NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Video Card PREVIEW @ [H]

Consider yourself lucky, I can only do +125 core as +150 crashes! Also 72% asic. (Tested by actual hours of legit gaming, not 3 minute benchmarks ... those pass at +200 core.)

Have you tried upping the voltage in AB after manually allowing it? i can't try at work atm

Edit: Yeah i should have mentioned, benches only at this point, will probably have to lower when gaming i assume.

Last edited:
Have you tried upping the voltage in AB after manually allowing it?

I didn't even try, since mine obviously didn't win the silicon lottery compared to some on ocn. I'm just gonna make a bunch of heat and noise for an extra +65 with no tangible gaming benefit, judging from my past experiences.

I didn't even try, since mine obviously didn't win the silicon lottery compared to some on ocn. I'm just gonna make a bunch of heat and noise for an extra +65 with no tangible gaming benefit, judging from my past experiences.

Yeah your probably right, i may very well be in the same boat once i start gaming haha, though i have run a couple hours of bench loops, not just one run, will see how the OC handles GTA V in cpl weeks anyway

I did flash the 425w rom so that it won't throttle though. That's basically what got me the big boost on og Titan two years ago. Though, Titan X seems better out of the box this time around compared to the original Titan. I think they had that whooped already for 780Ti and Titan Black, so my TiX flash probably doesn't matter much either.

It looks like even 12 GB might not be enough; here's a single card using 11 GB:

lZVpEnY.jpg

That's not 11GB, it's 11.95GB, meaning VRAM usage is pegged.

That looks like Advanced Warfare. Remember that COD:AW is using a lot of different caching in memory for shaders and other precompiled stuff. COD:AW also has some insane downscaling options available. At the 16x supersampling that is available in the game we could easily see VRAM usage go through the roof.

That's not 11GB, it's 11.95GB, meaning VRAM usage is pegged.

Slightly less, actually. This is RAM, and thank god we still use powers of two in RAM figures (unlike that disastrous ISO standard that resulted in a TB and a TiB differing by about 100GB)

So 11950MB is 11.67GB. Your second point still stands though :p

Zarathustra[H];1041523569 said:
Slightly less, actually. This is RAM, and thank god we still use powers of two in RAM figures (unlike that disastrous ISO standard that resulted in a TB and a TiB differing by about 100GB)

So 11950MB is 11.67GB. Your second point still stands though :p
If you want to be pedantic, sure. It's using 11950MB / 12288MB, or 97.2493489583% of total capacity ;).

My Titan X crashed today with a mild overclock, and core MHz got stuck at 596. Reboot didn't help. Power cycle didn't help. I had to actually unplug the PC for a minute!

Yeah that happened to me too Xorbe
Ran Heaven for few hours then done a benchmark:

Capture.png

+200core +500mem, 110% power target, stock voltage and bios

Best Firestrike Ultra i could do(43 overall atm for single gpu, 7th for my specific cpu/gpu combo):

Capture.png

+260core +500 mem

Last edited:
Are you guys doing these OCs on stock air or under water?

If on air, what max temps are you getting for gaming?

My Titan X only goes to 596 if I try to push past 1602 on the core. I haven't messed with it lately... To busy with my next build this card will end up in.

Currently sitting at 1425 on the core and stock on the memory until I get my waterblocks on it. Too lazy to flash down from 1.275V and the ref cooler can't handle a much higher clock.

I will tell you Precision X if left open seems to hurt stability for me. I have more luck monitoring in afterburner for whatever reason. Been stable for days w/ afterburner.

lZVpEnY.jpg

Some games are going to use all your vram... So what? Does it mean it's hurting performance? Or does it mean it's caching? I personally don't care if I have 1gig of vram and someone else is pegging 1200 gigs of vram on their supercharged mega titan Xtreme.... If I can get 60fps then 60fps is what I get and could care less what some software program says.

[H] really needs to do some testing on all this vram hype, not just by fps numbers but by real world gameplay and stuttering. Seems like this is all that pc gaming has left since games haven't advanced graphically since Crysis 1... Geez....

My Titan X only goes to 596 if I try to push past 1602 on the core. I haven't messed with it lately... To busy with my next build this card will end up in.

Currently sitting at 1425 on the core and stock on the memory until I get my waterblocks on it. Too lazy to flash down from 1.275V and the ref cooler can't handle a much higher clock.

I will tell you Precision X if left open seems to hurt stability for me. I have more luck monitoring in afterburner for whatever reason. Been stable for days w/ afterburner.

Funny thing about the 596mhz, i have found it is reporting that, but is actually your overclocked mhz.

Example, overclocked card, ran firestrike, msi afterburner overlay read 596 whole time, yet i got my highest ever score, so it had to be running at the mhz i had set.

Man, the Titan X sells for $CAD 1,350 in Canada.
The weak dollar is killing us. :mad:

Its your price down there including/excluding tax? US prices are customary w/o tax.

This is including tax. I can order 2 from the US and pay approx. $2750 AUD inc. delivery and import/tax fees, or I can get 2 locally for a of minimum $2998 AUD not including postage.

So I could save ~$250 if I buy from the US.

Only problem, is there is still no stock anywhere, not in the US and not here either.

I've been enjoying the hell outta these things for the past week. They were $1370.00 CAD each (damn you weak dollar!) but man... the performance gap between my 980 SLI and TITAN X SLI setup is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I've been enjoying the hell outta these things for the past week. They were $1370.00 CAD each (damn you weak dollar!) but man... the performance gap between my 980 SLI and TITAN X SLI setup is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

As I recal it is about 30-40% performance increase isn't it? But also 100% price increase or more.

Back