NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Video Card PREVIEW @ [H]

Try gaming for 2-3 hours. I've had to slowly drop my overclocks, black screen tdr to desktop after extended gaming sessions, I'm at +175 core now.

So impressed with my first Titan X I ordered a second one for some SLI action.

I can understand 2 cards, but them ocners buying 3 and 4 just to get on the bench charts are insane!
w3YG3i8.gif

I can understand 2 cards, but them ocners buying 3 and 4 just to get on the bench charts are insane!
w3YG3i8.gif

I game at 7680x1600. I'm going to try and wait for a drop to 20nm, but I could totally use 3 Titan X's for some of the games out there. Luckily, I mostly play older games right now, as none of the newer games have really caught my attention.

w3YG3i8.gif

I've done the Tri-SLI/Quad and Tri-Fire and the scaling just wasn't there. SLI/CF seems to be best for multi-gpu in my experience.

How does the single Titan X handle your Swift? Do you feel adding a second Titan will improve your experience much at 1440p/144Hz with Gsync?

How does the single Titan X handle your Swift? Do you feel adding a second Titan will improve your experience much at 1440p/144Hz with Gsync?

To be honest it will probably allow me to peg out a few games at 144Hz, but I'm really shooting for a 4K monitor in the near future. Otherwise a single Titan X was fine for the Swift IMO because of G-sync.

w3YG3i8.gif

It's OCN, they'd rather max out their credit cards than lose a place on the top 20 list.

On that note, [H] may have its own share of trolls and fanboys, but [H]'s got nothing, NOTHING on OCN. That place is like the Encyclopedia Dramatica of hardware forums I swear.

I game at 7680x1600. I'm going to try and wait for a drop to 20nm, but I could totally use 3 Titan X's for some of the games out there. Luckily, I mostly play older games right now, as none of the newer games have really caught my attention.

Yeah that's a lot of pixels to push, ouch.
1SSDQ9G.gif

w3YG3i8.gif

Absolutely right i got 2x Titans at first since i had 2x 980s so i thought to see some improvements i would need 2x Titans.
I tried them out for 2 days of gaming and honestly if you use anything bellow 4k there is absolute no need for 2, so i sold my 2nd one i just cant justify the price for something i cant notice unless i bench, so when i see people buying 3-4 makes me wonder.

I play on 2560x1600 and i have every game locked on ultra to 60fps and they all go over 100fps or more with vsync off, i'm sure you can play on 4k with one if you lower some setting here and there.

What i found is 1x Titan X gives you smoother experience then 2x980 not to mention no messing around with SLi profiles etc....

Absolutely right i got 2x Titans at first since i had 2x 980s so i thought to see some improvements i would need 2x Titans.
I tried them out for 2 days of gaming and honestly if you use anything bellow 4k there is absolute no need for 2, so i sold my 2nd one i just cant justify the price for something i cant notice unless i bench, so when i see people buying 3-4 makes me wonder.

I play on 2560x1600 and i have every game locked on ultra to 60fps and they all go over 100fps or more with vsync off, i'm sure you can play on 4k with one if you lower some setting here and there.

What i found is 1x Titan X gives you smoother experience then 2x980 not to mention no messing around with SLi profiles etc....

I'm only running one Titan X right now with my 3440x1440 and I am wondering if I could get by with one. I doubt I could for some games I want to play this year. Given, I haven't played FC4 yet. Only BF4, Legos (kids), and Borderlands 2.

Then I remember my daughter already tore down the 2nd one so it's ready for the waterblock. :D

I've done the Tri-SLI/Quad and Tri-Fire and the scaling just wasn't there. SLI/CF seems to be best for multi-gpu in my experience.

Data from pcper frametimes supports this 80% of the time. TriSLI made the experience similar or worse most of the time compared to SLI.

They say the price is niche... well not that much...
A good GTX980 is around 730,
A Titan X goes around 33% faster and enables 4K gaming truly.
so 730$ + 33% = 970.90
If you have the $$ to have a 4K monitor, the extra 40$ is peanuts.

And for us poor folks we'll have about 25 pounds of peanuts... to enjoy on our sub 4k monitors :)

When I bought 2 gtx 580s to SLI it was at $500 each back in the day.

Out with the old... in with the new!

Before someone asks, the "desk" in the second picture is a lab bench in my home office where I work on projects. :D

I can confirm, running two SLI-ed Titan Xs with the ROG SWIFT is pretty friggin' amazing.

Been playing Shadows of Mordor and even with the janky SLI profile that game runs amazing, rarely dropping below 80fps.

If you only care about hitting 60fps, then one card is fine. For those of us spoiled (ruined?) by 1440p/144hz two of these suckers in SLI is the way to go.

I can confirm, running two SLI-ed Titan Xs with the ROG SWIFT is pretty friggin' amazing.

Been playing Shadows of Mordor and even with the janky SLI profile that game runs amazing, rarely dropping below 80fps.

If you only care about hitting 60fps, then one card is fine. For those of us spoiled (ruined?) by 1440p/144hz two of these suckers in SLI is the way to go.

Very cool! Acer Predator XB270HU en route - arrives tomorrow.

980ti incoming:

http://videocardz.com/55299/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-to-be-released-after-summer

Can't believe there is a $400 saving from the Titan X by taking off 6GB Ram.

Videocardz said:
The GeForce GTX 980 Ti would arrive late summer or after summer, so probably in September. It would be the last single-GPU high-end part before Pascal.

Right, because yields for 600mm^2 monster dies are such that nVidia can freely throw away any imperfect GM200 chips like a boss.

980ti incoming:

http://videocardz.com/55299/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-to-be-released-after-summer

Can't believe there is a $400 saving from the Titan X by taking off 6GB Ram.

We're still a long ways off for this card let a lone Pascal. The Titan X JUST came out - can't we at least enjoy it and let it have its limelight for a bit first?

In related news I just got my EVGA GTX Titan X Superclocked from newegg today - won't have time to play with it until this weekend but should be fun! :D

We're still a long ways off for this card let a lone Pascal. The Titan X JUST came out - can't we at least enjoy it and let it have its limelight for a bit first?

In related news I just got my EVGA GTX Titan X Superclocked from newegg today - won't have time to play with it until this weekend but should be fun! :D

Im pretty sure Nvidia have stuck their middle finger up in the past at people who just bought an expensive card, by having a faster card at a lower price released not long after.

This is pretty much the same deal that happened with the original TITAN and GTX 780, when the 780 launched a little more than 3 months after TITAN in much the same way (same core, higher clock speed, less memory). Given this precedence I would not be surprised at a similar launch price, either ($649 US).

That's gota sting..

I'd hope that people that bought the TITAN X knew what they were getting into. 980 Ti or "cheap" TITAN X (whatever it'll be called) was always something that was coming next and pretty well-known.

No sting here. My cards are physically in my box now. There's always something better/faster/cheaper/more! :cool:

I'd hope that people that bought the TITAN X knew what they were getting into. 980 Ti or "cheap" TITAN X (whatever it'll be called) was always something that was coming next and pretty well-known.

No sting here. My cards are physically in my box now. There's always something better/faster/cheaper/more! :cool:

My Titan X should be shipping soon (just ordered it from nvidia yesterday). It'll replace my current GTX Titan. I know there will always be something better that comes out. That's fine with me. In 2 years I might upgrade again.

Im pretty sure Nvidia have stuck their middle finger up in the past at people who just bought an expensive card, by having a faster card at a lower price released not long after.

Yeah, I mean welcome to the computer industry... been progressing at a pretty fast rate for past few decades.

I really doubt they'd price it there, as then they'd have to make every GPU under it (980, 970, 960) a lot cheaper. My guess is they slot it into $750-800 range.

Not really, I'd say the 970 could stay where it is. The 980 is kind of overpriced relative to it. Dropping the 980 to ~$450 would balance things out.

Back