NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Video Card Review @ [H]

1 x ($659.99) EVGA 03G-P4-2784-KR GeForce GTX 780 Video Card $659.99
1 x ($-50.00) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE$-50.00
Subtotal: $609.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $3.99
Total Amount: $613.98

YUMMY! :p

That's pretty much what my order status looks like too.... Card arrives tomorrow.

800 series will be new archtiecture. That's how it's been recently though. Gtx 4xx and then gtx5xx is a refresh.

Thinking Ill hold out for the next Dual GPU card Nv puts out.Seems they got it right (finally) with the 690..Thinking the next Dual GPU will be 780 based as a Titan based one will be either insanely priced or not as efficient as a 780 based one. Gotten comfortable at the $1k price point so I will hold my 690 till then.

Thinking Ill hold out for the next Dual GPU card Nv puts out.Seems they got it right (finally) with the 690..Thinking the next Dual GPU will be 780 based as a Titan based one will be either insanely priced or not as efficient as a 780 based one. Gotten comfortable at the $1k price point so I will hold my 690 till then.

Not a bad plan. I loved my 690s.Maybe they'll "spoil" us with the 790 and put 12GB of RAM in it...price it slightly over $650x2...not bad.

Not a bad plan. I loved my 690s.Maybe they'll "spoil" us with the 790 and put 12GB of RAM in it...price it slightly over $650x2...not bad.

Dont know about the 12GB but $1200 sounds about right and Ill bite..Gotta blow my socks of though! :D
How did you like Quad 690? Also considered picking another one up.Could probably score one around $700 now. I guess Ill have to compare quad 690 to 790 if it happens.

Anyone have any info on when the Non reference PCB will be released from Asus, MSI and EVGA?

I want to replace my reference GTX 580 and I'm waiting for an Asus DC II OC or an EVGA CLassified.

Galaxy has some very interesting projects in the works right now. Can't share any specifics but I think you guys are going to like what we've got coming. All I can say is "soon."

Galaxy has some very interesting projects in the works right now. Can't share any specifics but I think you guys are going to like what we've got coming. All I can say is "soon."

Is soon before August? That is when I'm planning to get a 780. Right now you guys are on the top of my list so I'm interested in seeing what you've got in the works.

Is soon before August? That is when I'm planning to get a 780. Right now you guys are on the top of my list so I'm interested in seeing what you've got in the works.

Soon is soon. If I could say more I would but as always I'm sworn to secrecy. Such is the sacred duty of a marketing guy.

Soon is soon. If I could say more I would but as always I'm sworn to secrecy. Such is the sacred duty of a marketing guy.

We demand... 6GB 780!!!... :D

Seriously though, I might just get a 6GB card, if the price is reasonable. I am waiting to see what the 780s look like once you VARs have made some customizations, then I think maybe I get one.

I'd love a voltage-unlocked 780... but I'd be surprised to see one :p. Gotta love NDA's, don't you ;)? Even if we were, you couldn't tell me...

I wish I knew how long the reference coolers were going to stick around. I really don't need a second card, but if they are going to drop the Titan-style cooler, I may just go ahead and get a matched set now.

I wish I knew how long the reference coolers were going to stick around. I really don't need a second card, but if they are going to drop the Titan-style cooler, I may just go ahead and get a matched set now.

Not too much longer but I'm sure they will still be available on ebay for the next 6 months so that should give you enough time to decide.

Well I dont think a dual 780 aka 790 will be $1,300 but it won't be $999 either. I'm gonna guess it's going to sell for $1199.

Just received my two cards yesterday. Big difference over the 680's I had before.

On a side note, is a multi-card review still in the plans? I think everyone else has had theirs out for quite some time now.

Titian be gone. A marketing gimmick when Nvidia had nothing else to drop. The price point of the 780 should make that clear. So double the $$ of a 780 and?
Of course we are approaching AMD's next drop (although maybe not high end?) so $$ may change. DOWN!

Titian be gone. A marketing gimmick when Nvidia had nothing else to drop. The price point of the 780 should make that clear. So double the $$ of a 780 and?
Of course we are approaching AMD's next drop (although maybe not high end?) so $$ may change. DOWN!
a Titan costs 54% more than a 780 not 100% more. still a rip off but lets not exaggerate.

cannondale06, you have to read a few posts to get the concept of a conversation THREAD.
Never said a Titan costs %100 more than a 780. Seriously, what you smokin?
" Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
Well I dont think a dual 780 aka 790 will be $1,300 but it won't be $999 either. I'm gonna guess it's going to sell for $1199."
Me "So double the $$ of a 780 and? "
$1300 or less ? Ya pretty fucking close right? Not %100 more right?

cannondale06, you have to read a few posts to get the concept of a conversation THREAD.
Never said a Titan costs %100 more than a 780. Seriously, what you smokin?
" Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
Well I dont think a dual 780 aka 790 will be $1,300 but it won't be $999 either. I'm gonna guess it's going to sell for $1199."
Me "So double the $$ of a 780 and? "
$1300 or less ? Ya pretty fucking close right? Not %100 more right?
fair enough but not everyone can know exactly what you are referring to nor should they have to backtrack through the thread to try and figure it out. you could have been more clear or at least used the quote feature.

Just got my 780. Reference Gigabyte model. Seems to overclock well to +150 core, but I will put off any further attempts until we get drivers more stable than 320.xx

Back