Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club

Oh nothing that high. I think I pegged all the upper freqs to 1.21v, and I raised the min floor from 0.86 to 0.95v on the low end.

Oh ok. Nothing too crazy. You have some balls if you truely overvolt these cards (1.4V+). I settled in to 1.25V, 1450/8000, 30-40C under load. No issues with The Witcher 3 or Minecraft for a few days now. I'm pretty happy with these buggers!! I hope to get a few solid years out of them.

how does it feel like owning the Titan X and spending a thousand bucks for it? (not starting a flame war or inciting a long page argument) I just need to read the personal opinions of owners of this "Luxurious" GPU, hell can't barely even stomach the price of a GTX 980! I am an owner of a GTX 970 BTW.
Another thing is it overkill if I will pair it with an i5 4690K or a bottleneck? (If I will experience a miracle to earn money to but the Titan X)

I bought 2 x of them literally on opening day from Nvidia Direct. Before that, I had 2 x 980s. Before that I had 1 x Original Titan. So I guess you can tell I've bought nvidia flagship cards for quite a while, and feel pretty good about it or I wouldn't keep buying them. I'll be buying 2 x Titan IIs (or whatever they call the next flagship) when they drop...

Buy what you like and try to be happy about it.

how does it feel like owning the Titan X and spending a thousand bucks for it? (not starting a flame war or inciting a long page argument) I just need to read the personal opinions of owners of this "Luxurious" GPU, hell can't barely even stomach the price of a GTX 980! I am an owner of a GTX 970 BTW.
Another thing is it overkill if I will pair it with an i5 4690K or a bottleneck? (If I will experience a miracle to earn money to but the Titan X)

4690k shouldn't be a bottleneck for any single card.

I love my Titan X SLI. As for cost, it's not a lot of money in the scheme of things. Gaming is relatively cheap as far as hobbies go. If your budget is tight you already have a good GPU. Perhaps save up for the Pascal Titan.

Last edited:
Nice case! I loved it so much I bought the mini version for my server.

Also, no one should be hating on us in this thread. This is like our safe haven from people saying we paid too much.

Also, no one should be hating on us in this thread. This is like our safe haven from people saying we paid too much.

No doubt. Last time I checked my system wasn't crowd funded so they can keep their opinions to their-selves (unless I'm asking)... :p

The air cases are nice but are too big for me. My wife bought a desk years ago that basically restricts me to a Fractal R5 or Corsair 330R (with the feet off). The nice thing is both those mid towers can fit a EATX and full size PSUs. :) I have my cooling system in the basement so I dont' have to worry about noise or trying to cram all that crap into a mid size.

My biggest fear right now in computer hardware land is DX12 works fantastic with multiGPU and I end up buying 4x Pascal Titans. I think this fear fits snuggly into first world problems...

OK, I hate you, not because of your computer (as I have 3 video cards, 2 of which are Titan X's), but how neat and managed it is. My computer is miserable trying to get things in and out. OK, sure, I have 12 HDDs, and every PCI slot taken up, but I'd love it if I could get that organized.

Follow the hoses from the pump, where he has them resting above the RAM. See how it's making a sharp turn up to the radiator? I'm going to be fair and say he only did this for the glamour shot.

I'd agree it's probably putting unnecessary strain on it.

But who doesn't like glamour shots? Haha.

hahaha... I built that machine...there is NO strain or kinks on any part of the hoses or block fittings...these either...just sayin'

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Last edited:
Follow the hoses from the pump, where he has them resting above the RAM. See how it's making a sharp turn up to the radiator? I'm going to be fair and say he only did this for the glamour shot.

It's an "S" only thing kinky (as in Sexy) is my Husband PC's in the pic above here ;)

Question for all of you water cooled users....the EVGA serial sticker is on one of the chips that needed a thermal tape.Did you put the tape over the sticker or move the sticker?

Question for all of you water cooled users....the EVGA serial sticker is on one of the chips that needed a thermal tape.Did you put the tape over the sticker or move the sticker?

Moved the sticker. It's non conductive and it's easy to pull up and put back down. I just put it across some traces instead of on top of the memory. Maybe I voided my warranty but knowing evga's customer service, i doubt it.

Moved the sticker. It's non conductive and it's easy to pull up and put back down. I just put it across some traces instead of on top of the memory. Maybe I voided my warranty but knowing evga's customer service, i doubt it.
There is a post somewhere on the EVGA forums where an employee said that so long as the sticker is intact and the serial number can be read then your warranty is still good. I moved the sticker to above the PCI-E fingers when I installed the ACX cooler.

Well, I feel better now. I moved it when I installed my block... :D It came off really easy with no issues or residue on the chip.

Last edited:
Haven benchmark reports only 4GB in that card? It's got 12

The backplate is preventing the GPU from being installed in the first PCI-E X16 slot. The Sound blaster Z's casing occupies all of its PCI-E slot space, which does now allow back plates on the GPU right underneath.

I have the same problem with my 970 and PCE-AC68u

Is this really so and if so why? How about the wisdom of graphics card should occupy the first slot (which is x16)? Or is this from priority of aesthetics over tech, in the right place like red nails :confused: :D.

I figured that board has a PCI x2 slot above the first x16 slot, hence why the soundcard is there. My Asus board is that way. I had a tv tuner above my GPU's.
This is my board
p8p67-deluxe_slots_large.jpg

I figured that board has a PCI x2 slot above the first x16 slot, hence why the soundcard is there. My Asus board is that way. I had a tv tuner above my GPU's.
This is my board
p8p67-deluxe_slots_large.jpg
The first slot on my Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H is a PCI-E x1 slot, so my Sound Blaster Z also occupies that slot.
1375169267ac4bgSJ7kS_1_8_l.jpg

Is this really so and if so why? How about the wisdom of graphics card should occupy the first slot (which is x16)? Or is this from priority of aesthetics over tech, in the right place like red nails :confused: :D.

Sound Z is in PCIe 2.0 x 1 slot at the top, see pic the butterfly locks are PCIe 3.0 x 16 slots where my 2 Titans X's are.

600.png

DSCF2057_zpsftgc2znw.jpg

Looking at those TItan X going for the price of a 980 ti on ebay (ti is 750€ where I live)... I think I might bite.
The custom 980 tis have disappointed me, apparently none of them are really quiet and I don't overclock GPUs, ever. (I'm done with overclocking CPUs too but that's another matter entirely) Plus my case has great airflow, so it's irrelevant to me whether the card is at 60c or 80c under load really.

According to techpowerup the Titan X is as quiet as the Gigabyte 980 ti, not great but not the end of the world either. Makes me really lean towards just grabbing a Titan X assuming I find one for a good price. That and the fact it's so easy to sell a 970, I even have a colleague who'd like one :p

I have to wonder why people are selling Titan X's for $750 on eBay. That's quite a loss... nothing out that is better.

It's not the same situation since the Titan X has more cores than the 980ti. The original Titan had less cores than the 780ti. Not to mention the Titan X has 12GB vs the 980ti's 6GB, which may matter in SLI / triSLi 60Hz.

I am more or less curious why someone would ditch a Titan X. It's certainly not to get a faster card, unless I am missing something.

Selling Titan X and buying 2x 980ti would be cheaper than buying second Titan for SLI - at least that's the only sane explanation I can find.

Looking at those TItan X going for the price of a 980 ti on ebay (ti is 750€ where I live)... I think I might bite.
The custom 980 tis have disappointed me, apparently none of them are really quiet and I don't overclock GPUs, ever. (I'm done with overclocking CPUs too but that's another matter entirely) Plus my case has great airflow, so it's irrelevant to me whether the card is at 60c or 80c under load really.

According to techpowerup the Titan X is as quiet as the Gigabyte 980 ti, not great but not the end of the world either. Makes me really lean towards just grabbing a Titan X assuming I find one for a good price. That and the fact it's so easy to sell a 970, I even have a colleague who'd like one :p

FYI I'm messing around with a Gigabyte G1 980 Ti right now and have it overclocked to 1504 boost clock so far. Exceptionally quiet, I really can't hear it over the other fans in my case which is a HAF 932. The Titan-X/980 ti stock HSF is much, much louder than this. I have a custom fan curve set to max out at 80% at 70 C and it's staying around 65 C without issue, I haven't yet overclocked the VRAM but I doubt it will make more than a few degrees difference to the overall temp.

So if you intended on keeping the G1 completely stock I'm sure you'd be very satisfied with how silent it is, but even overclocking it's still exceptionally quiet IMO.

I had a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 before and while it was audible the noise definitely wasn't an issue (I'd call it a "clean" noise). I assume the 980 ti version should be somewhat close (maybe a bit louder because of the higher TDP but shouldn't be drastic, I could barely reach 60c under Furmark in summer with my 670)

If the bids go crazy on those Titans I'll be looking at a 980 ti for sure, possibly importing one from the US if the prices don't come down to a reasonable level here.

As soon as my package from eVGA arrives I'll be a Titan X Owner as well. :D

AceGoober_eVGA_Titan_X_004.jpg

Received the card, installed and I'm impressed with gaming performance. I wish it had FP32/64 implemented but it is as it is.

Case hasn't had the sides on it for over a week. As soon as I get the cable management taken care of I'll break out the dust buster and take better pics.

AceGoober_eVGA_Titan_X_005.jpg

Just going to drop these in here...

Finally got everything set up the other day. Yes that's an air cooler in there (I had to draw the line somewhere - I'm saving up for the inevitable water-cooling).

The images on those monitors looks pretty horrid, but these pictures were taken on my phone camera which is garbage, and also in the dark @ night. Irl, the image quality on those monitors is fantastic. And the game up currently is guild wars 2 in 7680x1440, all settings on max.

Back