NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti is going to be announced on May 31st, launching in June - Two Week Delay

Krenum

Fully [H]
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...to-be-announced-on-may-31st-launching-in-june

"The GeForce RTX 3080 Ti announcement has been postponed by two weeks. The original date of May 18th has been changed to May 31st. We have confirmed that NVIDIA is planning to announce both the RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti on the same day. However, product reviews will be split, with RTX 3080 Ti being introduced on June 2nd and RTX 3070 Ti reviews going live on June 9th".

NVIDIA is currently shipping its GA10X-XX2 GPUs with LHR (Light Hash Rate)

What is Light Hash Rate?
https://screenrant.com/nvidia-rtx-30-gpu-lite-hash-rate-crypto-limiter-release/

I would have liked to see the 3070 Ti ship with 10GB of memory, (I believe that should be standard in 2021, imo) but I guess beggars can't be choosers now days.

IF the 3070Ti is just a better binned GA104, it only has 8 memory controllers, so the only way they could do a 10GB config would be to stick 2GB packages on 2 of the ports and then have 8GB of full speed ram, and 2GB at only 25%

IF the 3070Ti is just a better binned GA104, it only has 8 memory controllers, so the only way they could do a 10GB config would be to stick 2GB packages on 2 of the ports and then have 8GB of full speed ram, and 2GB at only 25%
So it’ll be the next GTX 970? Yikes.

Is the delay set to ensure they have sufficient inventory to address demand on launch day?

LMAO, JK!

So it’ll be the next GTX 970? Yikes.
It would be if they were foolish enough to do what Krenum wanted using GA-104s.

Going the other direction would require either massively crippling good GA-102's - not going to happen when they can sell them for a lot more in higher model cards - or using a bunch of barely functional dies. Weird configurations doing that don't normally come out until the very end of a product cycle though when NVidia is looking to clean up their bad parts inventory; and even then they normally are low volume models and either OEM only or released in a single second tier market (eg somewhere in Asia, not the US or EU) because they're a very low volume product.

Like with the 3060 ti, the reviews of inventory will be more interesting here than reviews of the actual product. Sad times...

Breaking, mind-blowing news: 3070 ti is 10% faster than 3070; 3080 ti performs 5% slower than 3090.

Last edited:
I've become desensitised to graphic card news. What's the point of looking at GPU news when you're not going to buy them at scalper prices? By the time GPU prices are nearly sane, I won't be looking at the RTX 3000 series.

Looking forward to the Reddit Ethereum Mining posts on “my 10 new 30X0 Ti hashrates are lower than a 3060 TI, what’s wrong with my new mining rig?”

Looking forward to the Reddit Ethereum Mining posts on “my 10 new 30X0 Ti hashrates are lower than a 3060 TI, what’s wrong with my new mining rig?”
You can look forward to those posts existing for maybe a day before LHR gets cracked, unfortunately.

2 minutes instead of 10 seconds. WOHOO gamers
2 minutes? You're dreaming if you think that long.

That said get ready for bend over and take it pricing but people will defend it as "reasomable" due to the cost of cards on the secondary market.

Back