NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600

People actually buy this shit? Don't get me wrong, it was a great card back in it's day but what the hell is someone going to do with it now? I would have sent it for recycling a long time ago.

People actually buy this shit? Don't get me wrong, it was a great card back in it's day but what the hell is someone going to do with it now? I would have sent it for recycling a long time ago.

You’re kidding right?

Retro PCs have been a thing for a while now. Some of the parts are extremely big money because they’re needed for proper driver support on 90’s / pre- Windows XP builds. To build a period-correct system that runs Windows 98se, PCI or AGP gpus are the way to go. When it comes to “retro” this pc gaming, there are many games that haven’t been re-released on gog or which emulate / run poorly on modern hardware.

Pretty high price.. I just picked up a Ti 4600 off Ebay for $39 shipped a few weeks ago..

B7903y9h.jpg

5aGTbVkh.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm..

Maybe I should sell mine that has been sitting in a box of random hardware for years now...

The market for any product is what determines its valuation. If you're paying market value then you're neither foolish nor overspending. You're simply 'the market'.

You got a good deal. Congrats.

You’re kidding right?

Retro PCs have been a thing for a while now. Some of the parts are extremely big money because they’re needed for proper driver support on 90’s / pre- Windows XP builds. To build a period-correct system that runs Windows 98se, PCI or AGP gpus are the way to go. When it comes to “retro” this pc gaming, there are many games that haven’t been re-released on gog or which emulate / run poorly on modern hardware.

Alrighty then, when I think classic games, I think old console, not PC. I guess it makes sense. I gotta check the old bins in storage. I may still have some AGP cards or old motherboards I didn't junk.

Alrighty then, when I think classic games, I think old console, not PC. I guess it makes sense. I gotta check the old bins in storage. I may still have some AGP cards or old motherboards I didn't junk.

Dang, let us know what you find.

I sold off almost all my old AGP cards and motherboards years ago, but I do still own a Pentium Pro with a Matrox Millennium II and 3dfx Voodoo 2 card. I actually have a second, matching Voodoo 2 and I’ve long toyed with the idea of putting them in SLI. :D

I have the system in storage and pulled it out a few years ago and it booted right up. I’m sure I need to replace the CMOS battery though.

How to know what cards are worth money or not. I have a bunch of random ones

Look them up on eBay. You can also look up sold items as well to see what they actually go for and not what crazy prices some people try to sell them for.

Back