NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is real

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-...navi-21-xtxh-gpu-18-gbps-memory-april-launch/

" It is also reported that the Radeon RX 6950XT would be the only Navi 21 graphics card that's being refreshed and that the Radeon RX 6850XT isn't in the lineup. Earlier rumors point out to Radeon RX 6950XT, Radeon RX 6850XT, and Radeon RX 6750XT as the upcoming refresh but we now have to wait and see if all Navi 21 SKUs would be refreshed or just the top SKU."

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-...navi-21-xtxh-gpu-18-gbps-memory-april-launch/

" It is also reported that the Radeon RX 6950XT would be the only Navi 21 graphics card that's being refreshed and that the Radeon RX 6850XT isn't in the lineup. Earlier rumors point out to Radeon RX 6950XT, Radeon RX 6850XT, and Radeon RX 6750XT as the upcoming refresh but we now have to wait and see if all Navi 21 SKUs would be refreshed or just the top SKU."
That is not my understanding from the folks I talk to. Buy who knows. Maybe they think the product stack is becoming too compressed. They could call the damn GPU the JerkMeHarder 500P and they would sell every one they can make. :\

That is not my understanding from the folks I talk to. Buy who knows. Maybe they think the product stack is becoming too compressed. They could call the damn GPU the JerkMeHarder 500P and they would sell every one they can make. :\
Well, we all know WCCFTech will print any rumor. I haven't heard anyone else mention this yet but I haven't gone looking, either.

Well, we all know WCCFTech will print any rumor. I haven't heard anyone else mention this yet but I haven't gone looking, either.
Honestly, it makes sense, on a refresh like this, in this climate, you would probably just do the top GPU in the process stack. Like I said, it starts compressing the product stack in effed up ways otherwise.

Honestly, it makes sense, on a refresh like this, in this climate, you would probably just do the top GPU in the process stack. Like I said, it starts compressing the product stack in effed up ways otherwise.
Also it’s a preemptive flagship, make 15,000 of them for a world wide distribution do a Kingpin one, maybe some with custom EKWB or Corsair water blocks. Let them sit at some ungodly price point for bragging rights and watch the orders pour in.
Then the standard 3090’s can just be made from the dies that don’t quite meet the binning requirements for the 3090ti. Get these out there in name in time for AMD to announce their incremental 5x50xt cards and let the benchmark battle begin.

Also it’s a preemptive flagship, make 15,000 of them for a world wide distribution do a Kingpin one, maybe some with custom EKWB or Corsair water blocks. Let them sit at some ungodly price point for bragging rights and watch the orders pour in.
Then the standard 3090’s can just be made from the dies that don’t quite meet the binning requirements for the 3090ti. Get these out there in name in time for AMD to announce their incremental 5x50xt cards and let the benchmark battle begin.
You would be 100% correct.

I think the 3090 Ti ran into some issues that is going to require a PCB redesign. Given the timeline on that and development of proper cooling solutions, the window may close on it ever becoming a retail product.

You would be 100% correct.

I think the 3090 Ti ran into some issues that is going to require a PCB redesign. Given the timeline on that and development of proper cooling solutions, the window may close on it ever becoming a retail product.
That and the power draw, I’m not sure Samsung has made any major node changes to their 8nm process so these are just made from the minor advances to the process that comes over time but not enough to be called 8+ or 7nm. So these are gonna be hot, thirsty, exotic, and expensive assuming they even bother announcing an MSRP which I doubt as that would imply the existence of a reference board I’m going to say $2999 on the “cheap” side, not a viable consumer retail release, just one of those sponsor branded flagships launches like AMD does with Sapphire and their TOXIC launches.

Last edited:
Man I can see it now Computer cases that need two Power supplies one for the actual computer and one for the video cards. Remember in 2017 when nvidia said they were going to make Video cards power efficiency better over the next 5 years. Guess they scapped that plan. Imagine in 3 years the connector for the video card is the same as the ATX connector for the momma board.

Man I can see it now Computer cases that need two Power supplies one for the actual computer and one for the video cards. Remember in 2017 when nvidia said they were going to make Video cards power efficiency better over the next 5 years. Guess they scapped that plan. Imagine in 3 years the connector for the video card is the same as the ATX connector for the momma board.
The cards are already pretty efficient. A reference 3090 is only supposed to be 350W, and even capped at that it performs well. You only blow past that when overclocking or have some stupid crap like this 3090Ti that is just a factory OC design.

I just don't see cards going much past 400w given that most consumers are going to start hitting limits of being on 15-amp breakers for their room.

HWInfo shows my 3080 hitting 379 watts and it's stock. EVGA FTW Ultra on the stock BIOS.

The cards are already pretty efficient. A reference 3090 is only supposed to be 350W, and even capped at that it performs well. You only blow past that when overclocking or have some stupid crap like this 3090Ti that is just a factory OC design.

I just don't see cards going much past 400w given that most consumers are going to start hitting limits of being on 15-amp breakers for their room.
My newest server Is on a 240, 30A.

Quad Xeon, dual RTX 8000’s

She’s thirsty.

There will be no 3090TI factory, the silicon binning is too sparse. Boutique cards only, OC’d with custom coolers. Probably 3 or 4 8-pin connectors.

My newest server Is on a 240, 30A.

Quad Xeon, dual RTX 8000’s

She’s thirsty.

There will be no 3090TI factory, the silicon binning is too sparse. Boutique cards only, OC’d with custom coolers. Probably 3 or 4 8-pin connectors.
The vast majority of people aren't running 240v, 30a lines to their computer room. That's the point. Marketing a consumer product means dealing with the realities of the power that is available.

The vast majority of people aren't running 240v, 30a lines to their computer room. That's the point. Marketing a consumer product means dealing with the realities of the power that is available.

Also a totally unneeded amount of power when a 15A 120V is 1800W. Computers don’t come anywhere near that even with heavy OCs.

An 800W GPU connected to a 1930s 10A 120V 2-prong knob & tube circuit would still have 400W available for the rest of the computer. I don't think the wall circuit is the limit here.

An 800W GPU connected to a 1930s 10A 120V 2-prong knob & tube circuit would still have 400W available for the rest of the computer. I don't think the wall circuit is the limit here.
Tbf, it really does depend on just how many loads are on the circuit in use.

Buuuut these kind of PC loads are absolutely nothing new. If people haven't had issues in the past when SLI was running rampant, I very much doubt it'll be a problem now.

An outlier, limited quantity, extreme halo SKU doesn't somehow mean theres a slippery slope or industry shift toward GPUs designed without regard for power consumption.

And those hand wringing about its power consumption or price is like being upset that Kingpin cards exist.

Ultimately people shouldn't lose sleep over the design choices that went into a product they're not even the target market for.

Last edited:
I'm still running my 2x 1070TI's in SLI and rocking 4k 2160p gaming. I see no need to upgrade for still some time.

I'm still running my 2x 1070TI's in SLI and rocking 4k 2160p gaming. I see no need to upgrade for still some time.
There's no way in hell i'd be satisfied with that poor level of performance @ 4k with any number of recent titles, but it's great that it's lasting for you.

i have a evga 3090hybrid AND an evga 3070 ftw3 on the same box thats a 3700x and 32gig ram (ie my sig rig)
and is on the same circuit as another rig with a i7 cpu, a evga 1080ti and 3 evga 3070 ftw3s

i have a evga 3090hybrid AND an evga 3070 ftw3 on the same box thats a 3700x and 32gig ram (ie my sig rig)
and is on the same circuit as another rig with a i7 cpu, a evga 1080ti and 3 evga 3070 ftw3s
That's an accomplishment if you can run all of that full tilt. I ran my PC with a 5950x with PBO enabled and 3080 at stock through a kill-a-watt to see what kind of power I was using. Running Prime 95 along with Heaven looping at 1440p was pulling almost 786 watts peak. It would hover in the mid 700 watt range and only dip between loops in Heaven. That's 6.7 Amps at peak and probably 6.25 or so amps sustained. I do have a lot of fans and a pump that are running full tilt during this of course and that adds a good bit to the power draw. But, HWINFO showed max of 220 watts on the CPU and 379 watts on the GPU. So, those two alone were pulling 5 amps. If you sustain 12 amps on a 15 amp circuit, you'll trip the breaker. I'm guessing you're mining with certain wattage targets and/or you are using a 20 amp circuit.

That's an accomplishment if you can run all of that full tilt. I ran my PC with a 5950x with PBO enabled and 3080 at stock through a kill-a-watt to see what kind of power I was using. Running Prime 95 along with Heaven looping at 1440p was pulling almost 786 watts peak. It would hover in the mid 700 watt range and only dip between loops in Heaven. That's 6.7 Amps at peak and probably 6.25 or so amps sustained. I do have a lot of fans and a pump that are running full tilt during this of course and that adds a good bit to the power draw. But, HWINFO showed max of 220 watts on the CPU and 379 watts on the GPU. So, those two alone were pulling 5 amps. If you sustain 12 amps on a 15 amp circuit, you'll trip the breaker. I'm guessing you're mining with certain wattage targets and/or you are using a 20 amp circuit.
If your breaker is popping at only 80% load, something is wrong with either the circuit or the breaker - or both. You should probably have an electrician take a look at this because it is a safety hazard.

One thing I've discovered recently is that GPUs seem to overstate their power draw. Both my kill-a-watt and my PDU report lower outputs than the GPUs connected to them report. Some of this could be the result of different averaging, but the numbers coming off of the GPUs tend to be pretty flat with little to no variation.

You have piqued my interest though. I'm going to see what my kill-a-watt reports when I run Prime95 & Heaven later tonight.

No kidding. I would pop my 15A breaker all the time with 2 systems and an air conditioner.

That's an accomplishment if you can run all of that full tilt

i have 2 rooms on the same circuit. i know because i have popped the breaker 3 times and both rooms shut off. let me just say there is way more load in the other room than this room has. each system has its own APC 1500 va ups as well

If your breaker is popping at only 80% load, something is wrong with either the circuit or the breaker - or both. You should probably have an electrician take a look at this because it is a safety hazard.

One thing I've discovered recently is that GPUs seem to overstate their power draw. Both my kill-a-watt and my PDU report lower outputs than the GPUs connected to them report. Some of this could be the result of different averaging, but the numbers coming off of the GPUs tend to be pretty flat with little to no variation.

You have piqued my interest though. I'm going to see what my kill-a-watt reports when I run Prime95 & Heaven later tonight.
Well, in reality you are right as pretty much no household devices create a continuous load for a long period of time. But, the NEC calls for a 15 amp breaker to break at a sustained load of 80%, which is 12.5 amps. How you define sustained load is where it gets tricky. Something like a heating element pulling full load for a long period of time would probably qualified. I guess if you hammered your computers the right way, you may be able to do it.

A lot of new build houses are cheaping out on the electrical runs. You'll have like 2 spare bedrooms share the same 15amp circuit, so it doesn't take much once you've got a beefy PC running in one to trip it.

And that was my point, you've got more than a computer running on a circuit to a room. You've got the vacuum cleaner. You've got your monitor, your networking gear, your laser printer, etc. So now your wife goes to vacuum the spare bedroom and trips the breaker because your office room is on the same crappy 15 amp circuit.

A lot of new build houses are cheaping out on the electrical runs. You'll have like 2 spare bedrooms share the same 15amp circuit, so it doesn't take much once you've got a beefy PC running in one to trip it.
Wow, really? So my 1940s house shares something in common with even "new" houses lol. Except I already plan on gutting the electrical room by room and redoing it.

I am in the process of removing my knob and tube and aluminum wiring as I find it, super fun times.....
Thankfully I have "normal" circuits with copper wire. I say "normal" because well....they got creative with stretching out those runs.

Wow, really? So my 1940s house shares something in common with even "new" houses lol. Except I already plan on gutting the electrical room by room and redoing it.
I have no idea how it's within code, but it apparently must be. Because they are spare bedrooms there must not be any code requirements since a spare bedroom traditionally wouldn't have much power needs.

Meanwhile, new build homes still have a million breakers/circuits @ 20amp for just about everything due to code. The central air is on it's own. The water heater is on it's own. The microwave is on it's own. The dishwasher is on it's own. The garbage disposal is on it's own. Etc. Of course, none of that helps you when it comes to the spare rooms..

Thankfully I have "normal" circuits with copper wire. I say "normal" because well....they got creative with stretching out those runs.
Yeah, my next gaming rig I am going to focus on solid 1440p I want to decrease the power load on my office. going to be paying really close attention to the 4060/7600xt cards next year.

Yeah, my next gaming rig I am going to focus on solid 1440p I want to decrease the power load on my office. going to be paying really close attention to the 4060/7600xt cards next year.
To be fair, my bone stock 5800x/3080ti system only uses about 470w at the wall full load. It's only when you overclock these things that the power requirements balloon rapidly.

To be fair, my bone stock 5800x/3080ti system only uses about 470w at the wall full load. It's only when you overclock these things that the power requirements balloon rapidly.
Running an OC'd 3900x and 2080TI, in a small office that gets direct sunlight, that room heats up fast.

The difference is that in the 40's that was a reasonable provisioning for power. Today it's crappy companies trying to save a penny even if it screws you. I'd also expect them to have undersized HVAC, slightly cheaper up front; but significantly higher operational costs for the sucker who bought it.

Back