that will possibly fail, you are also, now, loosing out on a freebie that Nvidia just instituted to help sell their PC incinerators as they become available.

Nvidia didn't give a shit that the boards were failing. They clearly knew something was up and their lame test escapes excuse was pretty bad. Their figures were clearly off a bit with the, what? .01% failure rate that likely incorporates the 2080 & 70 in that metric as well (which really don't have the issues).

On another note, as mentioned above, yeah, there really need to be some sort of trade up program. I see that 7nm board coming out just as soon as AMD releases something marginally viable next year. It will just be a fixed 2080Ti with some more processing units in it and it won't burst into flame, it won't have memory issues and it will be released for the same price or less...

Tis the nature of running hardware on bleeding edge tech, no? I'm not really hating on anyone, I will buy the hardware. I just don't like companies that don't give a shit about their consumer base.

I do think if Nvidia would like to retain some consumer support they should allow folks to receive BF5 period if they own a 2080Ti. Just do a serial number check / Geforce experience check thing and call it a day. Given the expense along with the higher then normal failiure rate of cards i'm kind of pissed myself.

Pretty hard to take the "outrage" over a BF5 game code seriously when this same forum has been shitting on the game for months- "BF5 sucks, EA sucks, its just SJW infested now with wimin in blue paint and robotic arms". Suddenly the game's so important and people are being disadvantaged not getting it. I guess it wouldn't be the internet if it wasn't bipolar 24/7.

Last edited:
This is an EA tripple A game, we know they are counting on the revenue from the in game currencies and skins the sale price is peanuts. It will be $30 by Feb 2019 and having Free weekends by Easter.
Battlefield V is not FIFA Ultimate Team with pay to win lootboxes. The Battlefield series is one of their few IP's left that isn't reliant on in game purchases to be profitable, and Battlefield V is no exception. The last few battlefield games had in-game purchases, but they were hardly more than unlockable items you could already get just by playing the game.

*raises hand* yes, I think this was a douchebag move.

And the video card was $1200 - $600 (1080ti sold) = $600 for over 2+ years of use. <= $300 a year isn’t bad.

You know what "sunk cost" is?

You paid 1200 bucks for your video card, thats the bottom line.

Battlefield V is not FIFA Ultimate Team with pay to win lootboxes. The Battlefield series is one of their few IP's left that isn't reliant on in game purchases to be profitable, and Battlefield V is no exception. The last few battlefield games had in-game purchases, but they were hardly more than unlockable items you could already get just by playing the game.
Well shit I had just assumed they were doing their normal fuckery, but after looking into it a little they have cut it back a lot and instead of loot boxes and game passes they are just doing is some straight simple RMT for skins and what not. I am pretty sure though if people who purchased the 2018TI's already contacted customer support for their brands they would issue them the game anyways it is just bad PR otherwise.

Here is nGreedias new tagline for it's loyal fanbios...

nVidia, the way you're meant to be played, fool... Yeah, you like that, don't you!

nGreedia are a fucking loathsome company these days. I remember how cool it was to have one of their cards back in the day. They were the newcomer, beating all the odds, and they were damned good at it too. But fast forward to now, and wannabe Captain Kirk thinks he is Tim fucking Cook, but lacks the little class and business acumen Apple actually does have. Today, you're a brainless sucker if you spunk $1300 on their card.

You also gotta love the whole 10xx series "shortage" and price gouge manufactured by nGreedia marketing, yet nGreedia had already said just a couple of months before that they had produced far too many chips for those cards, with OEMs even saying they wanted nGreedia to take them back, but wouldn't. So where are all these cards?

It's a real shame when I think of what nVidia has become, a real nasty, customer hating bunch of greedy money hoarders, just waiting until nobody is looking so they can sell their mothers for maximum profit.

Last edited:
Here is nGreedias new tagline for it's loyal fanbios...

nVidia, the way you're meant to be played, fool... Yeah, you like that, don't you!

nGreedia are a fucking loathsome company these days. I remember how cool it was to have one of their cards back in the day. They were the newcomer, beating all the odds, and they were damned good at it too. But fast forward to now, and wannabe Captain Kirk thinks he is Tim fucking Cook, but lacks the little class and business acumen Apple actually does have. Today, you're a brainless sucker if you spunk $1300 on their card.

You also gotta love the whole 10xx series "shortage" and price gouge manufactured by nGreedia marketing, yet nGreedia had already said just a couple of months before that they had produced far too many chips for those cards, with OEMs even saying they wanted nGreedia to take them back, but wouldn't.

Couldn't agree more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWrWbipefwTeyhIxSiaef6OqZffltrM-7WtpccXEyLqorPzARnYA.jpg

I'm ok with it. This is the first time I've ever jumped on the early adopter bandwagon. I've been putting off a GPU upgrade for a year or two and have always wanted a FE card...I guess from spending years reading GPU launch reviews and drooling over the new reference card. So I sprung for a 2070 and while I know I didn't get any great "value" I'm really enjoying the 100%+ performance increase over my 290x and I enjoy seeing a FE card in my rig.

Who needs Battlefield 5, it'll just be full of Artificial Aiming subscribers anyway.

I don't think I would be so happy being sold a card that can barely game at 1080p 30FPS in games that were designed for it... Not to mention that for the same money, you could have purchased a far superior card. Oh well, I guess that's just me.

What card is far superior to, for instance, a 2080Ti in either Raytracing and/or standard raster graphics?

Haha, they really are assholes eh, right to the core. Nvidia...10lb of Dicks in a 5lb bag. Im not sure they could fuck this launch up any harder if they tried. Sorry to the preorder folks!

What card is far superior to, for instance, a 2080Ti in either Raytracing and/or standard raster graphics?

Really? You're going THERE? LOL dude, you're ignorance is showing!

But Daddy can spoon-feed you one more time. He said he had a 2070, I said a 1080ti was faster. I'm not wrong son.

Now go back to bed. Daddy has to rethink his life choices after the disappointment that was you.

FU nvidia -sincerely every rtx owner prior to today.

Speak for yourself. I have a 2080 Ti and this doesn't bother me in the slightest. If they all of a sudden cut prices by 50% then there would be riots. A free game though? Comeon.

They are offering Three free games with the purchase of a 590. Resident Evil 2, The Division 2 & Devil May Cry 5.

What thumbs in asses?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800995295

They are, but they’re not offering anything new in terms of technology. I know we’re all having fun bashing Nvidia right now, myself included, because this launch has been one of the worst in recent memory, but you have to admit, Nvidia is actually pushing ahead and raising the bar with new tech. AMD has been rehashing much older GPU’s while we wait for a die shrink with no word on any technical advances. Sure, AMD brought HBM, but it’s handicapped by literally nothing exciting from the GPU department. I begrudgingly upgraded to an Nvidia GPU myself for the first time in 6 years because I was simply done “waiting for Polaris”, then “waiting for Vega”, and now apparently “waiting for Navi”, which may or may not come out in 2H 2019.

But yes, you get 3 games you may or may not want, I will credit them with a better bundle.

Goes to show you not to buy anything too early. You spend more money and get less....

Depends on who you bought the card from, Some sellers if you email them will and have given out game codes to people that bought cards from them just before the offer started. I did that with newegg, bought a new card week or 2 before they gave a game with the card. Emailed them and they gave me a code for game.

There was a promotion for the GTX980 that would net buyers their choice of Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, or the Crew. The cards went on sale in September and that offer showed up in November.

I actually contacted Nvidia and got mine granfathered. It's still in my NewEgg order history under "NVIDIA Pick 1 of 3 GAMES: Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew (Up to $59.99 Retail Value)"

I can 2nd this, i ordered a gtx980 back in 2014 on oct 24'th then 2 weeks later they did that same deal and i contacted newegg about it and i was given same code voucher. I have it listed in my newegg history as well.

Newegg told me nope, my rtx purchase does not qualify, codes are for cards sold between today and Jan 31st 2019 only.

Goes to show you not to buy anything too early. You spend more money and get less....

True, but you really have to question the kind of person that could just spunk $1300 without knowing anymore than whatever nGreedia showed in a couple fake/manipulated demos at a press event. I mean, it's not like nGreedia have no track record as to misleading customers! And whats more, when nGreedia get caught, they simply don't care! But regardless, people like that deserve whatever they get, or don't get, as the case might be.

Last edited:

The Easter performance is impressive, but the ray tracing frame rates are horrid, and I can see anyone willing to sacrifice 50% of their frame rate for ray tracing. I’ll give RT a go in another generation or two.

I don't consider any games that have micro transactions a triple AAA game anymore. Especially from the likes of EA.

Ngreedia makes the naughty list every year, but just laughing all the way to the bank. Nice guys really do finish last.

They are the best when it comes to speed right now. I jump back and forth between AMD and NVIDIA. :/ Shitty business practices (like Intel), but the superior product. I'll bitch about it, but I'll still buy it. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

Reactions: Jza
like this
I don't think I would be so happy being sold a card that can barely game at 1080p 30FPS in games that were designed for it...

Who gives a shit about ray tracing? I'm getting well over 144 fps in pretty much every game I play with max settings at 1080. I'm pretty happy about that.

Not to mention that for the same money, I could have purchased a used, but far superior card which would have been much faster and far more future proof. But oh well, I guess that's just me.

Fuck spending $600 for a used, wore out card from some random dude on ebay.

Yeah, it's just you.

Back