NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is real

I really hope NVidia brings back the Titan branding. This is stupid. I get who they are selling these too but it’s stupid.

And not into maxing image quality such as ray tracing. I am running a 4K oled 120hz monitor, and I will be buying 4090 at the release - and it still wont be enough for me.......

that's like saying those with 8K displays need the 3090 Ti...of course they do but those are fringe cases...most reviews from reputable sources such as Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed etc are talking about the 'normal' use cases...what is the percentage of people playing on an 8K display etc?...plus you need to factor in the price, performance etc when looking at a product...the 3090 Ti is a terrible buy for 99% of people especially with the 4000 series coming

lol @ nvidia making everyone review the EVGA 3090ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming against the 3090 Founders so the performance seems higher then it really is.

3090 FTW3 Ultra vs 3090ti FTW3 Ultra
What you get: +6.7% boost clock speed, +2.44% cuda cores, +7.7% more memory bandwidth
What it costs: +22.3% more power cost, and +14.6% more money.

This is absolutely a stupid release. They have new cards coming this year. And this is release 18 months after the 3090? I mean if you waited 18 months to buy a 3090ti, you can wait another 6-8 months to buy a card that will be way cheaper and have more performance.

Very bad buy right now.

This is absolutely a stupid release. They have new cards coming this year. And this is release 18 months after the 3090? I mean if you waited 18 months to buy a 3090ti, you can wait another 6-8 months to buy a card that will be way cheaper and have more performance.

Very bad buy right now.
Unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced that the 4xxx will be way cheaper (not to excuse people buying the 3090 Ti now)....

Unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced that the 4xxx will be way cheaper (not to excuse people buying the 3090 Ti now)....
Yeah I'm a bit skeptical on the prices of new cards too. These companies have made record profits and people still scramble for such "great" deals as $700 3070tis and $500+ 3060tis....

in for 100, will sell it to spoiled kids for 3000
j/k
This is what is prob going to happen.

Very bad buy right now.
We don't know when Lovelace is coming out, yet. It's just speculation at this point since the release cycle is typically 18-24 months.

So maybe about 4-5% more performance tops over an AiB 3090 with a bios that allows for boosted power limits to the same power consumption as a 3090ti. Of that, it really feels like much of that additional framerate comes from the better memory.

This silicon has really peaked. Wait for the 40XX cards.

Very bad buy right now.
Do they though…. It might be a 2023 release.

Last edited:
So they though…. It might be a 2023 release.
I would think they would want to release before AMD's RDNA3. All signs point to Nvidia losing the performance crown. Better to get those sales first imo.

Stock is coming in, last night I saw Gigabyte GPUs in stock at newegg. Some people have been waiting to snag something for a year or more. I think it will fill that niche for a few months. The people with money that need a card now. Chances are the people who spend $2000 on a GPU will be able to upgrade to another one in 6 months if they want to because money clearly isn't a concern.

I would think they would want to release before AMD's RDNA3. All signs point to Nvidia losing the performance crown. Better to get those sales first imo.
But the leaked stuff was saying they were going to put that Silicon into Hopper instead and keep with the 3000 sales. AMD may take the crown for a few months but doesn’t have the means to supply the demand. I mean if AMD launches in Oct but NVidia in Feb everybody is going to say “if you can wait the 3-4 months you should”.

The people with money that need a card now. Chances are the people who spend $2000 on a GPU will be able to upgrade to another one in 6 months if they want to because money clearly isn't a concern.
If you flip things well, then you could get a 3090 Ti right now and resell it for minimal, if any, loss when the 4090 arrives.

All signs currently point to Nvidia retaining the crown. I mean real signs though, not MLID dicksucks.

If you flip things well, then you could get a 3090 Ti right now and resell it for minimal, if any, loss when the 4090 arrives.

All signs currently point to Nvidia retaining the crown. I mean real signs though, not MLID dicksucks.
LOL!!! With an MCM approach I don't think Nvidia has anything to combat that. This is why I think they won't retain the crown. They are behind when it comes to MCM technology.

HOF has dual 16 pin.

https://www.techpowerup.com/293410/...dual-16-pin-connectors-1200w-input-capability

RTX-3090-Ti-HOF-OC-LAB_03.jpg

In for a Kingpin, the 3090 Kingpin will be relegated to physx
I'm debating going the route of giving my nephew my 3090, or using it for physx. I got lucky, and managed to be able to get 2 EVGA FTWs, but cancelled my second one, because the card is huge. My case can only support a 3 slot for the bottom card, and this card was too big for it.

Very bad buy right now.

There is a difference between a stupid release and a stupid buy, how much a company would be ready to loose (if anything is lost to start with) for when the Lovelace launch the reviews/press release that annouce the "MSRP" the new 4090 is not priced higher than the previous one when you look at $2000 3090 TI price.

Does the 3090 ti have the same dual sided memory setup as the 3090?

Pointless release and too expensive, with the next generation scheduled to be released later on this year makes this card look rather unattractive.

It really depends on a few factors: restock and supply of lovelace.

I mean, for the 2000 series, there were quality issues when they initially came out. I went through like 8 cards just to get a couple working ones, and I know a ton of people who went through multiple cards too. And that cut down available cards. For the 3000 series, the cards ended up being scalped for over a year to unreasonable prices.

I wouldn't say it's pointless. There are definitely people who the cards are useful for, but perhaps they're not the same people who influencers and mainstream tech sites cater towards.

Does the 3090 ti have the same dual sided memory setup as the 3090?

From want I seen at least front the FTW3 the memory is all on the front side of the card now.

It is single sided now

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1733...cialflow&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

In order to keep the even hungrier beast fed, NVIDIA has also stepped up their game with respect to memory technology, and marking one of the few true technological improvements between the original RTX 3090 and the new RTX 3090 Ti. For their new flagship card, NVIDIA is using second generation, 16Gbit GDDR6X memory chips, which have only recently become available. These higher capacity chips can run faster, and they allow NVIDIA to outfit all 24GB of memory using just 12 chips along the front of the card, instead of having to use the 24 chip clamshell configuration that was employed by the original RTX 3090.

The reduction in memory chip counts not only improves power consumption, but it means NVIDIA and partners no longer have to worry about cooling toasty GDDR6X chips on the back of their cards, which was one of the original RTX 3090’s design drawbacks. Instead, everything is on the same side as the GPU, and can be cooled by the card’s massive vapor chamber and heatsink setup.

Good, and lets hope they never do it again. Such a terrible design when PCIe spec allows for no cooling on that side.
ram on the backside of the PCB has been a common feature of high memory GPUs for a long time. GDDR needs to be placed extremely close to the GPU itself to maintain signalling integrity. The 12 chips around the 3090 is probably the upper limit. AFAIK all 16 chip models have been 8 on each side.

ram on the backside of the PCB has been a common feature of high memory GPUs for a long time. GDDR needs to be placed extremely close to the GPU itself to maintain signalling integrity. The 12 chips around the 3090 is probably the upper limit. AFAIK all 16 chip models have been 8 on each side.
The 290X had all 16 of its 2Gb memory chips on the front of the PCB.

1648661537334.png

Back