NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Pricing and Performance Leaked

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
VideoCardz has returned with some key information on the RTX 2060: the card, which will cost $349 and perform similarly to the GTX 1070 Ti, can supposedly provide a “playable experience” in Battlefield V with ray-tracing enabled…in 1080p, at least. (Battlefield V: RT Off: 90 FPS, Battlefield V: RT On + DLSS Off: 65 FPS, Battlefield V: RT On + DLSS On: 88 FPS.)

We can now confirm that GeForce RTX 2060 features 1920 CUDA cores, 240 Tensor cores, 30 RT Cores, 120 TMUs and 48 ROPs. The boost clock of 1680 MHz will be the same for reference and Founders Edition cards. Board partners will offer stock and factory-overclocked models. The RTX 2060 is a mid-range model replacing GTX 1060 from Pascal architecture. Throughout Reviewers Guide, NVIDIA claims it will offer comparable performance to GeForce GTX 1070 Ti.

1070ti grade performance for 350. . .will 6gb effect new titles at high res? Might not be 4k forward, but it's good for smaller displays.

Yeah, the only benefit of these cards to me appears to be the DLSS tech, and even that I'm torn on, since it is essentially just a fancy AI enabled upscaling technique. Sometimes it looks good, and sometimes it is really apparent what they are doing.

$350 is not a "mid-range" price.

I agree. Although I realize that chip manufacturers are including some expensive technology improvements that outpace the rate of inflation, $350 is a lot of money compared to the price of other components, and it's a furious amount of money compared to a console.

I agree. Although I realize that chip manufacturers are including some expensive technology improvements that outpace the rate of inflation, $350 is a lot of money compared to the price of other components, and it's a furious amount of money compared to a console.
I for one do not adopt the inflation cool aid. Homes do inflate in price but then the bubble pops and the prices come crashing down. Cars inflate in price, but then GM and Ford stop making cars cause everyone is buying used cars. Sorry but $350 is not a mid range price, that's what the 2070 should be. The 2060 is should be $250. So what's the 2050 going to be, $250?

This is the problem I'm talking about where the card manufacturers keep making GTX 970 performance graphic cards for around $250 for over 5 years now. We know it isn't going to be $350 because of Nvidia's Founders Bullshit.

I for one do not adopt the inflation cool aid. Homes do inflate in price but then the bubble pops and the prices come crashing down. Cars inflate in price, but then GM and Ford stop making cars cause everyone is buying used cars. Sorry but $350 is not a mid range price, that's what the 2070 should be. The 2060 is should be $250. So what's the 2050 going to be, $250?

This is the problem I'm talking about where the card manufacturers keep making GTX 970 performance graphic cards for around $250 for over 5 years now. We know it isn't going to be $350 because of Nvidia's Founders Bullshit.

I think I paid a little over £300 back in the day for my 4870X2, and at the time that was the fastest thing you could buy. £200 was the more value-oriented high-end segment.

Nowadays, even before RTX, double the cost of my X2 is the new high end. And it's "only" one GPU as well. We really need some real competition again.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I would not pay $350+ for a 6GB GPU.
You are better off buying a 1070ti or 1080 with 8GB for same price (but possibly used)

Reactions: Jza
like this

Well put. I have a 970 now - I'm putting together a new system and need a new GPU. I'm keeping my budget between $300-400 (realizing I'm not getting top of the line). I'm hoping to get 1440p gaming from the card I buy - might be better off smoking something and pretending I'm gaming at a higher resolution.
I'm passing on my current system to one of my kids, otherwise I'd just yank the 970 and use it. For the games I play, it would work ok.

Yeah, the only benefit of these cards to me appears to be the DLSS tech, and even that I'm torn on, since it is essentially just a fancy AI enabled upscaling technique. Sometimes it looks good, and sometimes it is really apparent what they are doing.

DLSS sounded very cool to me reading about it. But I can't actually use it on my 2070 since I game at 2560x1080 and so far the only "game" that supports DLSS is the final fantasy 15 benchmark, such a fun "game" to play, and it only supports DLSS in 4k. So I can't even play that awesome "game" and see DLSS. RTX technology, it just works.

Well put. I have a 970 now - I'm putting together a new system and need a new GPU. I'm keeping my budget between $300-400 (realizing I'm not getting top of the line). I'm hoping to get 1440p gaming from the card I buy - might be better off smoking something and pretending I'm gaming at a higher resolution.
I'm passing on my current system to one of my kids, otherwise I'd just yank the 970 and use it. For the games I play, it would work ok.

You can get a Vega 64 for $400.

I would not pay $350+ for a 6GB GPU.
You are better off buying a 1070ti or 1080 with 8GB for same price (but possibly used)
Or a damn vega with three games. I hope nvudia learns a lesson this series.

DLSS sounded very cool to me reading about it. But I can't actually use it on my 2070 since I game at 2560x1080 and so far the only "game" that supports DLSS is the final fantasy 15 benchmark, such a fun "game" to play, and it only supports DLSS in 4k. So I can't even play that awesome "game" and see DLSS. RTX technology, it just works.

They added support to the game itself a few weeks ago. However, its still limited to 4K res only. Pity that Nvidia is hyper focused on 4K for DLSS, the tech itself is solid and I could definitely see people wanting to use it at lower resolutions.

Is it just me, or has nv priced these cards up one tier from what they should actually be? the 2060 should be $250, the 2070 $350 and so on.

It's not just you; it is literally what they did. The pattern of getting more performance for the money died with this release. When it comes to rasterisation you are getting about the same FPS value you did like two years ago.

I'm hoping AMD has some good announcements soon - I'm watching them for sure.
There's a reason it's leaked and not an actual announcement. Nvidia is waiting for AMD's announcement sometime next year. It would be really stupid if Nvidia released the RTX 2060 for $350 when AMD releases their equivalent for $250. Then again AMD is also kinda waiting for Nvidia cause they definitely wanna keep their prices up high.

Reactions: Jza
like this
Yeah....but that’s dumb when a Red Devil Vegas 56 is $370. Save $30 and then mod your card into performing better than the Vega 64, that’s [H]

Some [H]ere would consider dumb to get a Vega 56 for $370 when a $400 Vega 64 is available, because one can mod a stock Vega 64 to perform better the most expensive factory OCed Vega 56 ever will.

I'm submitting a prediction: Turing prices will instantly drop to what they should have released at when AMDs next-gen arrives.

2060: around $250 +/- $25 range
2070: around $400 +/- $50 range
2080: around $500 +/- $100 range
2080Ti: around $750 +/- $100 range
Titan*: around $1500 +/- $300 range

* a bit of an outlier, so nVidia may continue to price gouge this gaming GPU that's being marketed and priced as a professional GPU.

I'm submitting a prediction: Turing prices will instantly drop to what they should have released at when AMDs next-gen arrives.

2060: around $250 +/- $25 range
2070: around $400 +/- $50 range
2080: around $500 +/- $100 range
2080Ti: around $750 +/- $100 range
Titan*: around $1500 +/- $300 range

* a bit of an outlier, so nVidia may continue to price gouge this gaming GPU that's being marketed and priced as a professional GPU.

I agree prices will come down on Turing once new AMD cards release.
Feel sorry for all the fools who paid the premium because they couldn't wait 6 months.

I was going to post some kind of rant about Nvidia's pricing vs. performance, but it's not worth it. Just another card I won't buy because the price is too high for what you're getting.

Is it just me, or has nv priced these cards up one tier from what they should actually be? the 2060 should be $250, the 2070 $350 and so on.

They had to do it, they have 6 months of old inventory to sell, but have to release the new stuff before AMD. Nvidia fucked this one up, especially if AMD hits them with low prices.

CES is going to be really, really interesting this year - RTX 2060 vs. AMD's latest range.. the rumoured RX 3060, 3070, 3080. If the 3080 leaks pan out, it'll be 2070-ish performance for $250-$300.

That'll completely negate this launch.

Feel sorry for all the fools who paid the premium because they couldn't wait 6 months.
More like feeling jealous that they have the money to buy what they want when they want. Everyone is fully aware they are being gouged with early adopters tax and don't care.

I would imagine all those "fools" will be anxiously awaiting the next great thing by then. If anything I'll just buy another 2080 Ti if prices drop and it doesn't feel like anything new is around the corner.

I wish someone else would get I to this market. I get why they don't, but I feel like the average consumer is taking it in the shorts due to a serious lack of competition. When you can get an i7, decent main board, ram and an SSD for less than the price of a decent video card, something is wrong.

They added support to the game itself a few weeks ago. However, its still limited to 4K res only. Pity that Nvidia is hyper focused on 4K for DLSS, the tech itself is solid and I could definitely see people wanting to use it at lower resolutions.

When they were advertising DLSS at no point did they ever say it was only going to be for 4k

Some [H]ere would consider dumb to get a Vega 56 for $370 when a $400 Vega 64 is available, because one can mod a stock Vega 64 to perform better the most expensive factory OCed Vega 56 ever will.

But not *that* much better. A '56 flashed to a '64 bios is going to do >90% of a full '64. If hbm speed is the same there's dreadful scaling from having 14% more shaders.
The stock vega pcb is pretty overspec'd anyway, going beyond with some fancy-pants card is largely redundant, 'all' you need is a vega 56 with a beefy cooler and a bios flash

Back