NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

HardOCP News

[H] News
In the market for a budget GPU? There is a review of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti posted at Neoseeker today worth checking out.

If you thought NVIDIA's Geforce GTX 650 trimmed a little too much out of Kepler in order to bring DirectX11 to the masses, you'll be pleased to know the GTX 650 Ti is designed to occupy the slightly beefier mid-range with 768 CUDA cores and a 925MHz core reference clock. It also aims at the market spot between AMD's Radeon HD 7700 and 7800 cards.

Give me a low profile version and I'm there... Hell, I'd probably buy two.

Last edited:
nvidia needs something between the 650Ti and the 660. The performance difference between the 2 is massive.

Its kind of weird that the GTX660 can keep up with the GTX580, but the 650Ti can barely match a GTX460SE

nvidia needs something between the 650Ti and the 660. The performance difference between the 2 is massive.

Its kind of weird that the GTX660 can keep up with the GTX580, but the 650Ti can barely match a GTX460SE

I've got one and I have it OCed to a stable 1176 on the GPU and 1601 on the mem side. At that speed it beats my friend's 470GTX in pretty much any game I've tried it with. It seems to be a little bit behind another friend's 7850 as well. The 7850 is clearly faster but the Ti handles it's self well compared to it.

Just saying. It needs to be cheaper but it's actually a pretty decent card once OCed. I wish they would make a low profile version.

i bought one. I use is only for physx in combination with my ati 7970. it does the physx part very well.

It's too bad that they castrated the card with only 16 ROPs. At a lower price, I'd say it's a good card, but since a GTX 660 could be had after saving a little more money, and since the HD-7850 is so similar in price, the card becomes irrelevent. :(

That's my frustration with wanting to upgrade and preferring nVidia. Every card in their lineup needs to come down one notch on the price segment scale, and they are sitting on their hands. 460s were regularly available in the mid-low $100s back in their heyday, and yet 560 series cards are still priced at $200+ even after the 600-series rendered that completely ridiculous.

The 650Ti is the card that the 640 should have been, the 650 non-Ti shouldn't even exist, the 660 should be in the mid-$100s and the 660ti should be at or just over $200. The fact that 670s are starting to move closer to $300 just proves the point.

I'm really interested in this card as well. I'm selling some other stuff to grab it for a Linux gaming machine. Anybody tested it in Linux yet?

I really wish they would release something that will replace my aging GTS250 1GB 256bit low profile card

I think a GTX650TI 2GB 128bit would run better and about the same temps as the expected current draw is nearly the same.

My slimline gaming machine needs a boost in gfx for new games or I will be forced to swap into a full size case or do some external gpu action which I would like to avoid :mad:

Performs decently for my desired setup, which was portability. The motherboard is actually a Micro-ATX so I can replace that with a newer one if needed.

The core computer before upgrades was only $200 new, and saved me $200-300 even after upgrades. It was smaller than trying to build my own backpack sized computer full custom at the time in late 2009 :p

Keep in mind these are after the initial install, it has since been cleaned up(wiring)

354b88dc.jpg

7d31462d.jpg

3d1905ac.jpg

http://photobucket.com/cq4010f (password is the model number in the url

Back