NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Reviews

Yeah but that would take admitting they were wrong. I'm not convinced Nvidia sees a problem and is just thinking "Well go buy a 4090, pleb".
I feel they see there a price problem and they try to manage it, I doubt they planned for the 4060 to be $300 when they announced the 4080 to be $1200 and the 12gb "4080" $900, that quite the departure from.

a $299 4060, significantly cheaper than the 3060 msrp (even cheaper in face value) is completely out of line with the rest of the launch and they seem in an important struggle with Lovelace pricing-performance (and probably vram quantity), they certainly wanted a 4060 costing at least the same the previous if not more. A 4060Ti not actually cheaper for them than the 3060Ti as well. And those price are without AMD having releasing anything in that tier of product, so probably quite all pure we were wrong, the market changed even more than expected.

Hard to let those first bubble-Turing-ampere price go, fighting against it does not mean you do not see a problem

Last edited:
6750xt — $320
I always look at free shipping option it seem like (did not know it was still that popular) do people know how much they tend to charge for it ?, but still $330 + shipping is so much higher than the talked about the 4060ti should be $250 that it change nothing to the point, in a world that the 6750xt is $420 on AMD.com

The second those item would become popular for some reason, these rebates would go I presume

you think what performance it is possible to buy right now at what price is irrelevant to what price new things will be ?

We don't buy performance, we buy products.

Like I said if by a 4060Ti should cost $250 and a 6600xt should cost $175 instead of $260, the announced 7600 should be $190 instead of the $270 or what not it will be announced, and the 3060TI should be $220 instead of what it cost now, etc... i.e. if all video card are grossely overpriced, than sure yes ok.

Why are you comparing a 2 year old product to one just released? If we had this mind set 20 years ago, we would all be on 720 resolution with the top of the line GPUs pushing 1920x1080. MSRP for that card was $380. It was a good value two years ago.

New products need to bring more to the table especially when considering the price. We have very margin performance gains, no additional VRAM when VRAM requirements are going up. They're essentially asking $400 for a minimum improvement that isn't noticeable in most real world games.

Why are you comparing a 2 year old product to one just released?
I am comparing right now product, the actual reality.

If people are ready to pay x for y amount of performance the week you are releasing your product that will be a signal.

New product have to be easily available at the same price-performance than what was available on launch be the best buy (longer support period to be expected, higher efficiancy, av1 support) if you do not want to sell way more of them.

Looking at pre crypto bubble after 3 years of inflation MSRP of cards that was about never sold at the msrp price outside some lottery winners, if you use it to predict prive, it will not be that indicative.

The 7600 a quite inferior product to the 4060TI was announced to be what $270, why would Nvidia launch a 4060TI cheaper than the 7600 ? Would be nice, even be what to be normal, but that would force a reshuffle of most current product down. That 7600 price announcement I think match right about my feeling that this would have been perfectly ok as a 4050ti or 4060 priced at $330 in this current market.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there's no new drivers for the 4060 Ti out today, Hmm

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Ok a rant…

I can’t believe some people are still defending this turd. Especially citing the $399 founders 3060ti msrp like “ it’s not a price increase “. Yeah but it doesn’t perform any better bro.. Also all upscaling tech is a crutch. FSR, DLSS, frame gen— all of it. It’s a nice to have when your gpu doesn’t have the grunt to run native and these crutches are there to help it punch above it’s weight and maybe extend it’s useful gaming lifespan. Wtf is a $400 card that needs the crutches to hang with current games at 1080p? It’s a 900p maxed out gpu for $400? Eff that. $279 max for any 8GB card brand new in 2023. AMD will eat just as much crow for the 7600 if it’s $300+ and they should. 12gb vram minimum and excellent 1080p and good 1440p for any new cards over $400 or gtfo. The 6700s are already there as many have mentioned.
Remember when the 6gb 1060 launched at $350 and matched the $499 4gb 980? That’s what needs to happen to break the price performance gen on gen stagnation.
Features like DLSS 3 are never a 'free lunch' anyhow. While the overall experience is generally better, it can add artifacts and significantly higher latency even if fps increases.

Those factors are never shown on the pretty green charts.

I am comparing right now product, the actual reality.

That is a dead product. And you still have to explain why the replacement product is priced the same as its predecessor but offers practically zero real world improvement. You can go from not maxing out games to not maxing out games, or maxing out games to maxing out games if they are older/less demanding. Explain why someone would spend money to do that.

The 7600 a quite inferior product to the 4060TI was announced to be what $270, why would Nvidia launch a 4060TI cheaper than the 7600 ?

AMD's products are also over priced.

AMD's products are also over priced.
Like I said if the point was everything right now is overpriced then yes, not sure how we could argue about this without close knowledge of the BOM, R&D and what not.

The original point was this feel more of a $330 or so in spring 2023 to be an ok/good price that move things down than a $250 GPU in the spring of 2023.

explain why the replacement product is priced the same as its predecessor but offers practically zero real world improvement.
Because for some reason, the product they replace were still be able to sell (seemingly) at that high price, normally old GPU should be cheap and then the new GPU need to be a bit better and not much higher or way better to be the same price they were (but still much higher than the old GPU that went down over time).

Now years old GPU are often seen to sell for more than back in the days MSRP, which make possible for offering a very small bump for a small price decrease or no increase.

Features like DLSS 3 are never a 'free lunch' anyhow. While the overall experience is generally better, it can add artifacts and significantly higher latency even if fps increases.

Low latency addition per user reviews and TheFpsReview numbers. Virtually unnoticeable artifacts at normal speed per techpowerup 4060ti review. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-ti-founders-edition/35.html

Last edited:
At $300, a little high but not bad. At $400? Not on your life. Nvidia's lucky quite frankly that most didn't test w/ a 6750xt because it would have beaten it across the board for $70 less. Guru3D did test using the 6750 XT and it's not pretty.
View attachment 572223View attachment 572225View attachment 572226

Some of the 6750xt results are rather interesting over at Guru3d. The performance boost over the 6700xt goes way beyond what the minor clock increases should have given.
Screenshot_20230523_235008_Samsung Internet.jpg

+45% over the slightly lower clocked 6700xt?

Low latency addition and virtually unnoticeable artifacts at normal speed per techpowerup 4060ti review.
Looked, Ctrl-Fed a bit (maybe too quickly) in what seemed the revelant section, google techpowerup 4060ti review latency, do not seem to find their latency numbers in the review ?

Some of the 6750xt results are rather interesting over at Guru3d. The performance boost over the 6700xt goes way beyond what the minor clock increases should have given.
View attachment 572262

+45% over the slightly lower clocked 6700xt?
That one does look a little out of whack but from a reviewer standpoint all of them should have included the refreshed AMD cards anyway, and probably ran tests that weren't completely bonkers for 2023. Running Control is nuts. Running 60% of the benches with Dx11, which NO game released today is DX11, is mental. So I just look the other way because from a testing perspective in the scientific sense most reviewers have become more marketing than anything. There's reviews out there that only used Cyberpunk with High RT as if that's normal. You know how many games have DLSS 3? 40. Yet you listen to reviewers and they would have you believe that DLSS 3 was in all of them. So the guru result? Meh It could be out of whack but then again so are all of the others.

Totally agree, I prefer native ultra quality settings without DLSS

Beats the 6700 XT at all resolutions in most games for the same price, including 4K. The 6700 XT, by the way, has 12GB of VRAM compared to the 4060 Ti's 8GB. I don't see how this is a failure considering AMD has yet to release anything new at this price point.
Why even have 8gb at this point, though - EVERYONE from nonames to these content creator/benchmark reviewers on Youtube are saying how 8gb cards are struggling in gaming. The 4060 Ti should only have 12+ at this point and anyone should only consider the 16gb version. Both AMD and Nvidia have dropped the ball and they don't care because the prices are high and they're not budging much. At least, AMD has kept VRAM 16+ on most of their mid tier and top tier cards. Nvidia cards hover around 8-12GB unless you shell out big bucks for the flagship cards.

Why even have 8gb at this point, though - EVERYONE from nonames to these content creator/benchmark reviewers on Youtube are saying how 8gb cards are struggling in gaming. The 4060 Ti should only have 12+ at this point and anyone should only consider the 16gb version. Both AMD and Nvidia have dropped the ball and they don't care because the prices are high and they're not budging much. At least, AMD has kept VRAM 16+ on most of their mid tier and top tier cards. Nvidia cards hover around 8-12GB unless you shell out big bucks for the flagship cards.
Even the Intel Arc A770 has double the ram of the 4060 Ti

Like I said if the point was everything right now is overpriced then yes, not sure how we could argue about this without close knowledge of the BOM, R&D and what not.

The original point was this feel more of a $330 or so in spring 2023 to be an ok/good price that move things down than a $250 GPU in the spring of 2023.

Because for some reason, the product they replace were still be able to sell (seemingly) at that high price, normally old GPU should be cheap and then the new GPU need to be a bit better and not much higher or way better to be the same price they were (but still much higher than the old GPU that went down over time).

Now years old GPU are often seen to sell for more than back in the days MSRP, which make possible for offering a very small bump for a small price decrease or no increase.
It's shouldn't be our concern how much AMD or Nvidia spend. This is the situation we end up in when they think they can prioritize their margins and they aren't pressured to take whatever they can get.

No wonder they pulled it down, completely absurd. Intel Arc at 199 seems legit. Nvidia's chip is half the size of Intels, but I'm supposed to believe Nvidia needs to charge double to make a profit? 5 nm isn't double the cost of 6nm. They can fuck themselves.
well TSMC 5 costs 80% more than TSMC 6 but yeah... not a full double.

Apparently we often do not really know the actual price big buyer get (could be much cheaper than the numbers thrown around if you accept large commitment with big exit taxes), specially when it is a only for NVIDIA node "N4" like this case.

Last edited:
Then it boils down to what does it REALLY cost to make versus prices sold to us? Now I'm not saying they are having 100%profit margins or anything like that, but if the cost to build the product "doubles" the sale price shouldn't also double... unless that's what they're aiming for as far as a profit margin

Then it boils down to what does it REALLY cost to make versus prices sold to us? Now I'm not saying they are having 100%profit margins or anything like that, but if the cost to build the product "doubles" the sale price shouldn't also double... unless that's what they're aiming for as far as a profit margin
We aren't just paying BOM plus for GPUs. We also have to pay for R&D, etc.

No, but still better than single digit FPS.

View attachment 572441
I was talking about those Maxwell cards and the statement of "all games". There was a time. But even so, likely they did mean 30 fps as well. And 1% lows? I mean, yeah, that's bad, but if we judge by 1% lows, it's possible that all cards stink.

I'm surprised there's no new drivers for the 4060 Ti out today, Hmm
Drivers are for the 16 GB card, you should have spent more.
well them drivers came out today

NVIDIA Releases GeForce 532.03 WHQL Game Ready Drivers

by btarunr Today, 10:21 Discuss (3 Comments)
NVIDIA today released the GeForce 532.03 WHQL Game Ready drivers. These introduce support for the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB desktop graphics card the company launched earlier today. The drivers also come with optimization for "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum." The drivers come with a major update for the AI capabilities of GeForce graphics cards with Tensor cores, promising a 2x performance boost in AI inference performance. Among the handful issues fixed with this release are stability issues with "Age of Wonders 4" and broken Ansel and Freestyle with "Bus Simulator 31."

----

MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Gaming X Trio Review

REVIEW GRAPHICS CARDS
The MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti comes with the best cooler of all RTX 4060 Ti cards that we've tested. The triple-slot, triple-fan thermal solution that could fit a RTX 4070 Ti runs whisper quiet at an impressive 23 dBA and super cool at only 56°C, under full load.
Read Review

PNY RTX 4060 Ti XLR8 Review

REVIEW GRAPHICS CARDS
The PNY GeForce RTX 4060 Ti is a custom-design variant of NVIDIA's newest release. Thanks to its large dual-slot, triple-fan cooler, the card runs whisper quiet and still achieves good temperatures.
Read Review

Palit GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Dual OC Review

REVIEW GRAPHICS CARDS
Palit GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Dual is a factory-overclocked custom design variant with a compact dual-slot, dual-fan heatsink. NVIDIA's new release gives you Full HD gaming at maximum settings in virtually all titles with well over 60 FPS, even playable 1440p is possible in a lot of games.
Read Review

meh, if it's a dumb move by Nvidia, then nobody will buy it.

But who are we kidding? The 1050Ti outsold the RX570 10x even though it was an inferior product at every possible metric.

But who are we kidding? The 1050Ti outsold the RX570 10x even though it was an inferior product at every possible metric.

The Rx 570 wasn't competing against the 1050Ti. It was going against the 1060 3Gb.

AMD had a large price gap between the RX 560 and the RX 570 and the 1050Ti sat right in the middle of that gap.

I swear neither AMD nor NVidia look like they are trying this gen. Like they are putting stuff out because they have too but it’s like they don’t want to.
Like they are both waiting for something else to happen so they can actually start again. In my opinion they are both just kicking the can down the road.

I swear neither AMD nor NVidia look like they are trying this gen. Like they are putting stuff out because they have too but it’s like they don’t want to.
Like they are both waiting for something else to happen so they can actually start again. In my opinion they are both just kicking the can down the road.
Seems to me both companies are suffering from the covid inflation/crypto hangovers and simply have too much old stuff to move and new stuff that isn't nearly as cheap to make anymore. Throw in a recession and this is where we are at.

Waiting for AI this time instead of crypto. The idea of going back to selling graphic cards to gamers isn't what they want, but it is what they'll get. Nvidia's stock up because of AI.

With the amount by which Nvidia's stock increased (due to 14% year on year growth in Data Centres), Nvidia could use that to acquire AMD !!
They would be better off buying their own board manufacturer at this point. Bring their card production in house but yeah.

Back