NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Rumored with 1536 CUDA Cores

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
VideoCardz has heard from two sources that NVIDIA’s first Turing-based card under the GTX brand will be the GTX 1660 Ti. It’ll feature a TU116 graphics processor and 1536 CUDA cores, which puts it behind the 2060. “Essentially, this card lacks ray tracing features of RTX series, which should (theoretically) result in a lower price.”

On a contrary to some rumors, our sources claim that GTX 1660 Ti still features GDDR6 memory and a 192-bit bus. So far we have not heard anything about GDDR5(X) variants. The launch date is not yet set. The new card is likely to be released as GTX 1060 series will fully disappear from the market, so probably not long from now.

Its too bad it isn't the same amount of CUDA cores at 2060 at $100 cheaper, that would have sold off the shelves like mad. RTX and its adopter fee is dumb, the cards can't benefit at the current processing capabilities.
i would absolutly jump in on GTX 2060 like that.

Its too bad it isn't the same amount of CUDA cores at 2060 at $100 cheaper, that would have sold off the shelves like mad. RTX and its adopter fee is dumb, the cards can't benefit at the current processing capabilities.

I agree. But I am sure there was a business reason for it (i.e. pushing people to go for the 2060 even if they don't want RT)

I would guess it to be close to the GTX 1070 as the 2060 runs close to the 2080.

If it is $250, that is still a better deal than the RX 590.

Wtf I thought the 1000 series was over?

Why not the 2050?
Perception. And that I'm certain they wont brand a 2000 series card without RTX. even if ray tracing has been at very best meh, they want to ensure they continue the naming scheme for the next gen which we all should hope will be better (no matter your party line). Just my 2 cents.

Less CUDA cores but no Tensor cores. Shouldn't this help it OC higher? They might have put in some limits to keep market segmentation though.

Less CUDA cores but no Tensor cores. Shouldn't this help it OC higher? They might have put in some limits to keep market segmentation though.

Nvidia's clocking is held back by the process, not by heat so these will clock the same.

What msrp will this go for? Anything above 250 and it's already doa.

I'd like to see a 2080 Ti equivalent without RTX. THAT is a card I'd be interested in.

No kidding, one can only hope! I doubt this will ever happen as NV would look like they hit a major fail. I don't think RTX is really that bad, they do indeed have to start somewhere but I dislike it being the only option for a high end card at an exorbitant price. How many people can afford or fell a 2080ti is worth what NV is asking for it (or 2080 with its paltry 8GB VRAM)? These may have been sort of worthwhile if they came with double VRAM or something along these lines (like 11-12GB on 2080 and 16GB or more on 2080ti).

More and more sources are independently talking about a cut down RTX 2060.

The latest shows a 1660ti that will have the same memory as the RTX 2060 with less Cuda cores and no RTX/tensor. Therev is also suppose to be an even further cut down version that uses GDDR5X instead. The former should be gtx-1070ish while the latter should be a bit better than the GTX 1060.

They should be the next go to mid range cards. I just think it is funny that they are naming more SKUs as xx60. The 60 series must do alot better in sales than the xx50 cards.

Looking forward to the launch of the GTX 2160LE, 2160 SE, 2160, 2160TI, RTX 2160 and 2160 Ultra.

Back