NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another review of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition has popped up on the internet today and this time around it is the crew at NikKTech doing the reviewing. You can see our evaluation here for comparison purposes.

The GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card is based on NVIDIA's brand new Pascal architecture (GP104 processor) which features a total of 2560 CUDA cores, 160 TMUs (texture mapping units), 64 ROPs (raster operations pipelines) and a 256bit memory interface along with a total of 8GB GDDR5X RAM by our friends over at Micron (memory is effectively clocked at 10GHz).

I seen it at the store on Friday and caved :(

This FE is strangely set to EVGA SC clock settings.

I should add that GPU-Z says it's set to 1734 boost, but the boost goes to 1837 when a game is running.

Last edited:
I seen it at the store on Friday and caved :(

This FE is strangely set to EVGA SC clock settings.

I should add that GPU-Z says it's set to 1734 boost, but the boost goes to 1837 when a game is running.
GPU-Z reads clock speed from the BIOS. 1734 MHz is the reference Boost clock (seen here). If it was flashed with the EVGA SC BIOS then GPU-Z would be giving you that clock instead. If you read the [H] review you'll see that they recorded a maximum Boost clock of 1885 MHz in their testing at OOB settings on their open bench. 1837 MHz in games sounds to be about right inline with the FE OOBE installed in a closed case.

Back