Become a Patron!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card Review @ [H]

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Kyle_Bennett, Mar 9, 2017.

1. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

IMHO, the price I see at the stand should only ever be the price I am expected to pay for the product at the till, I should not have to do arithmetic in order to figure out if I can afford something or not, I want to be able to SEE it.

However, I have lived only in countries where the Taxes are unified (no GST/PST crap) and it's legally required to have taxes added to the price tag on the shelves. I always hated the NA's method of having to add taxes seperately after.

2. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Sales tax in most states is so small that it usually won't make the difference between being able to or not being able to afford something. With high ticket items it's not hard to do the math in your head. A 1080 Ti at about $700 + a 6% sales tax in Florida is $742, 6 * 7 being 42 and the base price being a multiple of 100.

3. SomeGuy133

SomeGuy133 2[H]4U

if the 50 cents per gallon of tax for gas was added on after the fact most people would be like holy shit! 25% of gas is tax?

But no one notices the 25% tax on gas in the US. Sad thing is the gas tax is a slush fund and never goes to roads but...thats a different issue. and not tech related sooo :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

4. Caedo

Caedo n00bie

This is where the attraction of buying through reputable Ebay stores comes in. I used to buy almost exclusively through Amazon, but when they opened a warehouse nearby it suddenly wasn't as cost-effective compared to other vendors (particularly expensive things). Someone might put up a 1080 Ti FE for $640-650 on Ebay, whereas another source locally (or Amazon) might have it for $620 (pipe dream, but it's an example), and the Ebay option comes out to a good bit less.

SomeGuy133 likes this.