NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Priced at $600

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
Yepp, $600 for a vanilla 700 level card.

https://www.techpowerup.com/306631/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4070-priced-at-usd-600

For those of you wondering about MSRPs of past cards with 2023 inflation in parenthesis. So with inflation, it's in line with the 2070 and 3070. Quite a bit more expensive than 970 and 1070.

770: $370 ($515.27), 2013
970: $329 ($418.09), 2014
1070: $379 ($475.06), 2016
2070: $499 ($597.83), 2018
3070: $499 ($580.03), 2022
4070: $600

Last edited:
now I'm not particularly shocked on the price to be honest. I am curious whether or not it'll be the same 4070ti chipset though or will they try to do like they did for the 4080nerf-edition by using the 4070 chipset for that? I know the article says it'll probably be the same chipset but can't trust Nvidia at all these days.

How long of price creep until pc gaming starts to die?
Will take a while. People will continue to coast on what they have for the time being. Certainly most of the market is not accepting these prices. New cards aren’t necessary to continue playing titles at 1080p medium settings like a good portion of the market does.

Smart builders will continue to buy used. Timmy that doesn’t know how to buy used or how to fix PC’s likely will get hit the hardest as they have the least understanding on how to avoid pricing. Meaning they will likely stay out of the game entirely.

Diablo IV, which will be one of the bigger titles this year doesn’t need much to hit 1080p high without RT and also has frame generation technologies to fill in the gaps.

The Steam Deck also has shown that most people will be okay with 720p medium settings. And that console has sold far more than our new current gen graphics card offerings.

Well the leather jacket even said a gpu upgrade should be like buying a new console. So yeah, take what you will from that.

Buying a GPU nowadays like:

22kuvcl9dsx7vdjj87p7had65jp68f63iezqh1xqs&rid=200w.gif

Uh, sure. On a small screen. Nobody is okay with that on modern monitors/tvs.
You say that, but that was basically PS3 and PS4 (non-pro) and Xbox equivalents. And also currently the Switch. Steam Deck can be plugged into monitors, “docked”, and used on monitors. And I’m sure many have done just that.

Last edited:
Seems a bit too cut down. Will have to wait for benchmarks to see if it is really worth going from a 3070 to this. I like that Nvidia is trying to ensure there are actually $600 models but I am wondering how many of those there will be, or how crappy the coolers will be. I will assume there will be some heavy cost cutting on those models. And that is the problem. I doubt they will have decent models for $630 even. Will probably trend closer to $700. Unless you want some over hyper loud thing.

I hope some brand just comes out with a good cooler design but drops the RGB crap. That probably saves a bit of the cost. Simple external shroud design, but good cooler design beneath. I know they use that stuff to sell higher end models, but I don't really need lights telling me what GPU it is. My case doesn't have a transparent side panel anyways.

And if Nvdia is charging this much, throw in a free game or two.

Seems a bit too cut down. Will have to wait for benchmarks to see if it is really worth going from a 3070 to this. I like that Nvidia is trying to ensure there are actually $600 models but I am wondering how many of those there will be, or how crappy the coolers will be. I will assume there will be some heavy cost cutting on those models. And that is the problem. I doubt they will have decent models for $630 even. Will probably trend closer to $700. Unless you want some over hyper loud thing.

I hope some brand just comes out with a good cooler design but drops the RGB crap. That probably saves a bit of the cost. Simple external shroud design, but good cooler design beneath. I know they use that stuff to sell higher end models, but I don't really need lights telling me what GPU it is. My case doesn't have a transparent side panel anyways.

And if Nvdia is charging this much, throw in a free game or two.

RGB crap is fractions of fractions of a penny in costs to them and helps sell + 'justifies' upcost in price, so don't hold your breath

RGB crap is fractions of fractions of a penny in costs to them and helps sell + 'justifies' upcost in price, so don't hold your breath

I don't even care if it just knocks off $5. Some recent GPUs have ridiculous shroud designs and fans embedded with logos. I'm assuming all of that engraving, those silver silver strips, whatever runs up the cost slightly.

I don't even care if it just knocks off $5. Some recent GPUs have ridiculous shroud designs and fans embedded with logos. I'm assuming all of that engraving, those silver silver strips, whatever runs up the cost slightly.

It won't is what I'm telling you

Take all of it out, it would only cost them just 0.0000001 cent difference, so they wouldn't change the price for you at all

If anything they'll upcharge you for a non-RGB edition

Yeah I really can't believe how stupid people were paying the retardedly inflated prices during PC Apocalypse

However dumb we all are otherwise, at least we're not that dumb

I don't blame the sellers, get that money. I blame the buyers.

And I know some of you are here, and yes I'm talking about you 🫵

Yeah I really can't believe how stupid people were paying the retardedly inflated prices during PC Apocalypse

I felt bad enough supporting the current prices but there's now way I was paying the ridiculous prices that cards were going for during the craziness.

I can't really blame anyone for selling a card at the going rate but I do blame the scalpers using bots for making the situation worse.

Ah yes, I remember when places like buildapcsales would post a $600+ 3070 with hundreds of updoots acting like it was the deal of a decade. "Buy it now and don't think about it! Buy. Buy Buy!"

This will be my last 8GB card.

Had a 2070 > 3060ti (was going to be 3070 but PC Apocalypse happened and I also refused to pay over $500 for the non-founders editions). So even with all that, being on 8GB for 2 gens/cards means no way I was going 8GB next card no matter what else was going on.

Yeah imo 12GB is low if you ask me. It should be 16GB at least for a 4070.

12GB should be what is on the 4060/4060ti.

Reactions: noko
like this
jokes you on, even $600 is too much! All this does is reinforce that I'm going to ride my 6700xt untill i can't get 1440@100, then I'll upgrade with a used gpu. Should be some time.
I'm in the same boat as you, shame really. Only difference is is I'm still using 1080p monitors and I'm quite insensitive to frame rate. Beyond 45 fps I can't tell the difference.

do I really have to say it again ?

Ok I will....just for old times sake...

"Stupid is as Stupid does" :D

is Nvidia actually selling 4000 series cards at these crazy prices?...4090 $1700, 4080 $1200, 4070 Ti $800

Prices are what they are but having just purchased a 4090 in order to play at 4320x2560@165hz in NVsurround I look at it from this angle. I save at least 100.00 to 200.00 bucks every couple of weeks by staying home gaming rather than going out and spending on other forms of entertainment. Also, I factor in how much gas I save for every night or weekend I don't go out and find stuff to do. In the end I get my happy time at home with my pc and it pretty much pays for itself in a very short time. :)

Last edited:
Prices are what they are but having just purchased a 4090 in order to play at 4320x2560@165hz in NVsurround I look at it from this angle. I save at least 100.00 to 200.00 bucks every couple of weeks by staying home gaming rather than going out and spending on other forms of entertainment. Also, I factor in how much gas I save for every night or weekend I don't go out and find stuff to do. In the end I get my happy time at home with my pc and it pretty much pays for itself in a very short time. :)
So you just wouldn't use your pc without a 4090?

In the manner in which my 4090 now allows me to use it ie; completely maxed out, immersive gaming that elevates the gaming experience to until now unreachable levels of fun and satisfaction?
So the 4090 has drastically increased your willingness to play pc games?

Back