NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti’s GA102-225 GPU Leaked

Krenum

Fully [H]
Coming in from Videocardz , it seems the RTX 3080ti has been leaked. It may also be just a rumor.

"After numerous delays, NVIDIA has finally settled to launch its new enthusiast graphics card in May, multiple source claim. As we approach the launch of GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, the usual cycle of specs and pricing rumors floating around the web has begun. This means that the launch is indeed imminent.

NVIDIA GA102-225 GPU

A source has provided a first photograph of the new Ampere GPU. As reported earlier, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is based on GA102-225 GPU. This variant will feature 10240 CUDA cores and it will be paired with 12GB of GDDR6X memory".
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...02-225-gpu-pictured-and-specifications-leaked

Jerk, I was about to post this. My post is better, though :p
VideoCardz has come by some leaks of the imminent release of the 3080 Ti, including pictures of the GPU and early performance numbers. Unfortunately for perspective gamers the performance leak is for ETH mining, and despite NVIDIA's assurance of limiting ETH performance the numbers look close to what a 3090 is capable of. The 3080 Ti allegedly is getting 119 Mh/s compared to 121 Mh/s with the 3090. It is speculated, however, that this is a prerelease driver given how GPU-Z is unable to identify the video card.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...02-225-gpu-pictured-and-specifications-leaked

A source has provided a first photograph of the new Ampere GPU. As reported earlier, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is based on GA102-225 GPU. This variant will feature 10240 CUDA cores and it will be paired with 12GB of GDDR6X memory.

View attachment 350127

A small note before we go into mining hash rate. It appears that the graphics card is not recognized by the driver. It is possible that the sample being tested dates before NVIDIA introduced its alleged crypto mining limiter. It is said that NVIDIA will be releasing new variants of its entire RTX 30 series which would feature both crypto limiter and ResizableBAR support. Before this was communicated to AIBs, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti qualification samples did not have the limiter. This was revealed by Igor’sLAB. We do not know which qualification sample was tested by the leaker, nor of this score is true, but it is possible that the mining performance represented in this leak actually features a sample that has no limiter implemented.

According to the screenshot, this particular GeForce RTX 3080 Ti sample would offer an ETH mining hash rate of 118.9 Mh/s. That’s a lot. But this is also after optimizations (we can see that the TDP is reduced to 278W and the memory clock is 21.4 Gbps). Such a mining performance would certainly not go unnoticed by miners. After all, literally, the first performance leak of RTX 3080 Ti features mining performance. It just proves how big of a problem it has become.

This leak also reveals RTX 3080 Ti clock speeds of 1365 MHz base and 1665 MHz boost. That’s lower than both RTX 3080 and RTX 3090. A reduction in clock speeds was to be expected though. This model would pose a threat to NVIDIA’s own flagship and that’s something NVIDIA cannot allow to happen. The 12GB GDDR6X memory appears to be set to 1188 MHz by default, which confirms 19 Gbps speed, just as RTX 3080.

View attachment 350128
Opinion that I wasn't going to put into the OP:
Looks like NVIDIA is still trying to go the driver route to limit mining. I am not confident that this will go any better than the 3060 did.

Jerk, I was about to post this. My post is better, though :p
VideoCardz has come by some leaks of the imminent release of the 3080 Ti, including pictures of the GPU and early performance numbers. Unfortunately for perspective gamers the performance leak is for ETH mining, and despite NVIDIA's assurance of limiting ETH performance the numbers look close to what a 3090 is capable of. The 3080 Ti allegedly is getting 119 Mh/s compared to 121 Mh/s with the 3090. It is speculated, however, that this is a prerelease driver given how GPU-Z is unable to identify the video card.

A source has provided a first photograph of the new Ampere GPU. As reported earlier, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is based on GA102-225 GPU. This variant will feature 10240 CUDA cores and it will be paired with 12GB of GDDR6X memory.

View attachment 350127

A small note before we go into mining hash rate. It appears that the graphics card is not recognized by the driver. It is possible that the sample being tested dates before NVIDIA introduced its alleged crypto mining limiter. It is said that NVIDIA will be releasing new variants of its entire RTX 30 series which would feature both crypto limiter and ResizableBAR support. Before this was communicated to AIBs, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti qualification samples did not have the limiter. This was revealed by Igor’sLAB. We do not know which qualification sample was tested by the leaker, nor of this score is true, but it is possible that the mining performance represented in this leak actually features a sample that has no limiter implemented.

According to the screenshot, this particular GeForce RTX 3080 Ti sample would offer an ETH mining hash rate of 118.9 Mh/s. That’s a lot. But this is also after optimizations (we can see that the TDP is reduced to 278W and the memory clock is 21.4 Gbps). Such a mining performance would certainly not go unnoticed by miners. After all, literally, the first performance leak of RTX 3080 Ti features mining performance. It just proves how big of a problem it has become.

This leak also reveals RTX 3080 Ti clock speeds of 1365 MHz base and 1665 MHz boost. That’s lower than both RTX 3080 and RTX 3090. A reduction in clock speeds was to be expected though. This model would pose a threat to NVIDIA’s own flagship and that’s something NVIDIA cannot allow to happen. The 12GB GDDR6X memory appears to be set to 1188 MHz by default, which confirms 19 Gbps speed, just as RTX 3080.

View attachment 350128
Opinion that I wasn't going to put into the OP:
Looks like NVIDIA is still trying to go the driver route to limit mining. I am not confident that this will go any better than the 3060 did.
We can share. I don't mind.

Its not like we will be able to buy em anyway. Its disturbing from a gaming perspective when the first paragraph of the article focuses on Crypto Mining.

I seem to recall though Nvidia stating that there wouldn't be any new cards until 2022?

We can share. I don't mind.

Its not like we will be able to buy em anyway. Its disturbing from a gaming perspective when the first paragraph of the article focuses on Crypto Mining.

I seem to recall though Nvidia stating that there wouldn't be any new cards until 2022?
The most legit rumor that has been around for awhile has been that the 3080 Ti was coming out in May. We've seen pictures of the shipping pallets, so they're coming. I wouldn't be surprised if miners already had their hands on them.

The most legit rumor that has been around for awhile has been that the 3080 Ti was coming out in May. We've seen pictures of the shipping pallets, so they're coming. I wouldn't be surprised if miners already had their hands on them.
Didn't know about that the pallets.

Didn't know about that the pallets.
Hmm, doesn't look like anybody posted it here.
https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-ventus-3x-12gb-spotted-during-transit

1619127320417.png

Yeah it's kind of funny. Why even have a MSRP? Ain't nobody getting this for $1099. I had to win the Best Buy F5 lottery to snag my 3090. Which ended up being hundreds cheaper than the 3080 is currently going for on Ebay.

This market is truly fucked up!

If I was still in the market for a card, I'd just go through EVGA again. That's the only reason I was able to get my hands on a 3090. Put my name in the list and just waited. You can always flip the card if you score something locally (or otherwise) first.

But will it be worth it - performance wise - for people who already have a 3080 especially considering the time / hasssle / more cash? I dunno.

If I was still in the market for a card, I'd just go through EVGA again. That's the only reason I was able to get my hands on a 3090. Put my name in the list and just waited. You can always flip the card if you score something locally (or otherwise) first.

But will it be worth it - performance wise - for people who already have a 3080 especially considering the time / hasssle / more cash? I dunno.
Some of us have been waiting on evga since last year. You got lucky, most of us have not been so lucky. Getting in the first few hours was the only hope, most of us will be in nvidia 5xxx series before the queue gets to us. Entering now is a guarantee you won't get an email until next year the earliest.

Some of us have been waiting on evga since last year. You got lucky, most of us have not been so lucky. Getting in the first few hours was the only hope, most of us will be in nvidia 5xxx series before the queue gets to us. Entering now is a guarantee you won't get an email until next year the earliest.
s/next year/ponzicoins crash again/

What model did you put your name on?

I put mine on a few different ones. The one I got was the most expensive - 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming. The black XC models all never popped. They chose to make the highest margin models and not the lower end ones. Given the scarcity - I'm not surprised.

But given the scalping markup - it actually was better to get the upgraded model fo retail than a lower end model at scalper pricing. I even got a $50 discount (1849 to 1799) for some reason - so I can't complain.

would also recommend keeping an eye out on FS/T - as that's where I scored a 3090 Zotac for my other machine.

Given the word spreading on Chia / storage based crypto - I can only imagine its going to get worse all around for modders / builders in the near future. What can you do? /shrug

haven't there been rumors about the 3080 Ti for the past few months now?...first rumor was an April release...May looks like the real deal though...

haven't there been rumors about the 3080 Ti for the past few months now?...first rumor was an April release...May looks like the real deal though...
Hong Kong retailer HKEPC is saying May 26 for that region.

https://www.hkepc.com/20177/

According to news from Taiwanese graphics manufacturers, the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti card has been confirmed to be officially launched at 9pm (13:00 UTC/09:00 EDT) on May 26, and the media evaluation is one day earlier.

I've always called it T.I. ever since the Geforce 2 / Geforce 3 Ti500. I always knew it was short for Titanium though.

What model did you put your name on?

I put mine on a few different ones. The one I got was the most expensive - 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming. The black XC models all never popped. They chose to make the highest margin models and not the lower end ones. Given the scarcity - I'm not surprised.

But given the scalping markup - it actually was better to get the upgraded model fo retail than a lower end model at scalper pricing. I even got a $50 discount (1849 to 1799) for some reason - so I can't complain.

would also recommend keeping an eye out on FS/T - as that's where I scored a 3090 Zotac for my other machine.

Given the word spreading on Chia / storage based crypto - I can only imagine its going to get worse all around for modders / builders in the near future. What can you do? /shrug
FS/T?

Don’t care if it’s faster than the 3090, I am 180 days in queue and by the public queue information, maybe 30 people ahead of me.
Higher chance of grabbing that vs 3080 Ti.

s/next year/ponzicoins crash again/
Was there reallly a big crash after the first mining craze? I can't say I remember it was, other than that the availability increased. No dirt cheap cards flooding the second hand market that I can remember.

No dirt cheap cards flooding the second hand market that I can remember.

I picked up an RX 580 8G OC for $99 after the crash, new in box. They were going for $75 or so used.

Last edited:
I picked up an RX 580 8G OC for $99 after the crash, new in box. They were going for $75 or so used.
Yeah, maybe AMD was hit harder than Nvidia, but I was still regretting not buying a 1080Ti at full price for years after it was released. Ended up with a slightly faster 2080S in the end, and I'm sure that will have to last me well into 2022 at least.

Back