NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 128MB AGP Graphics Card MINT TESTED Ti4600 Rare Vintage

I ended up buying a Gainward GF 4 4200 TI with 128 MB back then, and kept than until I did a 9500 pro upgrade. Those were the days when an upgrade was a big upgrade.

Man, these prices swing like crazy. I bought the same card several months back for $30 on Ebay. I guess it might have to do with how many buzzwords like MINT RARE TESTED VINTAGE you put in the title.

SHlM963h.jpg

Rare and vintage is always a way to raise the price on something, even when it is neither. Nice Abit NF7-S board BTW, I bought that same one new with the same corsair led memory back in the day. RIP Abit.

i had the asus 4600ti that thing cost $650 cad, and had a sick 1 lb copper heatsink on it. man it screamed in UT 2000.

Reactions: yowen
like this
I had the Geforce4 ti 4200 version myself. What I remember about it was that it played a mean game of Tribes 2 (much better than my previous GPU) and that it was within spitting distance of a ti 4600.

Man, these prices swing like crazy. I bought the same card several months back for $30 on Ebay. I guess it might have to do with how many buzzwords like MINT RARE TESTED VINTAGE you put in the title.

View attachment 252834

Damn, this all brings back memories. I had almost the exact same build. Same board, same cooler, same RAM. Hell even had the same silver IDE cables. Had a Ti4600 also, don't remember who made it.

I ended up buying a Gainward GF 4 4200 TI with 128 MB back then, and kept than until I did a 9500 pro upgrade. Those were the days when an upgrade was a big upgrade.
I had the same cards in machines during that time period, as well as a Ti4600. I remember modding the 9500 to a somewhat gimped 9700, or something like that.

Reactions: erek
like this
Pretty sure the last Ti4600 I bought.. not that long ago cost me around $35 or so. Of course it is not in "MINT" condition but it is going to be used so who cares.

Paying silly prices to stick something on a shelf and never use it is just silly to me.

I had the same cards in machines during that time period, as well as a Ti4600. I remember modding the 9500 to a somewhat gimped 9700, or something like that.

Yeah I had the early 9500 Pro that was modable also, but I decided against doing it. Ended up buying a 9800 pro, and later upgrading to the 9800 XT. I kept that one until I got a HIS X1950 Pro.

Ti 4600 was fhe first gfx card I ever bought. And probably the only one I could ever afford to buy brand new. No clue what makes this rare, but more power to them. It'll load up ut with max settings at 1600x1200 without breaking a sweat.

Reactions: erek
like this
Those were amazing cards for the time.

There were plenty of people in the Team Fortress Classic community who would have given their left testicles for one back in its heyday. I remember having a 22" CRT monitor that came from a SGI workstation, and playing TFC at 1600 x 1200 resolution and thinking that it couldn't get any better than that...

Ain't nothing "vintage" about AGP. Sheesh. But hey, I think have some USB 2.0 bus cards lying around... I could be a gazillionaire! SCSI anyone?

I guess it's all about what people "think" is valuable and how much they are willing to pay.

(for now, I need to search the ebay vintage category.... maybe I'm filthy rich and didn't know it)

Back