NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Pictured, Launches January 7th

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
VideoCardz has shared the first photos of NVIDIA’s lowest-end RTX card, which, unsurprisingly, shares design cues with the other Founders Edition GPUs and is a dead ringer for its big brother, the RTX 2070. The 2060 will supposedly be in stores beginning January 15th for gamers who are seeking a mid-range option; it is said to perform similarly to the GTX 1070.

The 2060 SKU will be announced during CES, quite possibly by Jensen himself during his keynote. The new model will be available in stores starting from January 15th. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Founders Edition features two fans, the design is a copy of RTX 2070 FE. The card is equipped with a single 8-pin power connector and a full-cover backplate. This model features two DisplayPort outputs, HDMI, DVI and USB Type-C connectors.

Id probably like a 1070 at a better price point, especially since i know the 1070 won't catch fire.

GTX2060 Die size 445 mm2 vs GTX1080 Die size 314 mm2
I don't see how this is a good margin for Nvidia compared to Pascal.

it is said to perform similarly to the GTX 1070.

Given Nvidia's pricing for this generation, it will probably be priced at or above the 1070 launch price.

how much is the 1160 going to cost and will it be better then a GTX 1080?

We've seen NVIDIA's platinum and gold. Why not an RTX card in the color of lead?

Source: Wikipedia -- Nuclear transmutation

"...under true nuclear transmutation, it is far easier to turn gold into lead than the reverse reaction, which was the one the alchemists had ardently pursued. Nuclear experiments have successfully transmuted lead into gold, but the expense far exceeds any gain.'"

...unless you're NVIDIA, of course ;)

GTX1070 raster speeds with RT cores for future ray-traced titles?

[or are you kids arguing that BF:V is the typical experience? lol...]

From the specs, looks like if it does it's only half as good as the 2080 ti, which is barely playable itself.

I get 75fps avg/64 min 3440x1440 ultra/rtx low in BFV with a 2080ti. This thing might be good for 1080p.

Might be games less intensive than BFV too. But honestly I wouldn’t and I personally don’t factor rtx into my purchasing decisions.

Pre-mined and everything!

[no we don't compare used stuff with newly-released stuff for a reason]
Yeah with a warranty. Good as new and if not replaced with a RMA.
300-350 for this card is a slap in the face when you can buy a 1070ti at around 350 new and a 1070 at around 300 new.

Last edited:
Yeah with a warranty. Good as new and if not replaced with a RMA.
300-350 for this card is a slap in the face when you can buy a 1070ti at around 350 new and a 1070 at around 300 new.

Which can be bought by the hundreds...

...whatever.

You don't compare new prices vs. used.

I love this discussion about the 2060 card... Because, the next video card I will buy will be the 2150 Ti... Yes, you read that right!

Nah. This round is a sleeper unless you're dropping $1k for 2080ti for ray tracing e-peen.

Yes. The 2060 will be 300-350, there is no way that Nvidia will sell it for less, hit me up in January when the card is released, Ill eat my words if I have to but I doubt it.
It's roughly equivalent to or better than a 1070ti in rasterized gaming, smokes the 1070 and even beats the 1080 in a couple of titles e.g. Wolfenstein New Colossus, so sorry, your "arguement" is fatally flawed.

It's roughly equivalent to or better than a 1070ti in rasterized gaming, smokes the 1070 and even beats the 1080 in a couple of titles e.g. Wolfenstein New Colossus, so sorry, your "arguement" is fatally flawed.

Got the price right on the button, before it was announced! I'm happy. Oh by the way from the leakers of this info "NVIDIA claims it will offer comparable performance to GeForce GTX 1070 Ti."

A side-grade at $350 for 1070ti performance and very likely $300 for the lesser variant of the 2060 which would be 1070 performance.

What a leap in performance, what a leap in price.

Last edited:
If it's above 250$ it's not a midrange card.
Its just that nvidia defines mid-range as 500$, its mid-range to 1000$ you see. Don't worry they are already working into making the mid-range 1000$, mid-range to 2000$, of course.
I agree mid-range tops out at 250.

Back